Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So 60 people across both codes looking at a 2 year ban.

Going to be really interesting to see how this plays out. Sadly I think it will still be a very long time before this is done with.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not fair! They can't ban Cronulla players it will harm their chances of winning the premi..........oh. Nothing.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Asada moves any slower half of those players will be retired anyway...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol somewhere man head Wilson's old dried up Creek bed vagina just got moist. If something was going to happen it would of already happened

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
But seriously, this "investigation" has gone on for far too long.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like it could take even longer again before the punishments are handed down.

Show cause notices, effectively a "give us a good reason why we shouldn't punish you".

Absolute farce. If you have enough reason to issue a notice, issue a suspension immediately instead. Let the player appeal the suspension if they have a leg to stand on.

But due to the show cause notices, this will be delayed and challenged as much as possible, but don't be suprised if there are some "SUPRISE" retirements from the NRL before the suspensions kick in.

Supposidely 17 players from Cronulla to get notices.

Rothfield just died a little more inside.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
What most people forget is that this is a government exercise.

Think Centrelink, Immigration, Police, Tax Department, Bureau of Statistics, etc, etc ... anytime a review/investigation occurs (for whatever reason, big or small) it must go through a 'process'. Govt depts DO NOT work by anyone's timetable but their own. Considering ASADA are required to interview and cross-reference statements from hundreds of people (some willing, others not so much, which delays the process further), it's no surprise to me this is taking a long time. That being said ... it is the longest investigation I can think of.

At the best of times, the public service in my experience works slowly-but-surely. We're talking 10-20 people, some FT, some PT, operating in an environment where turnover of staff has been an issue (remember the CEO retired), combined with budgeting restrictions (ie: cutbacks to funding impact staff hours), have all caused this to go on for as long as it has.

Is it necessary ? YES.
Will we get a complete report at the end of it ? YES.

But if some manager has had 4 weeks of annual leave booked in for 6 months, and it coincides with a report nearing completion that needs to be signed off on, I highly doubt the manager in question will cancel their arrangements just to suit the NRL and the sports media.

If they did, it creates the scenario where someone/some business/some other body might complain that NRL got preferential treatment in the completion of their investigation.

So ... with that in mind, ASADA will continue to work at their own pace, with 100% impartiality, uninfluenced by media commentary. The NRL are happy to wait until it's all complete before they do anything. But it's the sports media who bleat 'incompetence' and in reality have no idea (or understanding of, or sympathy for, or logic toward) how govt depts work.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What most people forget is that this is a government exercise.

Think Centrelink, Immigration, Police, Tax Department, Bureau of Statistics, etc, etc ... anytime a review/investigation occurs (for whatever reason, big or small) it must go through a 'process'. Govt depts DO NOT work by anyone's timetable but their own. Considering ASADA are required to interview and cross-reference statements from hundreds of people (some willing, others not so much, which delays the process further), it's no surprise to me this is taking a long time. That being said ... it is the longest investigation I can think of.

At the best of times, the public service in my experience works slowly-but-surely. We're talking 10-20 people, some FT, some PT, operating in an environment where turnover of staff has been an issue (remember the CEO retired), combined with budgeting restrictions (ie: cutbacks to funding impact staff hours), have all caused this to go on for as long as it has.

Is it necessary ? YES.
Will we get a complete report at the end of it ? YES.

But if some manager has had 4 weeks of annual leave booked in for 6 months, and it coincides with a report nearing completion that needs to be signed off on, I highly doubt the manager in question will cancel their arrangements just to suit the NRL and the sports media.

If they did, it creates the scenario where someone/some business/some other body might complain that NRL got preferential treatment in the completion of their investigation.

So ... with that in mind, ASADA will continue to work at their own pace, with 100% impartiality, uninfluenced by media commentary. The NRL are happy to wait until it's all complete before they do anything. But it's the sports media who bleat 'incompetence' and in reality have no idea (or understanding of, or sympathy for, or logic toward) how govt depts work.
I have seen it and I cant believe it.

I worked up at Blue Mountains City Council many years ago basically as a consultant.

Within the capital works sector they would set out which construction jobs would need to be completed & why. It would go to a council meeting for a yay or nay.

A third party would be tendered out to establish a budget based on the design. Council would then check if they had the money. If they didn't have the money then they would try to find some or change the design to suit. They would then consult various other departments for final design & clearance. Once complete they would ask builders to tender the works.

This process could take years. By the time builders give their tenders & its well over the they go through the whole process again.

I have also seen a pissy $300k project go for 7 years before it was completed. What a joke!

I really see it as a terrible system. The BER for schools was an much much bigger joke.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have seen it and I cant believe it.

I worked up at Blue Mountains City Council many years ago basically as a consultant.

Within the capital works sector they would set out which construction jobs would need to be completed & why. It would go to a council meeting for a yay or nay.

A third party would be tendered out to establish a budget based on the design. Council would then check if they had the money. If they didn't have the money then they would try to find some or change the design to suit. They would then consult various other departments for final design & clearance. Once complete they would ask builders to tender the works.

This process could take years. By the time builders give their tenders & its well over the they go through the whole process again.

I have also seen a pissy $300k project go for 7 years before it was completed. What a joke!

I really see it as a terrible system. The BER for schools was an much much bigger joke.
I don't get the whole thing as to why the council take for ever with construction projects and the whole reviewing shit aswell

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get the whole thing as to why the council take for ever with construction projects and the whole reviewing shit aswell
That above is mostly in planning & thats where they blow a huge amount of money.

You would be shocked at how much money Asada has blown so far in this investigation & really what has happened so far? Sweet **** all!

I wish I knew what the figure was.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As someone who deals with ASIC and the ATO on a regular basis I concur that government bodies work to their own timetable and rules.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So what was it ... 17 players from Cronullas 2011 side supposidely isn't it?

Do we have any ex Cronulla players from that era?

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what was it ... 17 players from Cronullas 2011 side supposidely isn't it?

Do we have any ex Cronulla players from that era?
I dont think so. I dont think we have recruited any players from the sharks recently.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in what exactly flano got stood down for.and why didn't players go down with him then.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in what exactly flano got stood down for.and why didn't players go down with him then.
The players are set to be stood down within the next week or two. Flano got stood down as he was aware of the supplements program which was implemented at the time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The players are set to be stood down within the next week or two. Flano got stood down as he was aware of the supplements program which was implemented at the time.
Thanks mate. It just don't make sense to me with this whole process.to come out with that out ridiculous statement saying it's the darkest day in sporting history, well over a year ago and still nothing major is a worry.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks mate. It just don't make sense to me with this whole process.to come out with that out ridiculous statement saying it's the darkest day in sporting history, well over a year ago and still nothing major is a worry.
What does the nrl do well these days? Nothing they do makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.