Atrocious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that was our best semi final effort I am disappointed, every time we mounted some pressure we seem f#ck up and let them off, forward passes, knock ons, crap kicks and no idea on how to finnish a set.
We have so much work to do, sorry for being a whinger but we won't win jack crap with that.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Defence, Mr. Dog. 2 trys allowed and keeping the premiers scoreless for an entire half gets me hard.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with both of you here. Our defence was fantastic and great defence at this time of year wins you games. However, I was really concerned with how much ball we turned over. We failed to complete our set of six on each occasion after scoring, but this can easily be fixed by Des. We can now enjoy the week off and wait to see who we play next. woManly look ready to go out the back door!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just won a semi with that so we can win jack.
However in all seriousness ur right in that we can improve immensely.
Barba should of taken on matai both those times one on one close to the line that rodent scum matai could not have stopped benny b.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
An element of inexperience perhaps?

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
hopefully the players with any niggling injuries get some rest, and come out firing for the prelim in 2 weeks

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think so, we will be better off for the game, it was their first taste of finals footy for alot of our boys. We will only get better!

Dog Daze

Waterboy
Reaction score
Glad they got the finals nerves out of the system and still won such an important match against the defending premiers

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barba should of taken on matai both those times one on one close to the line that rodent scum matai could not have stopped benny b.
Agree. I was a little surprised Barba did what he did. Then again it's always easy from the couch.

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that was our best semi final effort I am disappointed, every time we mounted some pressure we seem f#ck up and let them off, forward passes, knock ons, crap kicks and no idea on how to finnish a set.
We have so much work to do, sorry for being a whinger but we won't win jack crap with that.
I have to agree - so much to be happy about and so much to be worried about BUT there is something special about this team-we will improve and we will be in the GF!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
x 2, it was nice to win ugly on such an important game, like Des said after the game when asked what he thought was the best thing to come out of the match for his side....answer.........
"The next two weeks off"!!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it down to nerves. I can't remember the last time that many forward passes were called! We hung in there in defence though and got the win.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Rodents are much better than Matai and yes you are right Barba should have backed himself - he would have gone very close to scoring as the defence line was a bit jagged and was sort of retreating

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The best part is that we can and will play much better than that!

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought keating really stepped it up made some great tackles and what a try!

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were never allowed to play footy. Manly wanted to scrap and it took it out of both teams. i'm happy with the game and i am sure des knows where to work on for next week.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The positives are we can defend close to our line set after set against the defending Premiers but could of won 22-0 if we didn't keep handing the ball over.

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
It was a scrappy match, no argument. But we wouldn't have won it if we were as bad as you say, either.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a scrappy match, no argument. But we wouldn't have won it if we were as bad as you say, either.
Manly were just as bad, we would of been beat if they were a disciplined lot, lucky they were grubs.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We didn't play anywhere near our best, the refs were the worst I have seen all season, yet we beat the reigning premiers when it mattered and kept them to only 10 points AND kept them scoreless for 50 mins.Imagine we played to our potential.Well done boys, 2 games to go

Status
Not open for further replies.