Official Arthur Laundy is a vital cog in the Bulldogs' wheel

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The more likely scenario is that Gus knows that everyone in the footy world knows he runs the football department and hates the media and publicity, so he just said let Laundy the cry baby have the publicity and think he's a big deal. We'll do what we want behind the scenes
He made that decision before he was even at the club, because by all accounts, Laundy played a major role in convincing Gus to take on the job, too.

You can't buy the type of corporate connections Laundy brings, bro. And the fact he's willing to actually pay to provide them is some kind of deal sweetener. That's why Gus and the board see his support as so important and are willing to make him happy. It doesn't mean they will make compromises for him that shouldn't be made (and they haven't). If they just keep him a bit more in the loop when it comes to future decisions, there won't be an issue.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He made that decision before he was even at the club, because by all accounts, Laundy played a major role in convincing Gus to take on the job, too.

You can't buy the type of corporate connections Laundy brings, bro. And the fact he's willing to actually pay to provide them is some kind of deal sweetener. That's why Gus and the board see his support as so important and are willing to make him happy. It doesn't mean they will make compromises for him that shouldn't be made (and they haven't). If they just keep him a bit more in the loop when it comes to future decisions, there won't be an issue.
Nope, he was given a dummy to suck on publicly to placate him, nothing more

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope, he was given a dummy to suck on publicly to placate him, nothing more
If Gus and the board thought he was more trouble then he was worth, as many of you seem to, why would any attempt be made to placate him?

Face it, bro. You're wrong on this one. Just like you were wrong about Elliott.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gus and the board thought he was more trouble then he was worth, as many of you seem to, why would any attempt be made to placate him?

Face it, bro. You're wrong on this one. Just like you were wrong about Elliott.
1. I was/am 1000000000000% right on elliot
2. We just want his money, they've obviously deemed that he is doey enough to trick and keep happy. So it's less trouble than seeking a new sponsorship

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fck Hooper and Fck Laundy and media puff pieces that he leaks to his friends. Hopper doesn't know shit about the dogs. I think Laundys involvement in anything is overstated.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1. I was/am 1000000000000% right on elliot
2. We just want his money, they've obviously deemed that he is doey enough to trick and keep happy. So it's less trouble than seeking a new sponsorship
Fck Hooper and Fck Laundy and media puff pieces that he leaks to his friends. Hopper doesn't know shit about the dogs. I think Laundys involvement in anything is overstated.
Like I said, guys.... if Gus and the board didn't think he offered value, he wouldn't be in the club's plans going forward... and even if you don't believe he played a role in recruiting Gus, you'd have to be naive to assume a man with Laundy's business contacts wouldn't be very useful in sourcing third party deals for the club. He offers a lot of value to the club, and it goes beyond the money he is pumping in directly.

And PE Teach....nah, bro.... you were wrong about Elliott. Face the facts, bro

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Goes both ways he was pretty vocal when Barrett was outed... Seems to me like we have improved immediately... Run the pubs not our football club...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Goes both ways he was pretty vocal when Barrett was outed... Seems to me like we have improved immediately... Run the pubs not our football club...
Because he is a loyal person and the club didn't notify him of what was going to happen. If he is helping yto secure third party deals and helping to bring talent like Gus and Burton to the club, it's well worth the effort of informing him of key decisions like that and explaining the reasoning before the fact. He is not opposing the decision now he has received an explanation.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he is a loyal person and the club didn't notify him of what was going to happen. If he is helping yto secure third party deals and helping to bring talent like Gus and Burton to the club, it's well worth the effort of informing him of key decisions like that and explaining the reasoning before the fact. He is not opposing the decision now he has received an explanation.
They did notify him.

It was via carrier pigeon though because that’s his preferred form of communication.

Baz overcoached the pigeon and he got lost. Too many set plays

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Laundy was right about Elliott!

We have & will continue to let go of plenty of deadwood. Elliott is the one we will regret the most but it still makes it the right decision.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do see your point and they are valid he could be a big deal at the dogs... He was too vocal in the media about the Barrett drama.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The more likely scenario is that Gus knows that everyone in the footy world knows he runs the football department and hates the media and publicity, so he just said let Laundy the cry baby have the publicity and think he's a big deal. We'll do what we want behind the scenes
Arthur might have a cry, but I think the guy in the Bulldogs jersey is his son Craig, the ex politician probably runs the show and he is a big Bulldogs fan.
Maybe he just lets Dad have a whinge and pats him on the head and says leave it to me.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the time for laundy to step up and show he is a powerful man with all his cash! Uncle Nick will be gunning for burton no doubt after the roosters tap keary on the shoulder

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I do see your point and they are valid he could be a big deal at the dogs... He was too vocal in the media about the Barrett drama.
Agreed... but that doesn't mean he isn't a valuable asset.... and the whole thing playing out in the media could have been avoided had he been informed of the decision. In any case, I'm sure both parties have discussed the situation and worked out an agreement that will suit both should anything similar happen in the future.