Attack looking good.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
I have'nt rated Souths all season
Still does'nt take the fact away our defence was putrid today
swear bennett Alwys fucks over his old clubs .. tells them reyniolds ain’t worth keeping = one less team to worry about when he coaches dolphins

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We just need conformation from Annesley when we are aloud to employ illegal tactics to slow the ptb down to a crawl like the nrl darlings
Annoyed me no end, whenever we were in a good attacking position, Souths trainer
would rush onto the field and the referee has to stop the game.
The HIA's were all false and just helped Souths regather.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It did annoy me how quickly we are called to get off the tackled player, while our opponents are allowed to lie all over us.
Annoyed me no end, whenever we were in a good attacking position, Souths trainer
would rush onto the field and the referee has to stop the game.
The HIA's were all false and just helped Souths regather.
If we tried to employed the tactics South's got away with we would be outed by the media and they and the referees both would use it as a reason why we get slammed in the penalty count for the next 3 year's. I counted two, 8 second-ish ptb's from our end in the 1st half. They weren't dominate or surrender tackles. They were leg up tackles for south's.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What about defence?
Way too much being made of it, tbh. Souths are a very good attacking team and with the exception of Penrith and maybe Cronulla, I think just about every other team would have conceded a 30 plus point score on at least one occasion this year. Welcome to the era of the 6 again.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
in that case
u wont be making top 4 or challenging for titles
Top 4 team cowboys have conceded 26 points in their last three games. Top 4 team Melbourne have conceded 30 plus twice in the last month.

Our D does need to improve a little, but it's really not anywhere near as bad as some are suggesting. Especially given we've been forced to make a number of changes to our backline in recent weeks and have made some changes to our defensive approach and structures.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Top 4 team cowboys have conceded 26 points in their last three games. Top 4 team Melbourne have conceded 30 plus twice in the last month.

Our D does need to improve a little, but it's really not anywhere near as bad as some are suggesting. Especially given we've been forced to make a number of changes to our backline in recent weeks and have made some changes to our defensive approach and structures.
Cowboys have the 2nd best defence
Melb has the 4th best defence

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cowboys have the 2nd best defence
Melb has the 4th best defence
That just proves my point. With the six again rule, even good defensive teams can have a bad week. Our d was pretty good in the three games prior to this one. And Potter never even had a preseason with us. We are a work in progress, but I don't think our d is as big of a problem as some are saying.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
That just proves my point. With the six again rule, even good defensive teams can have a bad week. Our d was pretty good in the three games prior to this one. And Potter never even had a preseason with us. We are a work in progress, but I don't think our d is as big of a problem as some are saying.
in that case
u wont be making top 4 or challenging for titles

Malla

Reaction score
Averillo is great in attack when he runs however few times he called for the ball to run a play on the blindside when we did not have any numbers - he probably needs to stop that and just focus on running
Also his defence is concerning. Did not look like he wanted any part of the ball for Illias' first try. Stood there and watched. Positional play needs a lot of work and I don't think he's the best communicator. I think it was the try that levelled the score at 28all, there was a gap as big as watsons bay up the middle and Averillo did nothing to communicate to our defensive line for numbers in the middle. Small shit like that he needs plenty of work but understandable given he's trained most of the year at half. Either way looks promising.
Was proven right again today
I think he’s exciting in open field but he is not first grade standard

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was proven right again today
I think he’s exciting in open field but he is not first grade standard
Averillo needs a full pre season at fullback he was trained by Barrett to be a halfback which obviously failed.

Has his issues like all players in our squad but hoping a proper pre season with a proper coach will go a long way to fixing it