News Are the Bulldogs on their way to buying a premiership?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if the fans give a crap about how we assemble a premiership winning team - all we care about is WINNING A COMP. I couldn't give 2 shits if we went out and bought 17 players or if we had 17 juniors in the side As long as the team lifting up the trophy is wearing the beautiful blue and white jersey, I don't give a fuck how it's done

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As if the fans give a crap about how we assemble a premiership winning team - all we care about is WINNING A COMP. I couldn't give 2 shits if we went out and bought 17 players or if we had 17 juniors in the side As long as the team lifting up the trophy is wearing the beautiful blue and white jersey, I don't give a fuck how it's done
We just sat through 3 years of hell, we deserve to sign some nice players... we're playing to the salary cap just like every team and the reason we were in this mess was because we weren't able to play to the real salary cap = we have plenty of money to spend now. You can't buy a premiership roster from the position we're in (and we're really only looking to be a consistent top 8 team for now) but we can sign some players that are going to set up our future and in the next wave we can build for a premiership (2024 imo).

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol the media should STFU. They bag us when we can’t score tries and string attacks together. They bag us when we had boardroom dramas. They bag us when we have a mad Monday just because it gives them something good to write back. We are trying to string together a competitive side so the above issues don’t happen so they have nothing to bag us about and us supporters have something to cheer for again! Go the dogs!

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we’re paying freight on any ex players next season, or is that hell now completely finished?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we’re paying freight on any ex players next season, or is that hell now completely finished?
I know what you mean. Still, I'd be happy for the club to throw in if someone would take DWZ and Lewis early.

The 'article' was funny to read as usual. Pretty insightful of him to pick up that we bought Cotric to bolster our backline.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett is the coach now not Hasler ! It is good to be able to use the full salary cap for a change though

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we are all good in that department that I know of. Don't quote me on it though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we trying to buy a Premiership??? I BLOODY WELL HOPE SO!!! The Roosters try buying Premierships every year. Melbourne have cheated their way to how many Premierships already??? Souths please...the NRL's love child that can medically retire anyone with a drop of a hat and no one blinks. It's about time the Dogs became ruffles and got with the program.....playing nice just doesn't work when the deck is stacked heavily against you and everyone else hold all the cards, leaving you with a pair of jokers the most useless cards in the deck. So F@ck Yeah let's buy a Premiership or two or three, and who ever doesn't like it can suck it!!!

View attachment 18821View attachment 18822
AGREE, now days premierships can only be bought, either through Brown paper bags, a second set of books, cheating or even drugs.
Unfortunately their is no other way, I really feel for the future of the game.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuart Thomas a wannabe Flog
In fairness to the journo the article doesn't talk about us buying a premiership, just about what's happening and we're on the move. As someone pointed out in another recent thread it's usually the editor or someone else down the chain who makes or changes headlines before the article is published.

Obviously when going through the checking process someone does the 'Bulldogs check'. i.e. Can we link a subject to the Bulldogs? Can we put a negative spin on the Bulldogs?

Also the poorly kept secret bit might be true about Burton, maybe he already being signed (would be consistent with what people on hear heard from their sources). Perhaps the club sat on it for a couple of weeks. Maybe there was a cool down period in which Burton could have changed his mind or the club wanted to announce it at a time that suited all parties. We could be dropping his name in other negotiations or maybe it was so Burton could also tell the people at Penrith personally.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Don't think we are buying our way to a premiership - other than Cotric and potentially JAC, all of our signings are young players yet to really establish themselves in first grade. Looks promising for now, but we are still way off even being a top 4 team.

On the topic of buying, Was listening to Bloke in a Bar podcast with Fifita and apparently Hasler and Castled offered him a 4 year deal (reported at 800k a year) but in actual fact it was 150k for the first 2 seasons and then 1.5mil a year for the remining 2 years.

What an absolute farce, think of the other players we would have had on similar deals trough the Castle and Hasler. Absolutely left us decimated to the point where we haven't even had a quality junior come through the ranks over the last 5-6 years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No guarantee these changes will have us walk into the 8, they will still have to be trained up and play their asses off, the rest of the comp is doing the same thing but we won't be there to make the numbers up.
Things are definitely looking up with Barrett the key signing, a young coach, young halves and young speedsters on the flanks with plenty of grunt up the middle.
We won't win the comp but they are paid to try.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't think we are buying our way to a premiership - other than Cotric and potentially JAC, all of our signings are young players yet to really establish themselves in first grade. Looks promising for now, but we are still way off even being a top 4 team.

On the topic of buying, Was listening to Bloke in a Bar podcast with Fifita and apparently Hasler and Castled offered him a 4 year deal (reported at 800k a year) but in actual fact it was 150k for the first 2 seasons and then 1.5mil a year for the remining 2 years.

What an absolute farce, think of the other players we would have had on similar deals trough the Castle and Hasler. Absolutely left us decimated to the point where we haven't even had a quality junior come through the ranks over the last 5-6 years.
Yep, those back ended deals absolutely fucked us until next year. I bet Fifita didn’t say the real reason his contract was torn up by the dogs though