News Anything Chinese

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I buy hifi gear from reputable Chinese manufacturers. They are high quality, hand assembled products - beautifully made; and a third the price I'd pay if they were made in Italy, the USA, Britain, or Australia.

What we're seeing with China is what we've seen in Japan, Taiwan, Korea. As they gain markets, their standard of living also rises; until they are paying more for their own labour than a cheaper country. Gradually, the manufacturing sector does what we did, and offshores the labour, keeping the Head Office at home. Some third world country will become the next manufacturing giant, until it becomes too wealthy - then the cycle will start up again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's why we should never let unions die off in this country. We've already seen penalty rates taken away from the hospitality industry. Most people outside the hospitality industry seem to have bought into the idea that restaurants can't survive while paying penalty rates. But don't realise it's step 1 along the way to giving employers in every industry the power to fuck their employees over.

I spent about a year working 14+ hours a day 5 days a week and about 6-7 hours on saturdays. But that was between 2 jobs. nearly killed me though in the truest sense. I had a half hour drive to and from my morning job. About a week before I gave up the night job I almost went off the road during a brief nap doing about 100km/hr. I'm pretty sure the sound of my car belting through one of those white plastic reflector poles on the side of the road woke me up from the snooze and the fact that I was not happy even though I was earning pretty good money at the time.
Sound advice re unions.

We'd still have 8 year olds working in mines and factories, and atrocious working conditions, if not for unions.
minerai14.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gubberment notes predilection for purple flowers. Microchip will be reprogrammed accordingly :-).
Lol it was very nice there today, had to leave the coast to many tourists so caught train down had breakfast at the fishmarkets and a wander through the gardens, was going to do some spotting but weather shit ,did go to hobbyco and spot some model planes. And spotted this tiny Asian with a cracking rack

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol it was very nice there today, had to leave the coast to many tourists so caught train down had breakfast at the fishmarkets and a wander through the gardens, was going to do some spotting but weather shit ,did go to hobbyco and spot some model planes. And spotted this tiny Asian with a cracking rack
I can always appreciate a petite Asian girl with a cracking rack ;)

Sorry, that's all I took away from all you had to say there :laughing:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Photos of said tiny Asian? You wouldn't mind doing a bit of jail-time for your Kennel brothers! Thanks in advance lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Lol I was to dumbfounded they were fucking massive ,she looked like she was built for sin
Good girl!
I saw a smoking hot African lady the other day, she had high-beams that would of put a Kenworth to shame.
I could've walked into a crocodile pit and I wouldn't of even realised I was staring at those suckers like Rothfield would at a bottle of red. And probably drooling like that imbecile as well.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good girl!
I saw a smoking hot African lady the other day, she had high-beams that would of put a Kenworth to shame.
I could've walked into a crocodile pit and I wouldn't of even realised I was staring at those suckers like Rothfield would at a bottle of red. And probably drooling like that imbecile as well.
Yeah some of those Africans have big jugs and I don't mean the ones they carry on their head