Apparently Benji Marshall is being shopped around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Should we go after?

He is better than what we have now.

EDIT: He isnt the best half but on his day can be a weapon.

Marshall victim of Dragons' cash flow problems

The Dragons are offering Benji Marshall to rival clubs – on the quiet.

Benji has another year to go on his rich deal with the club and the Dragons would be happy to see a rival club take him off their hands next season.

The former Tigers pin-up boy has improved his form in recent weeks and took out man of the match honours in the Dragons’ big win over the Bulldogs – but is still struggling in key areas of his game.

Even with the Dragons willing to pay some of his wage, it’s doubtful any other NRL club will be willing to take Marshall off their hands given the big dollars he is on.

The Dragons are still sorting out a salary cap mess from recent seasons and cutting the Kiwi ace loose would free up some much-needed funds.

Club officials know they need to sign new blood to be a force in 2016 – but can’t do so at the moment as they have so little room to move under the cap

Last edited by a moderator:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely not!

HELLO!!! We made the bloody GF last year.... anyone remember that?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If dragons are willing to pay part of his contract than im all for it. Marshall has more talent and creativity in his left testicle than both our halves combined. Just depends on the money transfer and needs to come this year not 2016.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Marshall behind our pack would be amazing.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If dragons are willing to pay part of his contract than im all for it. Marshall has more talent and creativity in his left testicle than both our halves combined. Just depends on the money transfer and needs to come this year not 2016.
I'd rather him over hodshitson and Reynolds any day

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather him over hodshitson and Reynolds any day
At the right price e.g 400-500k sure for this year and maybe next.

He still has a decent kicking, running and passing game which is something we need.

His defense is woeful though we could cover alot of that with Jackson/Morris near by.

He would be hungry to win a title again before hanging them up and behind a pack like ours with Morris bro's, Lafai, Rona etc he would go pretty well I reckon.

Only reason I'd say no if it's like 800k or 3 years or so.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was offered to us before the Dragons and we said no..

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have become a bit desperate.
No we haven't... we only lost 2 games of which one of them we had half of our team (our main strike powers and some of our best players )out... It's not as bad as we are making it out to be...

remember 3 weeks ago we mounted the biggest comeback against the Tigers...

Our halves are out of form, but things are not that gloomy as much as some are making them out to be... People need to chill the Phuck out...

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
No we haven't... we only lost 2 games of which one of them we had half of our team (our main strike powers and some of our best players )out... It's not as bad as we are making it out to be...

remember 3 weeks ago we mounted the biggest comeback against the Tigers...

Our halves are out of form, but things are not that gloomy as much as some are making them out to be... People need to chill the Phuck out...
Yes I know. But we need some excitement in attack. We are pretty boring. Benji has the talent to spark something from nothing. I think this is what we are after. We havent had anything like this since 2012.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know. But we need some excitement in attack. We are pretty boring. Benji has the talent to spark something from nothing. I think this is what we are after. We havent had anything like this since 2012.
I don't believe so.. I think we had excitement in attack when we fielded full strength side including BMoz...

I think what Marshal may offer in attack, lacks a lot in defence..

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
And people laughed at me for saying bring keating back (even though I was joking) haha this must be another gee up

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I don't believe so.. I think we had excitement in attack when we fielded full strength side including BMoz...

I think what Marshal may offer in attack, lacks a lot in defence..
Yes yes true. Forgot about Brett Morris. LOL im an idiot.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
even at full strength this year and Halves in good form, we still cant score tries and dont have the Xfactor halves that can get us over the line and the Elusive premiership. The proof in that is 3 semis 2 grand finals, 2 shit halfbacks, we need clutch plays to win the big games...
Benji would give us the Xfactor we lack and behind our forward pack with help from Mbye/reynolds would make us that more complete and Dangerous.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
even at full strength this year and Halves in good form, we still cant score tries and dont have the Xfactor halves that can get us over the line and the Elusive premiership. The proof in that is 3 semis 2 grand finals, 2 shit halfbacks, we need clutch plays to win the big games...
Benji would give us the Xfactor we lack and behind our forward pack with help from Mbye/reynolds would make us that more complete and Dangerous.
See , I some what agree with this.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
benji was shit at the tigers, he has looked allot better now but will he be any good next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.