News Are the media and players turning on Vlandys?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There needs to be a serious shakeup. The game at the moment is dominated by too many talking heads who are happy collecting their pay checks and stroking their egos. The critical voices have all but disappeared, they've either been hounded out of the game and labeled as dinosaurs (e.g. Warren Ryan), or they've given in so as to ensure their own financial wellbeing.

A strong institution devotes resources to supporting critical voices. When Vlandy's came in it appears he did the opposite, and surrounded himself with sycophants.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sycophants had to look that one up lol.( a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage) so yes i agree Psycho.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they want to bring back fatigue you should just change it from interchange to reserves. Carry 6-8 players but when they are off they can’t sub back on.

Any hit to the head that causes the player to stay down (including milking) the ref sends them to the hia (just like a ref in boxing would) then you don’t return. Keep the send offs/sin bins for the head highs (if a player doesn’t return from foul play then a send off should be used). If players want to milk it. Bad luck, you can’t get a hia and come back in 10 mins later.

there should be less penalties in the game, so the 6 again must go. Yes it’s sped up the game. But it’s touch football now. And the refs decide results more so then players.

I don’t mind the idea the try scoring team kicks off. I think it would balance our possession a little. But that only works if the 6 again stays.

Bring back the scrum. Yes it’s uncontested. Yes it’s a formality that the feeding team wins it, but it takes out 7 players and gives you a chance for the speed men to beat their man 1 on 1 (maybe a scrum to a kick chase for addo Carr?)

Vlandys did well to get the game restarted. He did well to negotiate rights and save the game and the season. Commercially I’m sure he is a whiz.

But his advisors have missed the mark with the 6 again thing, the scrum thing, the sin bin thing. Yes protect the ball carrier. But only illegal plays that knock someone out should be sin binned. It was a farce to see some of the calls in the last few weeks. It’s just not rugby league anymore.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Weelzer (works for Nine) says 6 again rule needs changing ...but in the meantime 9 are changing the way they televise lol

(Scroll down to bottom of article)

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weelzer (works for Nine) says 6 again rule needs changing ...but in the meantime 9 are changing the way they televise lol

About the Maroons covid breach.

This was on the footy show at about 11ish. Erin Moron Molan mentioned it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
About the Maroons covid breach.

This was on the footy show at about 11ish. Erin Moron Molan mentioned it
Further down the Weezler article, he has a go about 6 again and how Ch9 are adapting their televising of the game now to accommodate it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

"Future broadcasts are set to include more historical footage, interviews with coaches, players and families, and live Zoom interviews in play. "

So they are saying when the game becomes a blowout they will stop showing the game & do this other crap? I don't want to see this stuff during a game. I hate it when I am watching a game & they show players warming up in other games or interview a player from the next game. Name & shame the idiot who came up with the crap!!!!!!!! And if it gets approved, knee cap the approver.