Asotasi and Tonga's injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
due to knee injuries?

Can any1 confirm that this is true? Heard it at the game tonight..

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
They will have scans 2morrow, but yes. Expect it to be for the rest of the year.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont get ur hopes up it isnt confirmed yet... fint out 2mor when they get scans

Number13

Management
Reaction score
It is a shame. There is no doubt our confidence will be low as a result.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Think about it. Has Asotasi played his last game for the Bulldogs?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
we need them for the finals, but they looked really hurt, hopefully its not as bad as it looks..

0neye

Waterboy
Reaction score
How about you change your thread name.

Fark me Roy was running around at the end... stop over dramatising

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
0neye said:

Perhaps YOU need to use BOTH eyes and read this:

The Bulldogs premiership hopes were dealt a potentially fatal double blow with representative duo Roy Asotasi and Willie Tonga suffering suspected season-ending knee injuries in their side's loss to Brisbane at Telstra Stadium tonight.

Asotasi and Tonga both limped off early in the first half to leave the Bulldogs shorthanded for the majority of the match, the Broncos taking advantage of a tiring defence to run up an impressive five tries to nil victory.

(Source: http://www.smh.com.au)

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Source Http://www.bulldogs.com.au

Asotasi left the field after just 13 minutes of play and has sustained an injury to his medial ligament. Tonga joined Asotasi just eight minutes later as the doctors were once again forced to announce another medial ligament injury. Both players will have scans tomorrow however early signs could have the duo out for the remainder of the season while Nate Myles and Dallas McIlwain both spent time in the sheds through injury.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
****!
Massive loss if they are out for the season, especially Roy.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the scans will be positive & that they will both be back for the finals, this is really going to test us & derail our course somewhat as we head towards the final series.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those articles don't sound too promising, but Tonga didn't actually look that bad. He wasn't limping much at all.

I suggest we have no more threads about strongest lineups and how we haven't had many injuries etc lol.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nate said:
Those articles don't sound too promising, but Tonga didn't actually look that bad. He wasn't limping much at all.

I suggest we have no more threads about strongest lineups and how we haven't had many injuries etc lol.
These next weeks lineup threads are ****ting me to tears!

DoGz Of WaR

Reaction score
Premiers04 said:
Hopefully the scans will be positive & that they will both be back for the finals, this is really going to test us & derail our course somewhat as we head towards the final series.
no offence to asotasi but we still have the forward pack without him to win a premiership. he will (but hopefully not) be a big loss for us in the coming weeks but it is something we will have to overcome. tonga may be a bit harder to replace as either reni or sonny will have to play centre and this lessens their impact in the forward pak.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
0neye said:

Let's hope that this is the case. But from wher I sit Roy and Willie did not look good.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
knee injuries are sualyy a few weeks even if it is good news, so i'd say they are gone.

H

Haztrick

Im praying that they will be ok.. I would hate for Asotasi to go out this way :(

Adn Tonga was finding some really good form and now ANOTHER knee injury... FFS IM SO PISSED

Status
Not open for further replies.