Rumour Are we 1999 Magpie level bad?

Are we as bad as the 1999 Magpies?

• Total voters

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
On our day we can beat at least 8 teams in the comp from here on in... definitely 6 we cant... which we’ve already played 3 of.

manly
Warriors
Tigers
Cronulla
Titans
St george
Cowboys
Knights

we can beat any of these teams on the day...the tough start we’ve had will pay dividends at the back end of the year for sure

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bigger interchanges back then meant the big boys kept rolling on fresh leading to bigger scores. Its funny how more interchanges had a bigger effect on points being scored than this trashy six again rule.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bigger interchanges back then meant the big boys kept rolling on fresh leading to bigger scores. Its funny how more interchanges had a bigger effect on points being scored than this trashy six again rule.
I strongly doubt this is true. I'd love to see a comparison of average PPG in 1999 and 2021 at the end of the season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No we are not worse. We have played some of the best teams in the competition & we also had a couple of games where we had 9 players out due to injury & suspension. Given a full list, I think Thompson who has added a little bit of punch to our attack, I think we will jag a win or two along the way. Remember last year when all seemed lost & no wins appeared in our future? We ended up winning a few & even beat Souths.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Silly thread, tbh. We are only five games into the season and have played three heavyweights while missing some key players. No we are not that bad. Not even close.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Silly thread, tbh. We are only five games into the season and have played three heavyweights while missing some key players. No we are not that bad. Not even close.
Elliot fucked up the pass to flanno buuuut if he didnt wed be 1 and 4

In our current form we wont win more than 3 games and we look like we'll continue to have 40 put on us weekly.
Hopefully we can stop the rot this week.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliot fucked up the pass to flanno buuuut if he didnt wed be 1 and 4

In our current form we wont win more than 3 games and we look like we'll continue to have 40 put on us weekly.
Hopefully we can stop the rot this week.
Lol we have only conceded over 40 once this season and played three of the premiership favourites already. Wests were getting lapped regularly by very mediocre teams. We are obviously at least a season away from being competitive again, but will probably win a few more than three once we find our groove and are easily better than that wests team....some of you need to calm down a bit. Why even follow footy if it makes you so miserable?

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol we have only conceded over 40 once this season and played three of the premiership favourites already. Wests were getting lapped regularly by very mediocre teams. We are obviously at least a season away from being competitive again, but will probably win a few more than three once we find our groove and are easily better than that wests team....some of you need to calm down a bit. Why even follow footy if it makes you so miserable?
I agree. Isn’t it convenient how the top sides from last year have had easy starts to the year. It has worked that Melbourne, Penrith and south’s all play us, Brisbane and manly one after the other which given the way the game is going means 3 easy wins. If nrl wants big crowds and tv viewership y not have roosters v rabbits then storm Penrith and then Canberra parra and have them play each other in the first 4 rounds.

Easy for top 4 teams to smash teams like us and build momentum and does not allow us to get any confidence which is important and give us a chance when we play them.

Look at the dragons they have played sharks, cowboys, manly and given this run are now in top 4 beating parra when they had some confidence as a team

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haaaaa my cousin played in that side. Let’s say he was happy to leave it

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whilst the talk has been when we will get our next win, I agree with TBs view in that the goal for 2021 is to get incrementally better game by game with this side and develop players. The goal next year is to make finals and depending on how much improvement we land via recruitment & development, seriously challenge for the title.
Make finals next year?How about run 12th next year with 8 wins IF WE ARE LUCKY. We are not coping with the rule changes and pace of the game at all. We haven't seen incremental improvement in our games this year to date. We will get worse from here compared to other teams before we get better....development takes 3 to 5 years.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Make finals next year?How about run 12th next year with 8 wins IF WE ARE LUCKY. We are not coping with the rule changes and pace of the game at all. We haven't seen incremental improvement in our games this year to date. We will get worse from here compared to other teams before we get better....development takes 3 to 5 years.
I think we’ll start warming up at the back end of the year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not only the worst Dogs team I've ever seen but the worst FG team I've seen in about 35 years of watching the sport.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bump
Cant win a game at all. Cant score points and the against points r starting to pile up.

Disgrace of a side. Where are we going to get a win from??

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the return of Jackson, Marina, Napa and Hethrington, a giant killer end of season is possible and should be aimed at.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump
Cant win a game at all. Cant score points and the against points r starting to pile up.

Disgrace of a side. Where are we going to get a win from??
Possibly the bye round, could be a 50/50. I still havent made my mind up which way i'll tip that week