Opinion Are the board doing the best job they can?

Are the board doing the best job they can?

• Yes

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No they haven't (which is a good thing). Again actions speak louder than words. We'll just get generic or standard media answers. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/24ccafee901b0f6eee6f309a47182d61 xd?
For fuck sake mate you just don’t get it ya moot! Sorry I tried to be pleasant up until now but simple points go completely over your head and is very frustrating!

Lynne Anderson, Andrew Hill and a couple of guys from our football department did a piece not long ago precisely outlining their plans for our future at the Bulldogs, it focused mainly on developing our grassroots junior teams and making them strong feeder teams again, as well as a strong emphasis on our current roster, being patient and recruiting the right individuals who will buy into our culture direction and add to it, not rushing out and signing high priced marquee players just for the sake of it!

I’m not posting the article up here for you go find it yourself, it was back in August through the Daily Telecrap if I’m not mistaken...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For fuck sake mate you just don’t get it ya moot! Sorry I tried to be pleasant up until now but simple points go completely over your head and is very frustrating!

Lynne Anderson, Andrew Hill and a couple of guys from our football department did a piece not long ago precisely outlining their plans for our future at the Bulldogs, it focused mainly on developing our grassroots junior teams and making them strong feeder teams again, as well as a strong emphasis on our current roster, being patient and recruiting the right individuals who will buy into our culture direction and add to it, not rushing out and signing high priced marquee players just for the sake of it!

I’m not posting the article up here for you go find it yourself, it was back in August through the Daily Telecrap if I’m not mistaken...

Yeah I guess sponsors agree with your dribble and are all lining up and not jumping ship lol

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you mate , but just a competitive team doesn't sit comfortably with me ?
What does that mean? That we don't get lapped every week and be embarrassed on the scoreboard, or just losing by a couple of tries but the effort was there??

We should be striving for excellence both on and off the field.
We should be the benchmark for all Sydney clubs or all clubs for that matter.
We should assemble a team that is capable or in a position to be able to win the grand final every year.

Look at Melbourne, the roosters, nearly every year they are up for it.

You are easily pleased mate and if that is not the goal of the football club boy are we in some trouble.
Another stupid post. Do you honestly think the board is there to do a bad job?
Do you think the board is not active in the player market?
Do you think the football experience, and business experience, of the board is lacking?
I support the board because they have the club at heart. They are not seeking over priced players who are looking at their big pay day.
They are trying to build a capable football team. It wont be a team of champions, but it will be a competitive team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Capable doesn't cut it.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just take a break from this bullshit. Regardless of whether you think the board is making bad calls, you are in no position to know what is happening behind the scenes. You have no idea what criteria they're following in the recruits they are chasing. Most of your posts, polls and threads are virtually the same negative crap.

I'm really getting sick of seeing the same few people constantly spewing forth negative crap before it's even warranted.

For a team that had to dump players and pay portions of their salary to even be cap compliant, we've recruited really fucking well until this point. Recruiting takes time. The media are very good at drumming up a sense of urgency around the recruitment of the highest profile players. But I'm pretty certain that the majority of players are not feeling the same sense of urgency to get their contracts locked in place for season 2021. They're either just getting back from their holidays and into training again or planning their short Christmas break.

Signings will happen when they happen. It means very little to the board or potential recruits if you are impatient about the timeline.
Well said Alan! About time someone else spoke logic and common sense!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I must say it’s comforting to see the Board have the support of 51% of the Kennel.

This effectively translates to 90% support for the actual upcoming election due to absence of voting privileges for the average knucklehead on here.

How’s that rebel ticket coming along @Bulldogs09 @bradtalo @AlzzBulldog @wendog33
Time to rally chaps

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well I must say it’s comforting to see the Board have the support of 51% of the Kennel.

This effectively translates to 90% support for the actual upcoming election due to absence of voting privileges for the average knucklehead on here.

How’s that rebel ticket coming along @Bulldogs09 @bradtalo @AlzzBulldog @wendog33
Time to rally chaps
We’d probably get Prozac and Valium in our member kits

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Time to rally chaps
Bahahaha

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Smith re-signing was the straw that broke the camels back with my faith in the board and pay

when the new board & pay came in I was a big supporter and have only recently lost a lot of faith... one by one board members have left and other staff positions have been filled by ex board members or not filled etc

the new board was out there keeping the members engaged but that has since faded away to nearly nothing..... they were also constantly beating the drum that we would be a huge player in the 2021 player market which has now opened up since November 1st but the board seem to have retreated to their bunker and no longer seen or heard and we are only linked to duds and fringe first graders and re-signing a fair bit of deadwood

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the Smith re-signing was the straw that broke the camels back with my faith in the board and pay

when the new board & pay came in I was a big supporter and have only recently lost a lot of faith... one by one board members have left and other staff positions have been filled by ex board members or not filled etc

the new board was out there keeping the members engaged but that has since faded away to nearly nothing..... they were also constantly beating the drum that we would be a huge player in the 2021 player market which has now opened up since November 1st but the board seem to have retreated to their bunker and no longer seen or heard and we are only linked to duds and fringe first graders and re-signing a fair bit of deadwood
Well said, how the mighty have fallen, and we have people on here celebrating

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Time to rally chaps
You still havent answered my question but

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about you mate , but just a competitive team doesn't sit comfortably with me ?
What does that mean? That we don't get lapped every week and be embarrassed on the scoreboard, or just losing by a couple of tries but the effort was there??

We should be striving for excellence both on and off the field.
We should be the benchmark for all Sydney clubs or all clubs for that matter.
We should assemble a team that is capable or in a position to be able to win the grand final every year.

Look at Melbourne, the roosters, nearly every year they are up for it.

You are easily pleased mate and if that is not the goal of the football club boy are we in some trouble.
The point you are missing is that the Roosters and Storm have had consistently good management to stay at the top.

We had Ray, Raelene & Des. They put us in a hole we need to climb out of. A hole the Roosters and the Storm have never been in.

Comparing their management to Ray, Raelene & Des is like comparing Oranges to rotten apples.

Lets climb out of the shithole they put us in before we think about consistency.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The point you are missing is that the Roosters and Storm have had consistently good management to stay at the top.

We had Ray, Raelene & Des. They put us in a hole we need to climb out of. A hole the Roosters and the Storm have never been in.

Comparing their management to Ray, Raelene & Des is like comparing Oranges to rotten apples.

Lets climb out of the shithole they put us in before we think about consistency.
Spot on! Some people here think that there's some magical board of directors out there that are going to come in and click their fingers and we will start winning multiple premierships.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Don’t argue with a few clowns pushing their agendas. They will have to tell mummy as they cry in her basement.

They riding someone’s cock to get free tickets cause they can’t afford their own and don’t want that cut off

I’ve said numerous times the boards action will speak to us fans with a brain. Not their little puppets trying their hardest.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Time to rally chaps
Fool and dead beat trouble maker.

The current Board will not be challenged.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Dribble. I've linked something directly from Pay and you're just pretending it doesn't exist? Like I've said they can say whatever they want but I need to see something regarding recruitment before next season. I don't think we have to bring in a marquee player (there were a few ideal ones imo) but we need to bring in top or emerging players. I'd like to see how they achieve this (especially if money isn't an incentive - I personally don't think it's possible). A part of me wants us to not sign anyone until mid season next year (or even worse before the start of next season) just to see you squirm (no one coming, panic buys, etc) but I want to see the club be successful so ultimately I don't want that. I don't think it'll happen either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.