No Source Are we actually going to address our biggest issue?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Levi is dogshit, Peats is a larger dogshit, Mc Cullough is relaible but not a match winner. Friend, if we are talking about the roosters hooker, wouldnt come to s ahithole like us after his decorated career

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of 9s available.
Roache
Cotter
Brittian
Baptiste
Friend
Peats
Levi
Kenny
Granville
Mcculloch

Very little good ones though, personally id take a chance on any of the top 3 above.no chance of friend i hear tho

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is potentially an attacking weapon. The next stage for him is to show some leadership and talk more. Communicate with the halves especially when in attacking position. Tolman on the 4th is partly because JMK doesn’t tell him to get out of the way like an experienced 9 would. He does some great things but in the oppositions 20 he still plays like a rookie. Hopefully this is where Baz can take his game to another level. Assuming we don’t sign a 9.
A decent half could also overcall everything and let the forwards know it is "my ball" and get out of the way. Is it is not completely the fault of JMK. Lewis is at least as responsible.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey Lussick may be on Barrett's radar.

He will be 25 by the start of next season and over the last 2 years his Super League performances have been impressive.

He has shown he can steer Salford's point of attack as well as plenty of individual ability.

He is also a good defender.

Super League is obviously not the NRL, however as Canberra have shown there is talent available.

Only possible issue is he is good mates with Hastings!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A decent half could also overcall everything and let the forwards know it is "my ball" and get out of the way. Is it is not completely the fault of JMK. Lewis is at least as responsible.
Hey champion, thanks for reaching out... I mean this with all respect but reading detail is not a strong point on this forum. .. I used the word “partly” because I think there is a shared responsibility here like there is in any team sport. With good coaching these types of issues can be fixed. Hopefully that good coaching starts in Nov. cheers.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is potentially an attacking weapon. The next stage for him is to show some leadership and talk more. Communicate with the halves especially when in attacking position. Tolman on the 4th is partly because JMK doesn’t tell him to get out of the way like an experienced 9 would. He does some great things but in the oppositions 20 he still plays like a rookie. Hopefully this is where Baz can take his game to another level. Assuming we don’t sign a 9.
Agree, can see a lot of potential, under the right coach he can be anything... but definitely improved his game of late, and he’s quick off the mark, a little space will suit.!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My question is are nasheed and d holland the same person as when holland is throwing rumours around no nash and vice versa

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once Cam Smith finally tells everyone what he's doing then there could be a world class 9 available, either Smith or Grant.
Best to keep the cash for one of those two. If we miss there, then a depth signing at hooker would still be a good idea, Cotter has looked decent the last few weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unless there's ongoing negotiations with a contracted player then we've left it too late..I feel we'll probably end up with Kenny as Baz has been recruiting players he has previously/currently worked with. Surely we can't start the year with JMK again..

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how every kicks up a stink that we aren't signing big names in positions. 1st you can't honestly think we aren't trying to get big names. They have to be on the market and want to come. If we pay huge overs than we are back to the shit heap we come from. Signing players who are available and want to come isn't going to be easy. Hopefully after Nov1 we sign a player for 2022 that may get a release for next season.. Majority of the players in the squad now won't be here come 2023 2024. You can't change 15 players in 1 year it takes 3years. Baz would have a list he wants already. It may take 2 years. Remember we made a play for Turpin, Robson and Grant, we almost had Api if not for a last minute reneg.
Ive not said only big names, we just need better than what we have now

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Ive not said only big names, we just need better than what we have now
The prob is not many players are available that want to come here. we can't just buy for the sake of it. Next year with new coached n style may change our recruitment fortune

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Joey Lussick may be on Barrett's radar.

He will be 25 by the start of next season and over the last 2 years his Super League performances have been impressive.

He has shown he can steer Salford's point of attack as well as plenty of individual ability.

He is also a good defender.

Super League is obviously not the NRL, however as Canberra have shown there is talent available.

Only possible issue is he is good mates with Hastings!!
Interesting,
On that note, I followed the Warrington and helens Challenge cup match due to my multi I posted elsewhere In the gamboling thread.
So I got a good look at Daryl Clark.
He seemed fairly quiet and went about his work then randomly sprinted and sliced through the defence in his moment.
Was very cook-like and I can see why people make the comparison. Very good acceleration.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Levi is worse than Lichaa. We'd be better off sticking with JMK (I'd also say Levi is worse than JMK). We need a top hooker. If the Storm hookers go on the market we have to put in a massive offer to both of them.
I think with some tweaking he is not bad.not in the class of cook and others but he has potential.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He virtually has a 1 year deal option in his favour every year.

Definitely can see him being a 1 man club - but he is also in a similar boat to Smith in that he is holding the seat of player who is said to have massive potential (Verilis and Lussick).
Those are two I'd be targeting if I was you guys. Both are young, have loads of potential and have shown they can handle the middle and with Friend likely to stay for at least another year or two, they'd both be looking for a starting gig.