News Asiata gone ?

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being honest, I actually see where you're coming from. Very few in Aus have truly experienced the implications of covid as you've been able to keep it relatively under control. So, it's a bit like "out of sight, out of mind." I get it.

Are you a parent? I am. Now, I don't know anyone who has died from driving too fast, but I'd always tell my kids to stick to the speed limits. Why? Even tho I haven't personally experienced it, there's clear evidence that speeding kills so I need to do what's best for my kids.

In Australia, I don't think you've experienced, truly experienced the devastating affects of covid. That's great. But, it doesn't mean it's not bad, does it?

Let's put this into perspective.

I live in Slovenia which apparently had/has the highest rate of covid infections per 100k in the world. I believe an average of over 3k new infections a day for around 2m people? At present I believe it's at around 20 deaths a day. Big numbers in all honesty for such a small country.

You don't know anyone who's had covid? Here I think it'd be hard finding someone who doesn't know a person who has had covid. It's the norm over here tbh.

In my immediate circle, brother and sister in-law, neice and nephew, brother in law's girlfriend, 4 close friends. Next door neighbour died from it. But, if I then go to friends and acquaintances ... Massive massive numbers. I teach and this week alone I could say a minimal of 20 kids have been infected from my classes. That's in 2 days.

Saying you don't know anyone with covid may be true, and I understand it because you haven't been hot in Australia with the reality of the situation.

But, it doesn't mean that covid isn't real. Or dangerous.

I'll give you one final example.

A close family friend. Her old mother fell ill and had to go into intensive care. Not connected to covid at all. But, because of covid patients overloading the hospitals here her treatment was heavily affected.

No visitors were allowed to see her go the 2 weeks she was in intensive care. The nurses didn't change her position enough while she was lying in bed because they simply didn't have the time.

The result? She's alive but has come out a vegetable. Extremely confused and forgets heaps. Barely speaking. Very poor body movement. All avoidable, easily avoidable in normal times.

There are so many long reaching affects of covid. I hope that you Aussies take it seriously and never get to our stage as it honestly sucks balls (usually for me this is positive but it's negative in this instance)
The post of the year!!! Seriously

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Back on topic. Asiata would miss 1 or 2 games max next year if Qld continues to ban unvaxxed for noe.

We play once in Qld and thats magic round and not sure if we play Melb in Melbourne. So he misses out on 1-2 games. Fuck me we been paying 600k plus for donkeys like Napa or Elliott or RFm who hardly plays every year. But that's ok isn't it..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you consider an independent unbiased source?
Well commercial media networks in general, aren't usually great researchers of anything. And sell advertising space to big business,so they're rarely impartial. YouTube has a lot of good researchers who are fairly independent. If you want unbiased research on anything you have to use multiple sources.

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well commercial media networks in general, aren't usually great researchers of anything. And sell advertising space to big business,so they're rarely impartial. YouTube has a lot of good researchers who are fairly independent. If you want unbiased research on anything you have to use multiple sources.
I'm more a lurker than a poster on here, but had to jump in on this one for some balance. Youtube research is not 'unbiased', it carries the inherent bias of the individual posting it. It's also not peer reviewed and barely regulated so can't be considered factual or fact checked. It is the poster's thought's reinforced by articles they have found on the net - those can be factual or not, but they're selectively chosen and put forward to prove the poster's point.

This is then amplified by the algorithm that uses the searcher's history of looking for a certain perspective to funnel them to more and more posters putting forward the same 'unbiased' research which then becomes fact in the searcher's mind. Multiple sources found on social media are the same content from an algorithm-built echo chamber. Thats how you get threads like this where 2 sides are talking 'at' each other and slinging shit instead of being able to listen to both sides of the situation.

If you're vaccine hesitant because you have had a family member react poorly to vaccines in the past or a medical professional has warned you off it, fair enough. If you don't want it because 'freedom' or because Cardi B's mate's brother's balls got all swollen after getting it, then you're either selfish or ignorant, or both.

So after all that... Asiata? Is this any different to Hopoate's Sunday refusal? If he stays he'll miss games due to a belief system. I remember a lot of us having the shits with that scenario and thought the idea of it was ridiculous, and this kind of falls in the same camp for me. If you can't be there for the team to put in every week, then on your bike.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm more a lurker than a poster on here, but had to jump in on this one for some balance. Youtube research is not 'unbiased', it carries the inherent bias of the individual posting it. It's also not peer reviewed and barely regulated so can't be considered factual or fact checked. It is the poster's thought's reinforced by articles they have found on the net - those can be factual or not, but they're selectively chosen and put forward to prove the poster's point.

This is then amplified by the algorithm that uses the searcher's history of looking for a certain perspective to funnel them to more and more posters putting forward the same 'unbiased' research which then becomes fact in the searcher's mind. Multiple sources found on social media are the same content from an algorithm-built echo chamber. Thats how you get threads like this where 2 sides are talking 'at' each other and slinging shit instead of being able to listen to both sides of the situation.

If you're vaccine hesitant because you have had a family member react poorly to vaccines in the past or a medical professional has warned you off it, fair enough. If you don't want it because 'freedom' or because Cardi B's mate's brother's balls got all swollen after getting it, then you're either selfish or ignorant, or both.

So after all that... Asiata? Is this any different to Hopoate's Sunday refusal? If he stays he'll miss games due to a belief system. I remember a lot of us having the shits with that scenario and thought the idea of it was ridiculous, and this kind of falls in the same camp for me. If you can't be there for the team to put in every week, then on your bike.
You should post more.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
BBC and NPR are generally reasonably good to get information from. When they do stuff up they acknowledge it. Listen or watch Hard talk, the interview s are generally very direct and the interview ers are willing to ask the questions that challenge and call out people being interviewed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Back on topic. Asiata would miss 1 or 2 games max next year if Qld continues to ban unvaxxed for noe.

We play once in Qld and thats magic round and not sure if we play Melb in Melbourne. So he misses out on 1-2 games. Fuck me we been paying 600k plus for donkeys like Napa or Elliott or RFm who hardly plays every year. But that's ok isn't it..
New Zealand?

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'm a former lurker myself. I welcome anyones opinions or their criticism of mine, Particularly when it's succinct and logical like yours.Whilst i dont agree with it all, Im glad you offered it.Exchange of ideas and debating issues gives us a better understanding of them.
I know YouTube isn't the perfect source of information for all things. Or completely unbiased, if you wade through the crap you can find people who are very knowledgeable on certain things and they have researched them extensively.far more than I'm ever likely to. and from the comments other people make you can find other sources with differing opinions. And i did say if you want to do unbiased research on anything,you need to find multiple sources. In relation to the algorithm,I've found if you don't log in to YouTube it's less impactful. And the kennel is the only real social media I have now. So it has little to no influence on me. Incidentally I didn't know much about Cardi B,so I did some research and won't be seeking her opinion or using her as a source for anything.
In relation to covid,I know there is a more appropriate thread for it,but you've asked me here so I'll briefly answer. I've had 3 close contacts,negative result to the 1st, the 2nd i was in a car for an hour with 2 people who subsequently had it, i was unaware of that fact until 22 days after the exposure and didnt get tested, the 3rd was a brief close contact with someone during lockdown who was asymptomatic, I found out about a week later, I didn't get tested and yes I know i probably should have. My conclusion, based on the fact I very rarely get a cold or the Flu and I don't get a flu shot is I'm possibly asymptomatic or more likely have immunity that is able to deal with it. So I don't think I need the vaccine. I'm going to Thailand next year and will have to get it,but I'm still hopeful of getting covid before the vax as I think it would give me a broader and or longer lasting immunity.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBC and NPR are generally reasonably good to get information from. When they do stuff up they acknowledge it. Listen or watch Hard talk, the interview s are generally very direct and the interview ers are willing to ask the questions that challenge and call out people being interviewed.
I don't mind Sky news the journalist are generally good and ask things I would. Al Jezeera I don't mind for certain things either. Mainstream American media is largely garbage or more accurately propaganda. Politics and big corporations are to intertwined with it. You can say that of a lot of the mainstream commercial media.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why should anyone cut off Medicare you dumb fuck? IF that's the case then should they also stop paying taxes?
Because if you genuinely believe that doctors are untrustworthy, and are trying to actively do you harm for their own financial gain like old mate does then why on earth would you go see a doctor? I mean that's almost the equivalent of staying in an abusive relationship. Btw no need to act like a forum tough guy and start using profanity when the interaction I was having was really none of your business you big hero

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having a conversation with u is like talking to a brick,your brain dead.
Mate answer the question, since you have such a distrust of doctors and genuinely believe they're trying to do you harm for financially gain why would you go back to a doctor ever again?