ANZAC day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have a happy and safe ANZAC day.
Enjoy yourselves, but remember what the day is about.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Have a happy and safe ANZAC day.
Enjoy yourselves, but remember what the day is about.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
Well said mate but spewing no long weekend lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will always appreciate that they fought for our democracy but its kind of sad I have to stand up for it in the modern era alone.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same old militants expecting me to live under continuous monitoring like a naughty kid, the cops are trying an illegal experimental precedent and its my job to make sure it fails, for the good of democracy, we are free people.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haven't missed a service in over 20 years, first time I attended my local at Panania and must say it was well done and geez it was a big crowd.

Had my 3 daughters there and I hope they carry on long after I'm gone.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm watching the Brisbane March on tv. was supposed to go to see my uncle, a signalman in Vietnam march but am carrying a minor injury.

It's great to see the old diggers in uniform and by and large the family members dressing respectfully and wearing the medals of their forefathers.

But I am a bit niggled by the atrocious dress code of some. I even saw a guy in pink trainers ffs. How hard is it to put on a suit?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven't missed a service in over 20 years, first time I attended my local at Panania and must say it was well done and geez it was a big crowd.

Had my 3 daughters there and I hope they carry on long after I'm gone.
Took my little fella to his first one.
I reckon all of helensburgh was there.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But I am a bit niggled by the atrocious dress code of some. I even saw a guy in pink trainers ffs. How hard is it to put on a suit?
I wore my ugg boots to the local dawn service.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wore my ugg boots to the local dawn service.
Probably not a drama if you weren't part of the official ceremony.

There were some shockers in the march though. Ugg boots wouldn't have looked too bad next to the kid in pink trainers or people wearing double denim tbh.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably not a drama if you weren't part of the official ceremony.

There were some shockers in the march though. Ugg boots wouldn't have looked too bad next to the kid in pink trainers or people wearing double denim tbh.
Yea, I agree it's disrespectful to dress like a bogan if you're taking part in the March.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont agree with people having a happy day though, this is a day to be humble

i remember when the fanatics went to the dawn service in gallipoli, i think they meant well but now i hope people are more thoughtful

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont agree with people having a happy day though, this is a day to be humble

i remember when the fanatics went to the dawn service in gallipoli, i think they meant well but now i hope people are more thoughtful
Didnt a bunch of backpackers go there one time and basically had a party and afterwards the place was trashed like music concert?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Went to the ceremony at my daughters primary school last week and was blown away by the respect shown by the kids and the way in which they responded to the ex servicemen that attended as representatives of the RSL.
It always brings a tear to my eye when they play the last post and I always show the proper respect that it is due.It is a time for reflection and rememberence.
Some people these days cannot understand why we remember something that happened 100 years ago, a time when so many young men who had their whole lives ahead of them made the ultimate sacrifice. Just watch the men and women and their descendants who march in honour of those who never came home and you can see why.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Didnt a bunch of backpackers go there one time and basically had a party and afterwards the place was trashed like music concert?
if thats true then i sort of wish that the bad guys had won the war and enslaved us with harsh discipline tbh including no parties

Went to the ceremony at my daughters primary school last week and was blown away by the respect shown by the kids and the way in which they responded to the ex servicemen that attended as representatives of the RSL.
It always brings a tear to my eye when they play the last post and I always show the proper respect that it is due.It is a time for reflection and rememberence.
Some people these days cannot understand why we remember something that happened 100 years ago, a time when so many young men who had their whole lives ahead of them made the ultimate sacrifice. Just watch the men and women and their descendants who march in honour of those who never came home and you can see why.
how long do you think this thing would last though? like 100 years from now is there still going to be an anzac day?

Status
Not open for further replies.