Are those hollistic spiritual (reiki) awakening massages a bunch of baloney?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't doubt mental health is a real issue but are there predators out there trying to cash in on vulnerable people? People offering spiritual healing massages like reiki to help uncork your soul? Promote wellbeing and happiness? Isnt this all a bunch of baloney?

Using scents and candles and smoke, waving their arms around and making noises? Come on what a bunch of baloney.

What other baloney therapies are out there?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reiki isn't what you describe and doesn't work that way. It transfering of energy from one person to another basically.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't doubt mental health is a real issue but are there predators out there trying to cash in on vulnerable people? People offering spiritual healing massages like reiki to help uncork your soul? Promote wellbeing and happiness? Isnt this all a bunch of baloney?

Using scents and candles and smoke, waving their arms around and making noises? Come on what a bunch of baloney.

Supply and demand! First rule of business, if you find something people are willing to pay for, capitalize on it - so long as it is within your own moral boundaries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's bs, I tried it. Like when I was watching DBZ there was an episode where Gohan was teaching Videl and how to fly by focusing her Ki, I copied the instructions but i still couldn't fly and it made me feel worthless.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course it's a scam. I used to get annoyed at people who ran these kind of scams. Reiki, cupping, acupuncture, essential oils...

Then I realised that I really don't care. If people are stupid enough to get suckered into it then it's their problem. And the placebo effect is a powerful thing. So let people enjoy their modern capitalism.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aroma therapy has been proven to be completely bogus, although there is a considerable amount of research that says Fart Therapy has real benefits for the human body.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

My good friend, please refer to it's correct spelling - bologna. Or as old mate who earlier mentioned, Devon :D

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reiki isn't what you describe and doesn't work that way. It transfering of energy from one person to another basically.
So in other words a bunch of baloney? Energy? How do you measure that?

People are ridiculous aren't they. In reiki they dont even touch ya, just wave their arms around

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But these sort of bullshit therapies get their own back sometimes.. when a fat old hairy sweaty greasy guy turns up and says rub my arse.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im trying to start up my own sex cult under the guise of self helping therapy

one of those guys got 120 years jail recently, but he did it wrong and tried to get greedy

the way to last in the sex cult business is staying low key and quiet