No Source Are we actually going to address our biggest issue?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett wants to give Katoa a good crack at 9.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joey Lussick may be on Barrett's radar.

He will be 25 by the start of next season and over the last 2 years his Super League performances have been impressive.

He has shown he can steer Salford's point of attack as well as plenty of individual ability.

He is also a good defender.

Super League is obviously not the NRL, however as Canberra have shown there is talent available.

Only possible issue is he is good mates with Hastings!!
Thought he Signed with Parra recently?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really concerns me I still have not seen us linked ti any 9s, honestly our biggest issue, id even take Danny Levi who is leaving Manly at the end of the season at this rate, hes better than JMK. JMK has been there for years and we have always looked clueless at 9, we need to spend big money on that position as its arguably our biggest problem, we literally have the worst 9 in the league. If we dont improve in that area, we ll be near bottom for a while.
You do realise that both the 9s we should be interested in are still under contract??? Nov 1 ring any bells mate?

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it Bob Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious? That's a huge name......

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am close mates with Wak and he has told me he has been told that he will be a number 9 he will be our 9 next year I reckon if we don’t sign a 9 or possibly a 14

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm optimistic that the club is moving in the right direction, we might sign a 9, we might not.

Regardless I think we will have a lot to look forward to next season, and it will be interesting to see if and how our current crop of players play next year. I'm hoping to see a revitalized cohesive squad, with a new game plan and fitness to boot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am close mates with Wak and he has told me he has been told that he will be a number 9 he will be our 9 next year I reckon if we don’t sign a 9 or possibly a 14
Wtf is a Wak?!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It really concerns me I still have not seen us linked ti any 9s, honestly our biggest issue, id even take Danny Levi who is leaving Manly at the end of the season at this rate, hes better than JMK. JMK has been there for years and we have always looked clueless at 9, we need to spend big money on that position as its arguably our biggest problem, we literally have the worst 9 in the league. If we dont improve in that area, we ll be near bottom for a while.
I have been told that we will only spend our money on a genuine and classy number 9...
We are prepared to wait !!!

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Wakeham might go alright in the 9 TBH

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Wakeham might go alright in the 9 TBH
Yeah I do as well he is up to the challenge and I reckon if he could get his fitness up he would be a better 9 than someone like Mahoney. Has a good short kicking game, a good passing game he holds his own in defence if he works on his running game and fitness I reckon he will suprise a lot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha sorry bud “Wakeham”
Oh true. I heard similar earlier this month and Nasheed (lol) also mentioned it. I joked earlier that you just need to lock him in the gym all preseason and he can come out and play hooker lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its the fact we arent even being seriously mentioned to any
Legally we are not even allowed to talk to them regarding contracts, however it has been mentioned that Mr. Laundy has spoken with Grant, so who knows.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I do as well he is up to the challenge and I reckon if he could get his fitness up he would be a better 9 than someone like Mahoney. Has a good short kicking game, a good passing game he holds his own in defence if he works on his running game and fitness I reckon he will suprise a lot
Yeah if he can bulk up I reckon he'd be the goods. Be nice to have another kicking option out of dummy half for sure.