Rumour Are we getting Paulo ?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i agree, it is going to be a juggling act. i think jacko can play right edge, although not the best option attacking wise, but he needs to play less minutes and be kept fresh if he is going to play there. Other option is one of TPJ, Vaughn and Thommo comes from the bench. Me personally would have Jacko on the bench in a rotation with the middles, RFM and Hetherington as the edges.
That’s what I’d do also with Jacko but just seems unlikely he’ll start from the bench being captain. Wether he is middle or edge I agree he has to play less minutes and we’ll get more out of him that way.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Paulo wants to shift from his family network in Sydney - I dare say the Raiders stint would have given him that insight so I’m counting the Dolphins out leaving Parra and Dogs to scrap for him… I’m speculating that we are looking to get the right deal from the Storm for Thompson to make a play for Paulo. I don’t think Parra could match our offer with Moses, Gutho, Brown, RCG and Matterson all on decent coin.
Totally agree but I think we could be negotiating with others also for Thompson (ie Tigers, possibly even the Dolphins, Dragons) We'd be playing hard ball for a while at least to get the best price for both Cotric and Thompson. Ricky Stuart said the other day he wants Hodgson to win a comp with them in 2022 so can't see him leaving early so can't see us getting Mahoney early. Can't see the Panthers giving us Kikau early either. They want to defend their title and aren't desperate for cap space for 2022 from anything I've read

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree but I think we could be negotiating with others also for Thompson (ie Tigers, possibly even the Dolphins, Dragons) We'd be playing hard ball for a while at least to get the best price for both Cotric and Thompson. Ricky Stuart said the other day he wants Hodgson to win a comp with them in 2022 so can't see him leaving early so can't see us getting Mahoney early. Can't see the Panthers giving us Kikau early either. They want to defend their title and aren't desperate for cap space for 2022 from anything I've read
Didn’t see that about Ricky and Hodgson. Figured there was bad blood there and I can’t imagine eels want him At 35 seriously. That one made the most since.

Though as someone else said maybe the kikau photo makes more sense this way?

Malla

Reaction score
Surely Thompson will be announced as an exit in the new year and Paulo will be announced shortly after

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 35623

Think we can rule out Paulo now, she’s usually on the ball..
If we don't sign Paulo we must have a bigger fish to fry and possibly planned all along. After we got Kikau on the quiet no signing would surprise me (ie: Ponga, even Cheese - Mahoney to play 7 LOL)

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Put a line through this. Re-signed with Parra.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was never happening. And as soon as Parra lost Mahoney, Papali'i etc re-signing Paulo was even more likely.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
4 years at his age and size is a contract I’m glad we aren’t apart of. Especially when he would be on 700k+

He’s a great prop though just his build is literally going to be a issue at some stage for him.

Anyway not upset there as I think Thompson has not been given a fair go. Only issue with him is his suspension history. That needs to be cleaned up.

It’s not all his fault some of it is bullshit stigma and just rubbish but whatever.

Anyway let’s hope the cotric money was planned for something for 22 like Mahoney or kikau early as both of them are quality signings and both I’d take over Paulo (I think kikau is more needed for our pack)

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Parra on tilt and just overpaid for Paulo. Good result. We should keep Thompson he suits the new rule changes with his agility and speed. We could have a much more mobile pack and run teams around the park

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eels retirement home includes: gutho, moses, hodgson, rein, scott, paulo, and they will still say their premiership window is open :grimacing::tearsofjoy:. Paulo resigned till he is 33 on big money, love to see it.