ASH BARTY RETIRES

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With tennis players it's a bit different. There are so many of them that it's almost like they're a dime a dozen, and hard to keep up with who's who, so I'll have to go with an oldie but a good as my goat - Daniela Hantuchova :D

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sad day for Australian sports but what a legend Ash is and she’s such a great role model for all kids to look up to. I wish her nothing but the best moving forward.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
Sad day for Australian sports but what a legend Ash is and she’s such a great role model for all kids to look up to. I wish her nothing but the best moving forward.
She’s certainly likeable

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
I think she should have won the US open so she won all 4 before doing this.
2 more years tops that would take and imagism the money in the process. She can hire magic Mike level strippers for rest of her life

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, @Rodzilla Ash Barty is pregnant as predicted above, so she was planning a life after tennis.

But yeah, you and your ‘brain ability’ for stating that her retirement was about ‘being found out’ :tearsofjoy:.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yep, @Rodzilla Ash Barty is pregnant as predicted above, so she was planning a life after tennis.

But yeah, you and your ‘brain ability’ for stating that her retirement was about ‘being found out’ :tearsofjoy:.
this is your fall back/retreat line prediction and its a now a year later, your opening prediction was there was no way she was not going to defend her wimbledon title

she fluked a few grand slam wins by not having to face anybody and escaped, just like she stayed away hiding from tennis in 2021, quit while ahead

im not even criticising her, thats the smart way to go out, sharapova should have done this instead of being meat for serena for 10 years

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
people who escaped and quit while ahead can have babies too, they are allowed

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
this is your fall back/retreat line prediction and its a now a year later, your opening prediction was there was no way she was not going to defend her wimbledon title

she fluked a few grand slam wins by not having to face anybody and escaped, just like she stayed away hiding from tennis in 2021, quit while ahead

im not even criticising her, thats the smart way to go out, sharapova should have done this instead of being meat for serena for 10 years
Nah, as I stated above, her retirement surprised me and yes that included not defending her Wimbledon (or Aussie) title. But she’d obviously moved on to other priorities and not for the absurd reasons you suggest.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nah, as I stated above, her retirement surprised me and yes that included not defending her Wimbledon (or Aussie) title. But she’d obviously moved on to other priorities and not for the absurd reasons you suggest.
i said it at the time when she had just won and before there was a hint of retirement, its not some bullshit backtracking 2nd attempt prediction

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Dinkum Dog "lolol you are wrong, as if she isn't going to defend her wimbledon title"

Dinkum Dog "ok she didn't defend her wimbledon title but you are still wrong"

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the 'fire' has gone from the belly......and now...she is nothing ......'but Ash'....

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Australian tennis is worse off without her that is for sure.

Now all we have is the clown Kyrgios which the media tries to get us excited about in their promos.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rodzilla, You are wrong in that she did NOT retire due to fear of getting owned that's BS lol she had achieved what she wanted and won 3 of the 4 slams(I think)..said stuff it that'll do me I'm done.

Easily our best player since Goolagong/Cawley.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum Dog "lolol you are wrong, as if she isn't going to defend her wimbledon title"

Dinkum Dog "ok she didn't defend her wimbledon title but you are still wrong"
Yeah, you are wrong, because she didn’t retire for ‘fluking’ grand slams nor being ‘found out’. No-one ‘flukes’ 3 grand slams. But you knew that.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
usually nobody can fluke 3 grand slams, but barty fluked 3 grand slams, who did she beat to win the grand slams? nobody at all and she won because the WTA is a joke, she got cakewalks and they hand the trophy out each year so someone has to win

this is not the first time she was hiding, she stayed away in 2021 and hid behind her protected cakewalk ranking points all year, and she quit earlier in her career as well, people give kyrgios shit for not wanting to compete or whatever but this one deserves it even more