News Arthur Laundy demands answers on Trent Barrett

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously someone at the bulldogs deems it not necessary to keep him informed.
Although he has no say in the running of the club, as a principal sponsor he has a right to a full explanation. It's his brand on the jerseys.

Nonetheless, if he had a really nice guy running one of his hotels, and it had been bleeding money for 29 out of 34 months, I think he might not be surprised if the guy offered to quit.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
shouldn't he walk over to Barrett's home then?

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can this club please find a normal sponsor. I don’t like to speak of the dead but the guy from Jaycar, then it was going to be Mr Rashays now this bloke. Have those conversations behind closed doors Arthur, not to the media.
This.

Our recent sponsors have been such muppets. The other day we signed a Crypto company.

Arthur Laundy isn't the cleanest bloke around, neither is his son. And last time I checked, sponsoring a club doesn't entitle you to being involved in recruitment or football related decisions.

5 wins, 29 losses. If there's anything positive about that, surely it's that the dopey twat had Laundy Hotels regularly associated with below-par mediocrity.

bluewhitepride

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is infuriating.

If you have a vested interest in the club, why would you spill your guts out to the people that are hell bent on tarnishing it in the first place?

Take your sponsorship and fuck off. You've overstepped your mark since you started here. You got a bargain basement sponsorship. Enjoy your logo on TV and shut up.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FKN lol..Some of you blokes are seriously fragile. The bloke has amassed a near $B fortune and he has used it to help entice a few players our way.

He is simply showing public support for Barrett just like he did for Pay, and that is just duty of care stuff.

He likes the media lime light but what does he actually say? Has he demanded this one or that one should be in the team?? I am still to hear anyone at board level or senior management complain about him..

He got us at a discount rate, good luck to him but if he is still around when we are kicking arse he will pay a premium. But to suggest he is getting value out of being associated with us the last 2 years…:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FKN lol..Some of you blokes are seriously fragile. The bloke has amassed a near $B fortune and he has used it to help entice a few players our way.

He is simply showing public support for Barrett just like he did for Pay, and that is just duty of care stuff.

He likes the media lime light but what does he actually say? Has he demanded this one or that one should be in the team?? I am still to hear anyone at board level or senior management complain about him..

He got us at a discount rate, good luck to him but if he is still around when we are kicking arse he will pay a premium. But to suggest he is getting value out of being associated with us the last 2 years…:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
But why do it in the media Baz?? It just gives fuel to the cahunts on 360 etc

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose this opens the door to return to our glory days and bring this back -

Or This

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Laundy can fuck off as well, this guy has been nothing but a shit stain trouble maker.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're not relevant Arthur, you pay money so your brand is blazoned across our jerseys, that is where your involvement stops. you dont have a say in football operations irrespective of how much money you've paid for sponsorships and nobody has asked for your input. has it occured to you that the negotiations havent begun because the club is sick of you crying to the media? you're a sponsor, that is all.
Well said. People with money and clout seem to think that give them extra privileges.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Love our chap’s involvement but maybe he didn’t see our last couple of games. If we had beaten raiders and knights we wouldn’t be in this position. Trent’s a great dude and proven top flight assistant, he’s just not a head coach for these gen z primadonnas. He also deserved better from his fake support staff that he hand picked. If I was Trent I would be feeling let down by them and the wanker roster that didn’t stand up for him. We have alot of work to do with a new coach.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was a true canterbury fan he wouldnt use his sponsorship deal as a loaded gun. PR trumpetted this clown as a saviour for us but all he has done is interfere by putting mates into roles. Lets see Arthur....perhaps 5 wins in 34 games was acceptable to you but I prefer to be a premiership contender than a back to back wooden spoon holder.