Asipeli Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about Asipeli’s situation being off contract and suffering such a bad injury on Sunday. Does anyone know how the club supports players in this situation? Obviously his medical bills are paid for but I couldn’t imagine he was on big money and would now struggle to land a contract for next year or going forward with another club.
It would be nice to think he is looked after that’s all...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about Asipeli’s situation being off contract and suffering such a bad injury on Sunday. Does anyone know how the club supports players in this situation? Obviously his medical bills are paid for but I couldn’t imagine he was on big money and would now struggle to land a contract for next year or going forward with another club.
It would be nice to think he is looked after that’s all...

I contacted @NRLPhysio on Twitter who supplied the following opinion. Thanks @NRLPhysio!
asipeli3.png

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i thought he was going to widnes ? shit week for the bloke, mad monday bullshit compounded by an injury like this.. shits fucked.

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
i thought he was going to widnes ? shit week for the bloke, mad monday bullshit compounded by an injury like this.. shits fucked.
Yep i really feel for the guy. Widnes is at least something if that’s on.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jesus christ

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah feel for the bloke... was playing good footy and should have been offered at least another 1-2 years from us I fee.

NRL Physio is a top bloke, chatted to him quite a bit before my Twitter got nuked.

On a different (yet somewhat related note), I was actually born without a hip socket. Was in frog plaster for about 6 months or something (I dont recall exact details as I was only like 1-2 years old), in order to get my hip socket to reform.

Had it not been successful I'd have walked with a permnanent limp. I believe this is why I now suffer lower back issues though, because the muscles on that side were not correctly formed.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah feel for the bloke... was playing good footy and should have been offered at least another 1-2 years from us I fee.

NRL Physio is a top bloke, chatted to him quite a bit before my Twitter got nuked.

On a different (yet somewhat related note), I was actually born without a hip socket. Was in frog plaster for about 6 months or something (I dont recall exact details as I was only like 1-2 years old), in order to get my hip socket to reform.

Had it not been successful I'd have walked with a permnanent limp. I believe this is why I now suffer lower back issues though, because the muscles on that side were not correctly formed.
My 10 week old daughter was born with the same problem, she's currently wearing a harness support so hope to god it works because it's extremely stressful thinking of the worst outcome

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that he's able to make a comeback. Still pretty young so he shouldn't rush things.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor bloke. I remember when Chris Lawrence dislocated his hip a few years ago. Was never the same player.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have done the exact same injury as Fine but I was in a car accident so I really feel for him. He’s in for a long and pinful rehab process.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My 10 week old daughter was born with the same problem, she's currently wearing a harness support so hope to god it works because it's extremely stressful thinking of the worst outcome
@Bulldogz82 I'm sure you'll be right. Mine appear to have healed well over the next 30+ years.

I believe it's lead to my lower back issues now, but at least I can wak without a limp, and was actually a primary school/highschool sprinter, and one of the fastest over 100m.. so hasn't impacted me that much.

Harness supports weren't around when I was born, only frog plaster casts.

On the plus side it has lead to me being strong as an ox across the chest, from pulling myself + plaster around as a kid.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He must have a very high pain threshold. When they took him off the field he had no pain relief and he looked to be in a very uncomfortable position on the stretcher which looked about a foot and a half too short for him.

It was a crunching tackle, one with a lot of force as we now know.

Where to from here for him....after recovery and rehab pretty much the whole off season and into next gone which is unfortunate in relation to the fact he was reported to be looking at going to England.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My thoughts, best wishes and prayers go to her mate.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Bulldogz82 I'm sure you'll be right. Mine appear to have healed well over the next 30+ years.

I believe it's lead to my lower back issues now, but at least I can wak without a limp, and was actually a primary school/highschool sprinter, and one of the fastest over 100m.. so hasn't impacted me that much.

Harness supports weren't around when I was born, only frog plaster casts.

On the plus side it has lead to me being strong as an ox across the chest, from pulling myself + plaster around as a kid.
Good to hear it all worked out bro

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He must have a very high pain threshold. When they took him off the field he had no pain relief and he looked to be in a very uncomfortable position on the stretcher which looked about a foot and a half too short for him.

It was a crunching tackle, one with a lot of force as we now know.

Where to from here for him....after recovery and rehab pretty much the whole off season and into next gone which is unfortunate in relation to the fact he was reported to be looking at going to England.
He was screaming in pain though, it was horrible to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.