Opinion Are we potentially having a play at Cam Smith?

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We know he is definitely leaving the Storm, and has indicated at this stage he wants to play on. At no point has he said his options are only in Brisbane. Well aware we need a number 9, why wouldn’t we explore this possibility, however small the chance for 1 year, while we are cashed up, until the likes of Grant & B Smith are on the market in 2022..we did the same with Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde at the backend of their careers...just putting it out there.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what Cameron Smith wants to do after his playing career... if he wanted to get into media, then basing himself in Sydney makes sense... however, he has a testy relationship with Channel 9

if he wants to get involved with a club in some sort of coaching role or with the Maroons team, then I think he will end up in Brisbane with Bellamy

or maybe he will just settle in on a picturesque spot on the Gold Coast and enjoy retirement

would be a good pick up for the club, especially with young players in the spine but I just don't see Smith doing that

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know he is definitely leaving the Storm, and has indicated at this stage he wants to play on. At no point has he said his options are only in Brisbane. Well aware we need a number 9, why wouldn’t we explore this possibility, however small the chance for 1 year, while we are cashed up, until the likes of Grant & B Smith are on the market in 2022..we did the same with Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde at the backend of their careers...just putting it out there.
He won't play against Bellamy

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
please enough being silly he can fuck off any way

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no chance!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that there a few reasons behind whats going on with C.Smith.

1. He hasn't announced that he is playing on as he wants to bump up sales on his book which I believe is his story "So Far".
2. The club he is going to cant announce his signing yet as they are clearing the decks in an effort to make cap space for him.
3. It seems that Broncos are the only ones trying hard to clear around a million bucks of cap space - Ofaengoui & Lodge, not finalised yet.

I think he will be a Bronco in 2021.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is retiring! Heard it here “first”

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who else would have the cash only us and the Titans

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you're right

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has probably lost more games against us than any other team so he can get fukd... We don't need him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Tell him he's dreaming"
He's booked his kids in at school on the gc and bought a house.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the bag at the titans which should be good if we want B smith.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol Cam Smith at the Dogs. Chalk and cheese. Would never happen.