Opinion Aside from us losing regularly, What is your “ pet hate “ in the NRL ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My pet hate at the moment is players giving the ref the “6 again” or “10 in the bin” signals to try and influence the situation. Watch how many times Penrith and Melbourne do it today.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way knock ons are ruled. General play the ball gets knocked back they still call knock on. If it goes to video ref they sit there and analyse it exactly to the mil

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Generally speaking the fact that for a number of seasons the NRL has tried to downplay the fact that referees influence games dramatically. They've created grey areas for refs to interpret rules which allows them to police some teams on one thing but let the other team get away with it. And now that it's all led to the 6 again rules I often can't even tell what the calls are actually for. So referees are under no scrutiny and can be incredibly biased.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs not being a hated team anymore.This is because we are a charity these days. A pot where everyone pours their sympathies in.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gerard Sutton
Chris Sutton.

Markers not square but getting away with it has always been a pet hate of mine.

Constant rule changes by an administration who in the main have never been involved at the top level as a player, coach or club administrator.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My pet hate is when coaches pick favourites rather than the best person for a position. A lot of coaches have done and still do this and it is not fair to a players mental well-being.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Betting markets and the impact they have on our game!!! From pun dents to players to officials.....Their influence is every where. No wonder we and other teams never have an equal playing field. Too much money exchanging hands and favoritism shown blatantly across the competition.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the aspect of a proposed two tier competition, bringing back some of the old tribalism of yester year but what peeves me off about how the NRL is run is the fact that even under a salary cap the competition remains uneven with some clubs / teams heavily laden with talent in all positions with out any of the experts / media or NRL officials batting eye, while other teams are filled with fringe first graders supposedly on the same coin. What good is a competition if you can knowingly pick the top four teams before a ball is kicked off at the start of a season??? Openly knowing that the rest of the Competition are there just to make up the numbers.

Last edited: