Rumour Are we 1999 Magpie level bad?

Are we as bad as the 1999 Magpies?

• Total voters

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We will be lucky to get to 3 wins. I’ve never seen such a bad dogs side. Even under pay we were better and defended well.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be lucky to get to 3 wins. I’ve never seen such a bad dogs side. Even under pay we were better and defended well.
We only won 3 last year...I think
Participation awards for everyone

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We aren't 1999 Magpies quality, we are 1982 Raiders quality

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a poorly managed defence compared to previous weeks but not reflective of the team overall

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whilst the talk has been when we will get our next win, I agree with TBs view in that the goal for 2021 is to get incrementally better game by game with this side and develop players. The goal next year is to make finals and depending on how much improvement we land via recruitment & development, seriously challenge for the title.
How many increments did we improve by today?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers go pumped the same with a full strength team... That was trial team that played today.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think so. Remember, Broncos scored a lot of points against us... and right now, I can't see any victory. For example, before last weekend, I *might* have been hopeful against the Cowboys. But now I know we will lose... and unfortunately, we are incapable of losing in a close one. Our heads go down.

I honestly can't see a single victory this season. Who would we raise our game against? Usually we can rely on at least a struggle against the Eels, that might give us a bit of confidence about our ability to compete... Can you honestly see this?

Everyone thinks we are at rock bottom... I fear we will still be falling, to new depths, for sometime yet.
I wasn't entirely correct. We've won two games... We won't win anymore though. Ok, we've got a stack of good players coming next season... With our coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't fire either. We're so fucked

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
disappointing but realistically we r improving looked like our attack was organised just ineffective, defence organised but diabolically weak

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
geez

with 4 games to go

PPG
Dogs 12.9
Magpies 12.05

Magpies 3 wins
Bulldogs 2 wins

Peak table position
Dogs: 13th Round 1
Magpies 13th Round 1

Points against per game
Magpies 31.9
Dogs 31.4

Can't see us getting a win unless the Tigers take us even lighter in 2 rounds time.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this our worst season ever? Surely 2 wins is our worst ever season result??

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
On our day we can beat at least 8 teams in the comp from here on in... definitely 6 we cant... which we’ve already played 3 of.

manly
Warriors
Tigers
Cronulla
Titans
St george
Cowboys
Knights

we can beat any of these teams on the day...the tough start we’ve had will pay dividends at the back end of the year for sure
I was slightly off … lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we have a better team than Wests but the poor quality team issue has been compounded by injuries & suspensions. I think it's a record for suspensions & it is a record of sin bins. I think that 2020-21 should have asterisks next to them as it is a different game with the re-starts. It needs to go & go back to a decent game.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
geez

with 4 games to go

PPG
Dogs 12.9
Magpies 12.05

Magpies 3 wins
Bulldogs 2 wins

Peak table position
Dogs: 13th Round 1
Magpies 13th Round 1

Points against per game
Magpies 31.9
Dogs 31.4

Can't see us getting a win unless the Tigers take us even lighter in 2 rounds time.
Interesting.

At first thought, thinking of those thrashings the Magpies were getting, I'd tell you you were bloody crazy to suggest the dogs of 2021 were anywhere near that bad, but those stats suggest it may not be such a crazy idea.