Are we defintely playing Rabbits on Friday?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read that there are stay at home orders for those who have returned from Brisbane since March 20? If that means isolating for14 days would that not mean we can't field an NRL team on Friday? Our players would have come back around the 27th/28th I'd guess. Or are the teams still in bubbles? It's about half way down the article.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say the NRL would have to get an exemption for the Bulldogs. I'm sure Peter V'landys will secure that.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have exceptions nothing to worry about

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's cancel the game and just call it a draw. Should probably do the same for Melbourne next week too.
You know, for the safety of the players, to ensure the comp continues etc etc

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Bulldogs forced back into COVID bubble after playing game in Brisbane last weekend
Bulldogs players have been placed back into the tough COVID restrictions which were in play for the entire competition last year in the wake of their match against the Broncos.

Following a COVID outbreak in Queensland, the Brisbane Broncos have been forced to charter a private flight to Sydney in order to avoid lockdown.

Canterbury players and staff have been forced back into a bubble following the COVID outbreak in Brisbane.

The Bulldogs played the Broncos last Saturday and as a result have been placed back into the tough restrictions which were in play for the entire competition last year.

That means players and staff are only able to train and return home. They can leave their house for essential items only but have been told they must wear a mask. Eating at restaurants is also banned.

All 16 clubs were told they must return to level two restrictions after 5pm on Tuesday.

Bulldogs boss Aaron Warburton confirmed the strict measures.

“It’s not affecting the lead-up to Friday for us,” Warburton said.

“It’s business as normal. We will just adhere to the NSW health guideline and nothing has changed for us.”

Canterbury players will need to undergo a COVID test after captain’s run on Thursday. They have a training free day on Tuesday.

Following the outbreak in Brisbane last week, the Bulldogs players were told they could only leave their hotel for the match.

They lost 24-0.

The NRL is expected to make a decision on Tuesday regarding a host of matches which could be impacted by COVID this weekend.

Already Brisbane have relocated to Sydney ahead of their match against Melbourne. That game could be shifted to Sydney while the Sharks are meant to travel to the Sunshine Coast on Saturday to play the Cowboys.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like there’s much chance of the game being called off unfortunately if they are already back in the bubble.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like there’s much chance of the game being called off unfortunately if they are already back in the bubble.
Warburton saying this week that’s it’s “Business as normal”.

I would have thought that after the steaming pile of shit we dished up last week that “business as normal” ain’t really working for us

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just read that there are stay at home orders for those who have returned from Brisbane since March 20? If that means isolating for14 days would that not mean we can't field an NRL team on Friday? Our players would have come back around the 27th/28th I'd guess. Or are the teams still in bubbles? It's about half way down the article.

The boys were put in a bubble when they got there. Should be fine. Or were you looking for a non event so we could share the points.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly what the fans deserve.... A break!

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sense what everyone's saying and agree - it should be called a draw and both teams get a point each :D