Are Australians hypocrites or are indigenous their own worst enemy?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw only fear the roo is allowed to complain

thats the new rule

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's important to remember and recognise history. Just as it's important to weed out any racism that still exists in Australia.

The colonisation of Australia was one of the most horrific things that has happened throughout history. The traditional Tasmanian people is the only actual thorough genocide in recorded history. There has been genocides but the annihilation of the native Aboriginals is the only full genocide with no survivors.

3,000 native inhabitants when the European settlers arrived. The inhabitants were eradicated. Many were captured and enslaved. Women were raped. To shut down any protest, men were killed and their wives were forced to wear the heads of their husbands around their necks. When the last male native Tasmanian died, his corpse was dug up so one of the local men could make a tobacco pouch out of his skin. Later the last woman died and that was the end of an entire race of people. An entire culture.

And that's just Tasmania. The occupation of Australia was one of the darkest points in human history and the atrocities should not be forgotten. But we also have to recognise what we have today. One of the most beautiful countries in the world. How it came to be is dark, but now it's an amazing place that we should all cherish.

Support Australia. Support the original inhabitants who have been beaten down for centuries. Wipe out racism in all forms of racism. But never forget that now we are all Australian and we must all work together to support all Australians.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, yes. Racism still exists in Australia. Still exists in many countries. The recent Collingwood review is a prime example of this. It should be weeded out. But we also shouldn't mistake racism where there is none.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note.
Its pleasing to know that Australians by and large no longer tolerate any form of racism and activatly call it out and weed it out on a daily basis.

Example is current affair exposing and shaming dispicable neo nazi far right extreamist group.

Absolute scum.

Its so pleasing to see how far Australia has come and how wide spread tolerant views have become.

Proud to be Australian.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Side note, yes. Racism still exists in Australia. Still exists in many countries. The recent Collingwood review is a prime example of this. It should be weeded out. But we also shouldn't mistake racism where there is none.
Where doesnt racism exist? and why is the west held accountable when others arent? Its miniscule when compared to the human rights violations perpetrated on the Uyghurs, gays and females under the guise of religion. As the big guy recently said its part of Chinese culture.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Side note.
Its pleasing to know that Australians by and large no longer tolerate any form of racism and activatly call it out and weed it out on a daily basis.

Example is current affair exposing and shaming dispicable neo nazi far right extreamist group.

Absolute scum.

Its so pleasing to see how far Australia has come and how wide spread tolerant views have become.

Proud to be Australian.
Do you do stand up by any chance/ thats fucking hilarious. lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you do stand up by any chance/ thats fucking hilarious. lol
Sure would mate.

I think its safe to say most proud Australians would call out racism.

Mate, i am sensing some undertones.
I can see you feel pasionate against racism, and thats somthing i support.

But the undertones have me questioning.
Have you or are you currently experiancing racism in your day to day life.
Is that where all your hostility is coming ftom?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I will say is that having spent some 5 years out of the last 8 in the Pilbara region of WA the problems are significantly worse NOW and the Indigenous are at least as big a problem if not bigger when it comes to racism..this will take another 50 years or 100 to improve, if we are lucky imo...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All I will say is that having spent some 5 years out of the last 8 in the Pilbara region of WA the problems are significantly worse NOW and the Indigenous are at least as big a problem if not bigger when it comes to racism..this will take another 50 years or 100 to improve, if we are lucky imo...
Especially with the leftards fueling racism on a daily basis with their anti white narrative constantly coming out of their mouth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where doesnt racism exist? and why is the west held accountable when others arent? Its miniscule when compared to the human rights violations perpetrated on the Uyghurs, gays and females under the guise of religion. As the big guy recently said its part of Chinese culture.
I agree 100%. And those atrocities should be called out for what they are. But that doesn't mean we should excuse racism in Australia just because it's worse elsewhere.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree 100%. And those atrocities should be called out for what they are. But that doesn't mean we should excuse racism in Australia just because it's worse elsewhere.
100%,
And how great is it to live in Australia,
The greatest nation in the world, where we do stop racism in its tracks..
We are doing so much better than every other nation on the planet.

Fuck its great to be Australian.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's important to remember and recognise history. Just as it's important to weed out any racism that still exists in Australia.

The colonisation of Australia was one of the most horrific things that has happened throughout history. The traditional Tasmanian people is the only actual thorough genocide in recorded history. There has been genocides but the annihilation of the native Aboriginals is the only full genocide with no survivors.

3,000 native inhabitants when the European settlers arrived. The inhabitants were eradicated. Many were captured and enslaved. Women were raped. To shut down any protest, men were killed and their wives were forced to wear the heads of their husbands around their necks. When the last male native Tasmanian died, his corpse was dug up so one of the local men could make a tobacco pouch out of his skin. Later the last woman died and that was the end of an entire race of people. An entire culture.

And that's just Tasmania. The occupation of Australia was one of the darkest points in human history and the atrocities should not be forgotten. But we also have to recognise what we have today. One of the most beautiful countries in the world. How it came to be is dark, but now it's an amazing place that we should all cherish.

Support Australia. Support the original inhabitants who have been beaten down for centuries. Wipe out racism in all forms of racism. But never forget that now we are all Australian and we must all work together to support all Australians.
Didn't know this, and fear most Australians don't either.

We, as a nation, like to call out racism but unfortunately our very existance is rooted in it. Only when we recognise, and I mean truly recognise the unspeakable deads of our forfathers will we be able to honestly say that we're against racism.

Having lived abroad for the last 12+ years I can honestly say that every country I've ever been to has had some level of racism. Here it's against Albanians or the darker people from the south. It's the same everywhere.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been reading about how people claim Australians are hypocrites with regard to the George Floyd matter.

By are Australians hypocrites or are the indigenous their own worst enemy?

Living in Sydney we largely assimilate, it's a multi cultural city a d for the most part we get along

But a few years back I went out to WA Karratha and Port Hedland for work. My role was to hire someone to run a shop out there.

In the hotel they don't me not to venture out at night as the indigenous would knock my teeth out, rob me or maybe even kill me

I thought it was a joke but they were very serious. It was a very us vs them mentality. The hotel was basically a locked compound to keep the indigenous out.

Business out there were required to meet a quota of indigenous workers and they could not hire any more workers as they could never meet their indigenous quota. The indigenous workers would last a day or two as they believed working 5 days was just unreasonable

During the day I attended a local shopping centre and two indigenous men were brawling on the ground. I stopped to watch and they both stopped fighting and threatened me .. I walked away and they just looked at each other and continued brawling. Other shoppers were oblivious to it. Seemed normal to them

There was a huge drinking problem in indigenous communities, suburbs would ban sales of alcohol to indigenous people and they would pack up and move to other places where alcohol was available

This was the same at both Karratha and Port Hedland..

It was all a real eye opener, I never thought there was such a divide but it absolutely exists.

Anywhere you wanted to build you needed clearance from Aboriginal elders and they would make some pretty ridiculous claims how it was sacred land. Some stick they would find in the area proved it was sacred land. U shaped buildings around such special Aboriginal spots were built as the elders made a big stink about it

I left with the impression these indigenous communities didn't want to help themselves, they wanted a monetary handout but didn't want to contribute anything. Just live wild and drink

So when Australians are called hypocrites I'm not so sure that is true.
You're seeing the symptom, not the cause. It goes very deep; and part of it is the fact that we have ignored the real problems facing our indigenous people who still live on their tribal land. Governments have simply thrown money at the problem, but too many shysters and crooks have been getting in the way of the cash flow.

There hasn't been enough focus on the education of young people, or giving them apprenticeships, where they can learn a trade and a bit of work discipline. I spend a bit of time hosting tours in Far Western Qld, and the Gulf; and the Indigenous people there are way different from the ones I've encountered in the Northern Territory - they are hard working and energetic, but with a more relaxed way of doing things. The people who run Mossman Gorge are the best operators, and friendly people you could want to meet.

As a bit of a segue, I've been working in the Redfern area for decades. My friends in Bankstown ask me "Isn't it dangerous walking around Redfern at night?" The indigenous people I meet at Redfern ask me, "Isn't it dangerous going to Bankstown, alone at night?" So we have common ground.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I once returned home to catch a 17 year old Aboriginal kid trying to break into my house. Grabbed him.. I thought to myself I can either kill him or if I don't he will know where I live.

So I dragged him kicking and screaming to his own house. He lived a few streets away. I thought I'll hand him over to his mum and if anything happens again I'll come directly to his house for a square up

I thought his mum would thank me for not beating him up but she went ballistic at me, get your hands off my son, I told her what happened and she told me the story before he did.. he was just going to catch the bus? At my back window about three houses from the bus stop? Then she started screaming that because he's Aboriginal I was picking on him

I called the police with his details, they raced to my house within 5 mins.. told me he is a little shit who keeps breaking into houses but because he's 17 we can't do much.. they were real frustrated with him.

They told me on the quiet that if I had have broken some bones they would have written their report "appropriately"... They asked me to break some bones should I see him again.
Where do you live? I've had a few break ins at my place in Forster, with the same result from the police. Had to put bars on all the windows.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Below is a copy and paste, not my own words.

But i found it interesting reading and worthy of kennel discussion.

BLACK PRIVILEGE – How It Works The great Martin Luther King said, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.” How disappointed Martin Luther King would be today if he could see how white-majority skinned people, who identify as black, have unashamedly hijacked the culture and welfare of darker skinned people for their own social, political and financial benefits. It’s called ‘Black Privilege’ - more prevalent and sinister than ‘White Privilege’. When you consider the privileges bestowed on those who identify as ‘black’, is it any wonder so many mostly light-skinned folk choose to jump on the ‘Black Privilege’ gravy train? Identifying as a black person means you don’t have to work, but rather to rest on the sweat of others for your selected lazy lifestyle. Around $36 Billion is spent on aboriginals annually, including child protection services (30%) for around 3% of the population. The total welfare budget is around $190 Billion. So 3% of the population receives a whopping 18% of the welfare budget. That’s Black Privilege. These largely white skinned people are often seen at rallies, demanding non-aboriginals who have worked long hours to save a deposit for a block of land or a house surrender that land to them because these people claim it to be ‘stolen land’, despite nobody today stealing any land from anyone today. That’s Black Privilege. They demand special recognition in the Constitution, despite more than 120 other races residing in Australia. That’s Black Privilege. They demand a voice in Parliament even though there already are democratically elected Members of Parliament in all major parties representing the ‘voice’ of just 3% of the population. That’s Black Privilege. They demand and receive special employment status, where only aborigines can apply for certain jobs (no whites allowed) or use certain rooms (no whites allowed) which if reversed, would rightly be called out as workplace discrimination. Employers are paid wage subsidies to hire aborigines, funded largely by taxes from hard working non-aborigines, not available for the hiring of non-aborigines. That’s Black Privilege. Aboriginal white activists demand non-aboriginals ‘Close the Gap’ while they create division by demanding special status, treatment and benefits not available to non-aborigines. That’s Black Privilege. Mostly white activist aboriginals demand ‘Reconciliation’ underpinned by a national ‘Reconciliation Plan’, while actively plotting to create national ‘Segregation’. That’s Black Privilege. Mostly white activists demanded we change the name from Ayers Rock to Uluru, then banned non-aboriginals from climbing the rock. Non aboriginals again were treated as second class citizens. That’s Black Privilege. There are countless more examples of Black Privilege. Have a look at the people driving these divisive agendas. What do you notice? They’re largely of white majority skin tone. Many are far from being true aborigines. They jump on the benefits of being aboriginal, because it means they don’t have to work for a living. There’s an American proverb that says, ‘The squeaky wheel gets the oil’, embraced by lazy Australian white activists. The louder they shout, the more rallies they attend, the bigger the banners, the more money the government throws at them. That’s Black Privilege. The pendulum has swung so much the other way, that Martin Luther King’s historic words now read, “My four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but by the colour of their skin.” This is not a reflection on the true aborigines, the majority black indigenous of Australia. Many do not have the sophistication or aspiration to rip off the system. They are true to their aboriginal roots and cultures. The whiter the blood, the more cunning and sinister the motivation to live off their ‘black identity’. That means never having to lift a finger to do an honest day’s work in exchange for an honest day’s pay. That’s Black Privilege. So what is White Privilege? White Privilege is studying hard for long hours to qualify for a job, so you can sweat to earn enough money to pay for property which Black Privilege then demands is theirs so you can hand to them for free. No. Hang on. That’s Black Privilege.
Paul Zanetti is a Murdoch employee. This reads like something from the One Nation handbook.

A helping hand to people is not "privilege". I've met plenty of hard working, highly educated indigenous people.

It's not hard to find examples of white trash, sitting on their arses, keyboard warriors, taking their disability welfare handouts as their right ,while whinging about "bludgers".

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Zanetti is a Murdoch employee. This reads like something from the One Nation handbook.

A helping hand to people is not "privilege". I've met plenty of hard working, highly educated indigenous people.

It's not hard to find examples of white trash, sitting on their arses, keyboard warriors, taking their disability welfare handouts as their right ,while whinging about "bludgers".
Completly agree mate.
Dont take the quote the wrong way.
I posted it as it does outline the good help provided to the Aboriginal people as a bit of balance to those that just want to run a negative hate on Australia.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly where did i express that any racism is acceptable? I asked why the moral standards are applied to mainly western countries..while human rights violations go unquestioned..because it is deemed "a cultural thing" or under the guise of religion.

Last edited: