Rumour Are we getting Paulo ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The slimeys can keep him, they kept the wrong player anyway and should have kept Papalii
imo

Gutherson -> Mahoney -> Paulo -> Papali'i -> RCG -> Niukore
in regards to retention priority.

They've kept 1, 3 and 5.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eels to give Paulo the Cotric/DWZ/Graham/Mbye/Woods/Klemmer treatment end of next season and we sign him for 23

theres still a chance, people.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dont rate Gutherson at all as a player or as a bloke.
I rate Gutho as a player (top 6 fullback) and I think he has good leadership skills and he's their captain. He's good for Eels imo. They couldn't afford to lose him and for all of those reasons he's #1 for me for their retention priority. Mahoney right behind him.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha cue the I didn’t want paulo responses.
For me it wasn’t a case of I didn’t want Paulo, it was more like this:

1. We get Paulo on a reasonable contract
2. Parra pay overs to keep him and screw their own cap

Either option was a win for us in my opinion

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me it wasn’t a case of I didn’t want Paulo, it was more like this:

1. We get Paulo on a reasonable contract
2. Parra pay overs to keep him and screw their own cap

Either option was a win for us in my opinion
He would have been nice but I’m happy with Vaughan and Thompson as starting props. Maybe Gus had other plans might be looking for a big name FB or half.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I rate Gutho as a player (top 6 fullback) and I think he has good leadership skills and he's their captain. He's good for Eels imo. They couldn't afford to lose him and for all of those reasons he's #1 for me for their retention priority. Mahoney right behind him.
Gutherson is a dickhead......

The three best players Parra have currently lost are because of him....Thanks for Mahoney, Gutho

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The slimeys can keep him, they kept the wrong player anyway and should have kept Papalii
Exactly..no harm done here at all I wasn't on board especially with the cost differential and us turfing another player..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would have been nice but I’m happy with Vaughan and Thompson as starting props. Maybe Gus had other plans might be looking for a big name FB or half.
Seems that's the plan now. Gus wants to increase our spend on the spine. It really wouldn't surprise me if we go after Ponga or Mitchell. No 7's worth chasing.

We probably would have had Paulo if the Eels hadn't increased their offer to 4 years. I can understand why we wouldn't do the same.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems that's the plan. Gus wants to increase our spend on the spine. It really wouldn't surprise me if we go after Ponga or Mitchell. No 7's worth chasing
Well, putting it out there early if your remotely near the mark BT, Ponga imo is soft a fairweather player who when the going gets tough goes MIA? And Mitchell well i hate that prick with great passion..enough to not want him? not sure maybe not lol..but is he a Fb or centre is the other question mark ...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fullback is a must after dufty’s done. Except their is basically no good ones off contract 22 but 23 is solid. Might have to re-sign dufty for one more year then go hard for laurie, latrell, cobbo, drinkwater, kennedy, munster. Half is hopefully covered for a while now with promising juniors and the 4 already in the top 30 coming through to play the 7.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems that's the plan now. Gus wants to increase our spend on the spine. It really wouldn't surprise me if we go after Ponga or Mitchell. No 7's worth chasing.

We probably would have had Paulo if the Eels hadn't increased their offer to 4 years. I can understand why we wouldn't do the same.
Ponga isn’t coming, and we can’t afford a further $1M in our cap to bring him here, assuming he’d want to come anyway. But hey, dream big.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Mate ponga won’t ever happen.

Mitchell maybe. With Jac and Gould possibly a chance maybe if we wanna build around him and the few others on books for 24?!

Though who knows if he would ever leave Bunnies.

Wouldn’t say no. Him and Jac with burton and some others locked in like Mahoney kikau tpj and kids coming would be nice to watch.

Still not remotely confident of that. Though could maybe see it somehow.

Only cause he’s spine and the love he would have from Gould and Jac etc.

Doubt it happens though.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate ponga won’t ever happen.

Mitchell maybe. With Jac and Gould possibly a chance maybe if we wanna build around him and the few others on books for 24?!

Though who knows if he would ever leave Bunnies.

Wouldn’t say no. Him and Jac with burton and some others locked in like Mahoney kikau tpj and kids coming would be nice to watch.

Still not confident of that lol.
I am staggered that the Pilchards have not handed the keys to the vault to Ponga yet...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am staggered that the Pilchards have not handed the keys to the vault to Ponga yet...
Yeh strange(like the guy himself, seems like a weird ****)Would fatboyslim ever want to move north and play under benny again?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant see Latrell leaving Bunnies, to come here seems to be in the cattle business with Uncle Russ

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

There were rumours we were chasing him hard and he was close to signing with us. Guess we can use that money towards a cheaper alternative (Vaughan) and strengthen our spine. Ponga would be a pipe dream haha

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, putting it out there early if your remotely near the mark BT, Ponga imo is soft a fairweather player who when the going gets tough goes MIA
I thought I was the only person who thinks Ponga lacks the drive that makes physically talented players into superstars.

Always a Bulldog