Are old people no good anymore ?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us are now getting on in the years, a few health issues catch up with us. It seems like you just can’t do the things you used to do

look at sporting heros, Evander Holyfield jumped in the boxing ring today and was pummelled in one round, Rodger Federer has been injured more than he plays, Anthony Mundine was a great boxer but beaten easily in his last fights, not many old people compete at the olympics.

footy players, once considered best in the sport are barely able to compete, tapped on the shoulder to retire and save face.

You used to go to everyone’s 18th birthday parties, 21st, weddings, now what? Before you know it Funerals?

women generally look their best with youth, as a young adult, as they get older they try anything to look younger but you just can’t hide old bones and more often than not they get procedures that make them look worse

So if your older (and the years are getting past me too) what can we do? You can’t replay time or wind back the clock, you can’t start over? Do you just admit your no good anymore?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do old people look old when you're also old?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure old people make good community leaders in modern east coast cities.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you think an older person is useless because they can't use an iPhone think again.
Perhaps the useless ones are the ones who can't stop using it...!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know you've gotten old when all your favorite music is now being referred to as,
"Retro" or "Classic Hits!"

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An old gent goes up to a lady of easy virtue and says,
"How much for a naughty my dear?" The lady of the night looks the coot up and down and exclaims,
"Oh, come on grandpa forget about it, you've had it!"
He looks perplexed, but pulling out his wallet he replies,
"Oh have I, how much do I owe you then?"

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of funny guys in this thread, but the reality is old people are slower, fatter and have less endurance..

But what do us old people do? Try compete and get knocked out like old Holyfield?