News Are the Bulldogs on their way to buying a premiership?

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah agree we would have been more tolerant if we won 2012 and 2014. But at the end of the day he destroyed the cap over a team that wasn't as good as Manly's team and had nothing in the spine except Barba early on, Ennis and Cook and we lost all of them along with several other good players.
Yeah I think 2012 hurts more than anything else. That was really our year. Storm were allowed to get away with so much bullshit in the ruck, hurts every time I see the replay. 2014 we should never have been there.

Yeah lost some good talent but for me losing Finucane hurts the most. He was Bulldogs thru and thru. Love Jackson but I always thought Finuance was better and had more leadership qualities in him. Hope we don't make the same mistakes again here. Elliot was a sped a few years ago but definitely has improved and I see him developing into that same mold of player. Probably won't be as good and solid as Finucane but will be a future leader of ours.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think 2012 hurts more than anything else. That was really our year. Storm were allowed to get away with so much bullshit in the ruck, hurts every time I see the replay. 2014 we should never have been there.

Yeah lost some good talent but for me losing Finucane hurts the most. He was Bulldogs thru and thru. Love Jackson but I always thought Finuance was better and had more leadership qualities in him. Hope we don't make the same mistakes again here. Elliot was a sped a few years ago but definitely has improved and I see him developing into that same mold of player. Probably won't be as good and solid as Finucane but will be a future leader of ours.
We massively underestimated how much melbourne was stinging from 2010 as well. They wanted that GF much more than we did

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah 2012 the game was there to be won. Even with 10 min to go felt we could have won. If Johnno Wright's airswing grubber connects we score and it's here we come.

If we had a backrow of Jackson, Finnucane and Elliott then that's a lot of minutes and tackles covered and we could have rotated our big forwards of the bench with far more impact even when interchanges reduced.

Anyway a new era and so far seems to be a potentially good one, so I'm excited about the next few years.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah 2012 the game was there to be won. Even with 10 min to go felt we could have won. If Johnno Wright's airswing grubber connects we score and it's here we come.

If we had a backrow of Jackson, Finnucane and Elliott then that's a lot of minutes and tackles covered and we could have rotated our big forwards of the bench with far more impact even when interchanges reduced.

Anyway a new era and so far seems to be a potentially good one, so I'm excited about the next few years.
Few things just did not go our way that game but Archer let Storm get away with murder in the ruck. Was plain to see and he did not bat an eye lid.

It's a fucking shame what happened to Finucane. We signed T-Rex on big bucks and had Eastwood that fat flog on big dollars as opposed to having someone like Finucane who is worth triple those 2 combined.

Yes can't look back, have to look forward.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep when we buy Tedesco and Cronk after finishing in the top 4 the previous year we can be accused of buying a comp

Palooka
And don't forget the Morris Bothers and rushing back SBW in the middle of a pandemic to play the last 4 weeks of the premiership for "150 K "