ASH BARTY RETIRES

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be great if she retired to pursue family life.
i think this will be the case...
Possibly support her fella trying to do something with golf & drop a couple of future champions at whatever sport they put their little hands to.
In an age when legend is to easily bandied about to describe flash in the pan performances there stands Ash who actually is a legend!!
A credit to Australia & her people....absolutely love Ash!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I amaze people with my brain ability

for example last time I was discussing ash Barty was talking about how she was hiding away for 1 of those years and she will probably hide again so that she doesn’t become exposed

dinkum dog replied as if she isn’t going to defend her Wimbledon title, so if all this was said at a party then anybody who remembers it would credit me for knowing and think dinkum dog is just another non brain user
@Trollzilla - weak as piss not tagging who you’re addressing. No surprise I guess….

Yep, I acknowledge I’m surprised she retired but don’t accept your usual sour sack nonsense that it’s because she’s ‘scared‘. She won the French, Wimbledon and Aussie titles on 3 different surfaces. No one without guts and commitment achieves that.

She’s getting married soon (maybe she’s pregnant, who knows) - there could be a number of reasons why she’s elected not to go on but ’fear of exposure‘ isn’t the reason. You obviously don’t suffer from ‘fear of exposure’ because it happens every day on TK :-).

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Trollzilla - weak as piss not tagging who you’re addressing. No surprise I guess….

Yep, I acknowledge I’m surprised she retired but don’t accept your usual sour sack nonsense that it’s because she’s ‘scared‘. She won the French, Wimbledon and Aussie titles on 3 different surfaces. No one without guts and commitment achieves that.

She’s getting married soon (maybe she’s pregnant, who knows) - there could be a number of reasons why she’s elected not to go on but ’fear of exposure‘ isn’t the reason. You obviously don’t suffer from ‘fear of exposure’ because it happens every day on TK :-).
DD absolutely bud..absolutely.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

She is absolutely the sort of person who would do that for her partner, golf is his gig someone said?
As you said maybe pregnant sure she will want a few little 'uns.
Not impossible she may have a crack at Golf too.

One thing I'm sure of though DD
RodzTOOLa is indeed one massive flog.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
An absolute credit to herself and her family. She rightly should be very proud of what she's achieved in the sport, but more importantly the superb way in which she conducted herself on and off the court. No temper tantrums, tanking matches etc, always super respectful to her opponents. You could see how much respect she was held in by her opponents with how they virtually all would look her in the eye, have a smile and congratulate her when she had beaten them. I can't think of another female tennis player who had that sort of respect from her opponents in the last decade.
Brilliant role model to all young girls in whatever sport they choose to play, she was a pleasure to watch.
Good onya Ash, you represented this country like a true champion.

She will be a winner in whatever she chooses to do post-tennis. Bloody great chick. Sad to see her call it a day.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm sure I read it just recently (earlier this arvo) on wiki. Her ranking has since been removed altogether.

Good thing she won our Aus Open during her career. I think that she was wanting to win that before retiring, and now that she's got it she lost the drive. A real shame though because she had the talent to be one of the all time greats.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We’ll… I guess it’ll be another 50 years before we produce a grand slam champion again!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
you were probably surprised by the news, I was not surprised, I knew she didn’t want to compete
Sometimes trolling is not obvious. Sometimes it is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
She has plenty of cash, so doesn't need to earn more, and couldn't go out on a higher note. The current world no.1 and winning the Aussie open in her last ever tournament. That's some finish.

Its a lot of commitment and effort to stay at number one so long and win grand slams. She probably wants a life now instead. Good luck to her. She earned it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
She has plenty of cash, so doesn't need to earn more, and couldn't go out on a higher note. The current world no.1 and winning the Aussie open in her last ever tournament. That's some finish.

Its a lot of commitment and effort to stay at number one so long and win grand slams. She probably wants a life now instead. Good luck to her. She earned it.
$32m in career prize money.
$3m in the past year.
More in endorsements/sponsorships.
Let’s roughly say you net even half of that after taxes and costs (staff, travel etc).
Not bad for a 25yo who wants to settle down.
Good on her and ignore the knockers.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

She’s getting married soon (maybe she’s pregnant, who knows) - there could be a number of reasons why she’s elected not to go on but ’fear of exposure‘ isn’t the reason. You obviously don’t suffer from ‘fear of exposure’ because it happens every day on TK :-)
sure you can achieve that without guts and commitment, just hope you get an easy draw a few times then beat up on the tomato cans to win the grand slams

why are you acting like this is the first time she didn't want to compete and get exposed, why do you think i said that? its because she has a history of not competing and avoiding getting exposed

like i said at the time she had a chance as world number 1 to play old serena in the grand slams, serena was waiting for in the next round, both times she flopped and lost to alison riske and the wang, serena has a well known habit of destroying the pretending number 1 and it becomes a big news story in itself (serena mocking safina)

she sat out a whole year instead of competing, now she is going to quit while she is ahead, with a few cakewalk grand slams and a terrible losing record against ranked players, one of the worst you can think of

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
$32m in career prize money.
$3m in the past year.
More in endorsements/sponsorships.
Let’s roughly say you net even half of that after taxes and costs (staff, travel etc).
Not bad for a 25yo who wants to settle down.
Good on her and ignore the knockers.
i said she wants to hide and avoid getting exposed, you said as if she is not going to defend her wimbledon title

she retired without playing another tennis match

btw put me down for her making a comeback within 2 years, probably within 1, that way any poor performance can be put down to the layoff

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I probably will, but not now, I’ve got some fluff to pick out of my belly button. Priorities :-).
btw if a baby doesn't pop out of her in a year or less then im bumping the thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^Is this tnuc Australian or what?
Needs putting down alright, AND T. Lamb removed from its sig the Clayton's Dog's fan.