Official Arthur Laundy is a vital cog in the Bulldogs' wheel

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good businessman do their business behind closed doors. They don’t go giving interviews or making public statements that haven’t been vetted by a PR department. Laundy is a poor man’s version of politis. Politis owns half of Sydney with his hand in businesses in the other half. Any major sponsor (Laundy included) should always be courted by a club. We do need them but this bloke needs to keep his mouth shut and opinions out of the media unless it benefits our club. That’s how it works. You don’t see uncle Nick making comments about players or anything of the sort. He just gets it done.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said, guys.... if Gus and the board didn't think he offered value, he wouldn't be in the club's plans going forward... and even if you don't believe he played a role in recruiting Gus, you'd have to be naive to assume a man with Laundy's business contacts wouldn't be very useful in sourcing third party deals for the club. He offers a lot of value to the club, and it goes beyond the money he is pumping in directly.

And PE Teach....nah, bro.... you were wrong about Elliott. Face the facts, bro
I reckon be can offer value, I just don't think his heart is in it. If it is, Burton stays, TPJ stays and anyone we want to keep stays and anyone we want to recruit we get

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Laundy was right about Elliott!

We have & will continue to let go of plenty of deadwood. Elliott is the one we will regret the most but it still makes it the right decision.
Regret...fck that idiot. There were at least two holes in my wall that that idiot is directly responsible for when he was playing with us

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep the whole Burton family is suddenly employed by the Laundy hotel business all earning $100k, grandma and grandpa Burton etc Its all legal, as long as they pay their taxes which the Laundy business will withold PAYG then NRL cant do anything about it. As long as Matt knows and he’s happy then nudge nudge wink wink.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good businessman do their business behind closed doors. They don’t go giving interviews or making public statements that haven’t been vetted by a PR department. Laundy is a poor man’s version of politis. Politis owns half of Sydney with his hand in businesses in the other half. Any major sponsor (Laundy included) should always be courted by a club. We do need them but this bloke needs to keep his mouth shut and opinions out of the media unless it benefits our club. That’s how it works. You don’t see uncle Nick making comments about players or anything of the sort. He just gets it done.
Laundy owns the country’s biggest pub empire. Don’t think he needs advice on how to do good business.

Why would politis make public comments disagreeing with club decisions when he’s the one who makes them all?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No other clubs sponsor in a year gets the same amount of articles written about them like Laundy does in a week urgh
No other sponsor does as much for their club, either. Unless Politis is somehow still sponsoring his own club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I reckon be can offer value, I just don't think his heart is in it. If it is, Burton stays, TPJ stays and anyone we want to keep stays and anyone we want to recruit we get
He seems to get pretty closely involved with players and club employees for somebody who is just going through the motions.

I don’t think he’d be doing it if his heart wasn’t in it…. Or more specifically, if the heart of his son and the heir to his empire’s heart wasn’t in it.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other sponsor does as much for their club, either. Unless Politis is somehow still sponsoring his own club.
Politis doesn’t need to sponsor his own club. His businesses, associates and arms length arrangements outweigh anything Laundy and his 30 pubs can put on the table

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laundy owns the country’s biggest pub empire. Don’t think he needs advice on how to do good business.

Why would politis make public comments disagreeing with club decisions when he’s the one who makes them all?
Owning 30 pubs doesn’t make you a football tycoon, it makes you good at running pubs. My point is nothing gets out from the roosters into the media. Laundy on the other hand opens his mouth whenever he feels the need to voice his opinion

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Owning 30 pubs doesn’t make you a football tycoon, it makes you good at running pubs. My point is nothing gets out from the roosters into the media. Laundy on the other hand opens his mouth whenever he feels the need to voice his opinion
Hes someone who loves the attention, that's why I'm betting Gus allowed this puff piece from hooper.

Honestly the only time I've seen politis want to appear publicly is when he sat next to Trent Robinson in criticising Ben cummins

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What damage has he done by does king out to the media a few times? None, zip, nada!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Gus gently reminded Arty that he doesn't tell him how to run his pubs, which he's free to go and concentrate on and give Trent a job too.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why fuck does this douche get so much attention. I couldn't give 2 shits about Laundy or his fucking feelings. We're the biggest club in Sydney and we're on the way up. Surely we can do better

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Politis doesn’t need to sponsor his own club. His businesses, associates and arms length arrangements outweigh anything Laundy and his 30 pubs can put on the table
Politis has been running a club for 30 years. Laundy has already attracted Gus and Burton to the club during his very short association. Certainly not a bad start.

The bloke is loaded and very influential in the business world. He’s also a great mentor to young players (just ask Elliott). Why would people not want someone like that associated with the club? I think you’re all quite mad.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe Gus gently reminded Arty that he doesn't tell him how to run his pubs, which he's free to go and concentrate on and give Trent a job too.
Lol I don’t think so. If Laundy wasn’t happy, Gus wasn’t going to get him to agree to extend by making him less happy. Can’t get my head around the logic of some of these arguments.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why fuck does this douche get so much attention. I couldn't give 2 shits about Laundy or his fucking feelings. We're the biggest club in Sydney and we're on the way up. Surely we can do better
Apparently Gus and the board beg to differ. But hey, I’m sure the resident experts on the kennel know better.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I don’t think so. If Laundy wasn’t happy, Gus wasn’t going to get him to agree to extend by making him less happy. Can’t get my head around the logic of some of these arguments.
Just get another sponsor.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hes someone who loves the attention, that's why I'm betting Gus allowed this puff piece from hooper.

Honestly the only time I've seen politis want to appear publicly is when he sat next to Trent Robinson in criticising Ben cummins
You’ve got to be kidding. Politis is the most prominent and well known corporate figure in the game. If I had a buck gif every media quote he’s given, I’d probably be as rich as him. The only difference is he doesn’t need to speak out about club decisions, because he makes them. Heard/ seen him speak out about refereeing and administrative matters on many occasions.

In any case, Laundy isn’t Nick Politis. That doesn’t mean he can’t be valuable.