Assassin Jr 2021 PREMIERS

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy that age Assassin, good up to about 12 to 13, then its pressure if they want or play rep footy alot of ups and downs, the hits get bigger and the injuries get worse, but i wouldn't trade watching my son play for nothing, it's the biggest buzz you can get.
Even though not playing he trains like a beast waiting to play again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well done my bro, what position does your young fella player?
Asking for a friend (Trent Barrett ) lol
He mainly plays in hooker (he is the cheese type, not the Grant type) but he covers in halfback, lock and basically anywhere in the forwards.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Enjoy that age Assassin, good up to about 12 to 13, then its pressure if they want or play rep footy alot of ups and downs, the hits get bigger and the injuries get worse, but i wouldn't trade watching my son play for nothing, it's the biggest buzz you can get.
Even though not playing he trains like a beast waiting to play again.
Exactly my bro. I have him training every second day to keep his fitness and skills up.

All the best to your son my brother!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The sacrifices you make as a parent, I sold my pride and joy, to deck out a garage into gym, so my son remains on track for what he wants, in rep season he walks in the door at nearly 9pm 3 nights a week. But he loves everything about it, always has always will.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sacrifices you make as a parent, I sold my pride and joy, to deck out a garage into gym, so my son remains on track for what he wants, in rep season he walks in the door at nearly 9pm 3 nights a week. But he loves everything about it, always has always will.
I love that mate. It's a big sacrifice, I hope he realises and appreciates and we hope to see him dominate in the blue and white in years to come!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Congrats bro. It'd be frustrating for you and the kids to have their comps stopped and started like this. Hopefully next year they can play without any disruptions..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Congratulations on being awarded the premiership. :D

Having you as a coach would be an inspiration in itself.. the persistence and heart of a lion.

Hard work and team spirit obviously alive at the Wenty under 9 (3).

Hope that you can keep the boys together so they get to develop their game together to another level. It is really hard to be a coach of the younger ones ( I did it for my son in soccer) because as you know full well, parents like to have a say at times. Hoping that that is not too much of a problem for you though.Maintaining a solid balance between players of a lesser ability and those that excel is difficult but it is rewarding when you can then see those with a lesser ability do really contribute in a solid way to benefit the team overall.
It sounds like you have a good handle on this coaching thing and have the boys interests at heart. You can be proud of their achievements and of yourself as well.

Onward and upwards ......

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good on you assman, I remember coaching u8/9's was like herding cats but great fun.
Lol it started off like that but they ended up listening more after every win. I used to hook them after a mistake the first 3 rounds, it was tough love but it did help with our completions.

I had them playing at a higher level for their age. I had them even calling set plays, cut out passes, inside balls and I even had the less talented players running lines and decoys lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So whan is Assassin Jr going to be ready to step up for the dogs? Still a year or two off?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love that mate. It's a big sacrifice, I hope he realises and appreciates and we hope to see him dominate in the blue and white in years to come!
Thanks mate, He appreciates everything, very good boy , never in trouble so I look after him and guide him, at 2 years old he was questioning me whats a penalty and watching games taking it right in. Hope he can put blue and white on, but its whoever gives you the love. Funny thing when he was about 11 opposition crowd were yelling out horrible things in a final, i was on field trainer, after the game my wife was in the car crying and angry at what was said, I told her don't worry and get used to hearing it, Its because he is a good player.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Believe it or not the whole team slacked off and were too busy fighting within the team lol it was our 2nd game of the season.

Sometimes too much talent leads to arrogance.
same thing happened to the Bulldogs FG side