Are you looking forward to another Perrett/Lafai combo next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I put most of it on Lafai. As others have said, Perrett hasn't been terrible. He's not going to run down RTS, strip the ball and score a solo try, but he's solid. 6 times every game he'll have to contend with 3 on 1 near the try line due to his inside men (especially Lafai) going missing. 4-5 of those times he'll stop the 3 players from scoring on top of him. I honestly think if you put any other winger alongside Lafai this season (with exception of BMoz) we would have leaked a lot more points.
Perett was maybe solid in 2010 but he now is consistently making errors. Half the time when he jumps up for the ball he has no idea where the ball is at in the air.

Both Lafai and perett need to be moved on

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope chase Stanley is on the right wing . Much better in many facets . He is a pure winger
I totally agree. Stanley seems to read the play well and if he can stay unbroken he would be a true asset to the team. Perrett gets caught out of position mainly due to his inside man Lafai being indecisive or confused or too slow. The 2014 version of Lafai was gun player. This season he was a weakness and a liability both in attack and defence.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
these 2 won't last together next season, because they won't get a start together

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know how im gonna sit through another season watching them again, just the thought of them playing together again on the right and knowing what we're gonna get makes me not excited about next year.
Knowing that they'e going to be together again is like waiting for an attack of diarrhea on a crowded train.

I have never seen a player go downhill in one season as much as Lafai has. From a potential rep player to an absolute passenger. I absolutely think he made Perrett look worse than he is too.

I like to hope it was just due to his injury so hopefully he is back to his best after a full off season.

As far as Perrett goes, I really don't think we have another option sadly. You could say Phillips or someone like that but I don't think it would be a big difference. If only we could clone Rona...

What we really need is a proper full back and Rona and Morris on the wings. Bmoz just does not understand how to play fullback (or our team doesn't know how to involve him).
Likewise, I've never seen a Bulldog player have such a dramatic form slump. The truth is that Josh Morris has never come back from his 2014 knee injuries and Tim Lafai is a lost soul.

As for Sam Perrett, we see him do some good things and then make errors. As well as having no pace Sam just isn't up to first grade standard any more... age has taken another victim. TBH if we don't buy a good big winger I'd like to see Tyrone Phillips or Jarred McInally given a shot in the 2016 trials. They've both got plenty of pace and they're not small. They both came here with pretty good wraps as players... but so did Corey Thompson.:grinning:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting fact is that the rorters back 3 last game ran for 525+ metres whilst our "superstars" ran for a miserly 250 metres. Now keep telling me perret is solid and fg worthy

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting fact is that the rorters back 3 last game ran for 525+ metres whilst our "superstars" ran for a miserly 250 metres. Now keep telling me perret is solid and fg worthy
But but josh morris... Brett morris....

Fkn plodders

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafai is not first grade material. Slow and ponderous should be moved on. Perrett is OK most games but is not a match winner.
I also would like to see McInally and Phillips tried in the trial. Not much point in having good players in reserves and poor players in the top grade.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moz is fine at fullback.

But Lafai has been very disappointing this year.

I reckon though that a lot boils down to a complete lack of direction in the halves.
i dont know if its just me but lafai started playing abit better at the end of the year, he started running through gaps instead of running sideways, maybe he got over the injury to his legs but for me he was getting better by the end of the season

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lafai is not first grade material. Slow and ponderous should be moved on. Perrett is OK most games but is not a match winner.
I also would like to see McInally and Phillips tried in the trial. Not much point in having good players in reserves and poor players in the top grade.
he wasnt like that all the time, the year before he was the best centre hands down, watch he'll be better next year

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their back 3 destroyed us out of dummy half

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
i dont know if its just me but lafai started playing abit better at the end of the year, he started running through gaps instead of running sideways, maybe he got over the injury to his legs but for me he was getting better by the end of the season
Its just you

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont understyand the Perrett bashing. Hes a great finisher and always puts in 110%. Our second highest try scorer this year to Rona. Lets the odd try in, but so does every winger in the NRL, go check some stats.

Lafai on the other hand completely underwhelmed me in 2015. He did nothing at all this year. I think him bulking up to reduce his previous high injury risk, has slowed him down and made him ineffective. Maybe he can bulk up a little more and become a forward lol. Who knows.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lafai played 1 shit year, he still deserves a chance to prove himself next year

Status
Not open for further replies.