Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANZ Stadium To Slash NRL Ticket Prices And Food Sold At Games In 2018
Home games just got cheaper
05/02/2018
Getty

Fans of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Parramatta Eels and Wests Tigers can look forward to cheaper ticket prices this year thanks to a joint initiative between the four clubs and ANZ Stadium.

The move is aimed at making attending matches a more affordable, family friendly exercise and will see fans of the NRL clubs who play their home games at ANZ given access to $20 tickets.

In addition, Doggies, Souths, Eels and Tigers members will have "free admission to all away matches in which their team is playing at ANZ Stadium".

Under the initiative, children under 12 will have free entry and family passes will be available for the 33 regular season matches involving the four clubs for just $40.

Food and drink prices will also drop - a burger meal now costing $10 - and each ticket will include free travel to and from the game.

With the Eels moving from Parramatta while their new stadium is under construction, fans will now have plenty of opportunity to take advantage of a number of local derbies at Olympic Stadium across the 2018 season.

"Our aim is to make it easier and more affordable for fans to attend matches - and these matches should go a long way to doing that," NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said on Monday.

"This is a real example of clubs working together to get the best result for the fans and the game."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Slashing the prices doesn't mean adult tickets for $20 and a burger for $10. That's not much less than normal price.

Slashing the prices means adult tickets for $10 and a burger for $5.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Slashing the prices doesn't mean adult tickets for $20 and a burger for $10. That's not much less than normal price.

Slashing the prices means adult tickets for $10 and a burger for $5.
It's a burger meal dude and the tickets are half price. Doesn't matter if you don't go though does it.....May as well be free.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re listening to the fans and doing the right thing, well done!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a burger meal dude and the tickets are half price. Doesn't matter if you don't go though does it.....May as well be free.
Well no... have a think about my comment for a second, because it was quite sarcastic/tongue in cheek (though in fairness that is hard to get across online).

The tickets are food are HUGELY overpriced to begin with..

Would be like having $100 tickets, and $30 burgers and saying "WE ARE SLASHING PRICES!!!"

At the end of the day $50 for a ticket and $15 for a burger would still be considered expensive.

Thus my point.

Plus remember ANZ is getting a complete rebuild (from memory) from ground up. So they'll just let the place completely run down and not spend a cent on it up to that point.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well no... have a think about my comment for a second, because it was quite sarcastic/tongue in cheek (though in fairness that is hard to get across online).

The tickets are food are HUGELY overpriced to begin with..

Would be like having $100 tickets, and $30 burgers and saying "WE ARE SLASHING PRICES!!!"

At the end of the day $50 for a ticket and $15 for a burger would still be considered expensive.

Thus my point.

Plus remember ANZ is getting a complete rebuild (from memory) from ground up. So they'll just let the place completely run down and not spend a cent on it up to that point.
Mate I go to all our home games plus the SOO so I know what it costs and what condition the stadium is in. It's not getting knocked down because of its condition, its getting knocked down because of its design. I'm not sure how when you make a relatively straightforward statement you could expect someone to think it sarcasm but in any event if the average wage in 1980 was $25k and today it is $75k then it is all relevant isn't it? And......if you don't go it still costs the same no matter what the year.....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have any of you tasted the food there?

Wouldn't spend a cent on it

Reactions: DT

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have any of you tasted the food there?

Wouldn't spend a cent on it
Every time I go. Fills the hole - that's all it has to do and the kids are happy. I like it at SOO when they put the food stalls out the front. Get some interesting feeds then......My usual MO is to go up to the Bulldogs Bar have a wine or a beer or two while I'm waiting for the others to turn up then go down to our seats when FG is getting ready. Might have a roll or a burger if it is cold and go and watch the footy. I'm not there for the restaurant experience so it doesn't bother me. With all my tribe I probably get through about $100 worth of food every game. But they go home happy and I can worry about good food on another day.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every time I go. Fills the hole - that's all it has to do and the kids are happy. I like it at SOO when they put the food stalls out the front. Get some interesting feeds then......My usual MO is to go up to the Bulldogs Bar have a wine or a beer or two while I'm waiting for the others to turn up then go down to our seats when FG is getting ready. Might have a roll or a burger if it is cold and go and watch the footy. I'm not there for the restaurant experience so it doesn't bother me. With all my tribe I probably get through about $100 worth of food every game. But they go home happy and I can worry about good food on another day.
I had a "cheeseburger" once. Ffs threw up after the first bite

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a "cheeseburger" once. Ffs threw up after the first bite
Never had one of those but have had the normal one. Not a memorable experience but then again sadly over the past couple of years neither has the footy.... My view is there is a time and place where what you are eating is important and you should be discerning but there are other times when it just has to do its job and the footy is one of those places. All else fails there is always the pie and sausage roll.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never had one of those but have had the normal one. Not a memorable experience but then again sadly over the past couple of years neither has the footy.... My view is there is a time and place where what you are eating is important and you should be discerning but there are other times when it just has to do its job and the footy is one of those places. All else fails there is always the pie and sausage roll.
I usually resort to the sausage rolls or meat pies

Or alternatively just get pissed

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually just hit the Turkish pop up shop and smash a spinach gozleme. Safest thing you can find there and you get a good amount for the $.

Also glad to hear ticket prices have dropped. However they’ll no doubt be the shit seats behind the goals.

Reactions: DT

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anybody know if our Bulldog Memberships include public transport to games ?

Because If you can purchase a ticket for $20 and it includes transport then i think we as members deserve free transport to the games too

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope they include a mass of oursider food franchises like they do when you go to the NFL inside with the rebuild. Would be shit ton better, and not just the stall of krispy kreames give us a Dominos and Maccas with seat delivery service 8-)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Last hurrah before the stadium is demolished?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I hope they include a mass of oursider food franchises like they do when you go to the NFL inside with the rebuild. Would be shit ton better, and not just the stall of krispy kreames give us a Dominos and Maccas with seat delivery service 8-)
They need to allow food trucks inside the stadium... that Greek St place at Easter Show was amazing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anybody know if our Bulldog Memberships include public transport to games ?

Because If you can purchase a ticket for $20 and it includes transport then i think we as members deserve free transport to the games too
Yes they do. And still people will whinge about how expensive it is. Take a peanut butter sandwich a bottle of water and the family gets a day out for less than $80, transport included.

Status
Not open for further replies.