Are Press freedoms under assault in this country?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...t/news-story/cd536051c3b4bcc80f8e93b4280215bb

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has asked prosecutors to consider charging an ABC journalist for publishing controversial stories on alleged Australian war crimes in Afghanistan.

ABC reports the AFP has sent a brief to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions regarding journalist Dan Oakes, who along with his colleague, Sam Clark, were told they were under investigation two years ago.

The pair wrote stories, known as the Afghan Files, in 2017 which exposed alleged war crimes committed by Australian soldiers in Afghanistan.

The story led to widely reported AFP raids at the ABC headquarters in Sydney last year and triggered a nationwide debate over press freedom.

When the cops start raiding the press and threatening prosecution for stories that many would consider relevant, are we in trouble? Yeah we are imo!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Short answer: Yes.

A free press is a cornerstone of a good democracy. I spend a lot of time in a country which doesn't have that, and trust me, you don't want to go there.

And the more that good journalists are muzzled/stopped, they will eventually disappear and all we will be left with is what is happening with the fucking Kardashians.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Secret trials to protect John Howard and Alexander downer in their bugging of East Timor

Afp persecution of ABC journalists in reporting potential war crimes by Australian soldiers

Afp persecution of Labor ministers and "raids" with a complicit media in attendance.

Gaoling of whistle blowers

Afp "nothing to see here" with liberal ministers, michaela cash, Angus Taylor, George Christensen etc

The AFP are the SS arm of the liberal party and channel 7, 9 and news Ltd are complicit in this fash movement and actions

Scummo doesn't like being questioned. He always diverts.

David speers political appointment after Barry cassidy retired

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
im all for suppression if the press if it means turfing out these bloody lefties

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im all for suppression if the press if it means turfing out these bloody lefties
See I feel exactly the same way about the retarded right. I firmly believe if we burnt all Murdoch's marketing shitrags, closed down his Fox News wanna be channel Sky News, destroyed the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), The HR Nicholls Society, jailed Bolt, Hadley, Jones, et el, we'd all be a lot smarter.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm definately not a lefty but the right aren't angels too.

Bullshit from both sides pushing their own agendas.

Divide and conquer is alive and strong...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
See I feel exactly the same way about the retarded right. I firmly believe if we burnt all Murdoch's marketing shitrags, closed down his Fox News wanna be channel Sky News, destroyed the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), The HR Nicholls Society, jailed Bolt, Hadley, Jones, et el, we'd all be a lot smarter.
Agree but it only be the left bullshit.

Where do we find the unbiased truth?

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is the right retarded?
The right point out the bias of the left.

For example, this video. just says it all really. Why dont you see this on left leaning networks?

Why do the left media jump at white people always? Ive never heard a complimentary word about white people or values in years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Their freedom to print their agenda driven bullshit looks to be safe.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

For example, this video. just says it all really. Why dont you see this on left leaning networks?

Why do the left media jump at white people always? Ive never heard a complimentary word about white people or values in years.
Yeah, right... the boss of the left. Because nothing says impartiality and valance like the angry snarl on the face of the agenda driven douche in the video you just posted.

You’re too good at trolling to not get paid for it, dude. Go professional.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, right... the boss of the left. Because nothing says impartiality and valance like the angry snarl on the face of the agenda driven douche in the video you just posted.

You’re too good at trolling to not get paid for it, dude. Go professional.
i just knew youd attack the guy making the video and not pay attention to the content.

This is what lefties do everytime. Every damn time.

"i dont like the guy delivering the facts so the facts dont mean shit".

Your next move will be to call him a fascist or nazi.

ps. i dont like him either but still.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
i just knew youd attack the guy making the video and not pay attention to the content.

Lol all I did was point out that it is hypocritical of you to call out bias from the left and share a link to a clearly biased right wing ideologue in the same post. I’m too tired to get into an argument with you about the video itself.... but when the dude is presenting his argument while sitting in front of a banner that says Black Lives Murder, it’s pretty safe to say he has a very clear agenda. Just pointing out it’s strange you would share an avi Yemini video when you are trying to make a point about the left’s lack of objectivity. Right wing bias isn’t solely confined to YouTube either.... you’ll find smoke evidence if it on Sky, the Murdoch press, talkback radio, network tv etc etc.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

You make a fair point here.
I agree.
Usually the left don't understand anything and resort to childish and personal insults.

When you call them out on their bullshit they just laugh at you and resort to gaslighting or whatever tactics to deflect how stupid they really are.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol all I did was point out that it is hypocritical of you to call out bias from the left and share a link to a clearly biased right wing ideologue in the same post. I’m too tired to get into an argument with you about the video itself.... but when the dude is presenting his argument while sitting in front of a banner that says Black Lives Murder, it’s pretty safe to say he has a very clear agenda. Just pointing out it’s strange you would share an avi Yemini video when you are trying to make a point about the left’s lack of objectivity. Right wing bias isn’t solely confined to YouTube either.... you’ll find smoke evidence if it on Sky, the Murdoch press, talkback radio, network tv etc etc.
Avi makes a point that he's pointing out what the media will not.
He exists and have fans because the media are selective. They chase stories they want and define the mainstream narrative.
First it's Avi but it'll end with more Christchurch like attackers.can only push so far.
Most 'right' wing channels are just controlled opposition or left wing lite.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is what is so amusing about you righties, you have the memories of gold fish.

The right wing media lead the west into the Iraq war based on lies and bullshit that THEY KNEW WERE LIES AND BULLSHIT!!!!
That lead to the deaths of over 100,000 Iraqi civilians.
Which lead to a power vacuum that Isis gladly filled.
Which lead to more thousands of deaths.
Which lead the west into two decades of a war on a concept = terror, which anyone with half a brain will tell you you cannot win. You cannot win a war on something subjective and it's stupid to think you can.
They are still fighting and dying in Afghanistan.
They are still fighting and dying in Iraq.
All this war and all these deaths were for the financial benefit of white people.

These are historical facts about right wing media that goldfish righties eagley ignore.

You righties are different, you forget facts because your media dangles a bit of tinsel for you and says "forget about what we did previously that destroyed people's lives...but HEY look at this new outrage over here it's BLM" And you righties swallow it hook, line, sinker, boat, oar, ramp, tow ball, tackle and dead fish.

Last edited: