Ash Harrison ruled out of Origin 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ashley Harrison has been ruled out of next week's State of Origin game three with a broken toe.

The Maroons lock had scans today but the Titans just confirmed he won’t be considered for the decider at Suncorp Stadium.

Corey Parker will take his place at the back of the scrum for Queensland.

Queensland selectors would have given Harrison every chance of playing should he have been half a chance of competing but the news from the Gold Coast is definitive. He will be out for a month.

"I’m really disappointed I can’t be part of a decider in my home town," said Harrison, who has played 14 Origins for the Maroons since 2005.

"It wouldn't be fair on myself and the team as I wouldn't have been able to prepare the way I should for such an important game.

"I've got full faith in whoever is selected that they can get the job done and I'd like to wish the Queensland team the best of luck for next Wednesday night."

Selectors are still expected to name an extended squad tomorrow afternoon at Coolum but Harrison's late scratching takes one decision out of their hands.

It presents a great opportunity for Parker, who was a standout on Friday night against Souths and looked the part in Origin II in Sydney before a terrible cut on his leg ended his night.

Most of the scrutiny now will surround Slater, who injured his PCL in game two and hasn't played since. He is expected to be named in the side, with Matt Bowen or Ben Barba the obvious Plan B.

If the Queenslanders play Greg Inglis at fullback, Storm centre Dane Nielsen is the likely candidate to move into the centres

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...led-out-of-origin-decider-20120625-20y17.html

Status
Not open for further replies.