Anyone else getting calls from 02 9191 1626?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
02 9191 1626

I have received several calls from this number over the past three days. When I answer, the call immediately disconnects.

I did some googling and found that it is probably related to my Bulldogs membership (marketing/research):

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0291911626 (Page 2)

Anyone else been getting these calls?

Sonny Dayz

4th Gen doggies fan
Reaction score
02 9191 1626

I have received several calls from this number over the past three days. When I answer, the call immediately disconnects.

I did some googling and found that it is probably related to my Bulldogs membership (marketing/research):

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0291911626 (Page 2)

Anyone else been getting these calls?

It's market research conducted by "Bulldogs Bet". They just asked me a couple of questions about membership satisfaction and if I bet. When I said no, they politely said goodbye. I imagine you'd cop the sales spiel if you said you do like a bet.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh, ive been copping those calls as well.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
They have been calling the essendon club to about bets

I received my second call from this number today. This time there was someone actually there! Told me they were a corporate partner of the Essendon Football Club, and that they wanted me to sign up to BomberBet. The reception on the call was awful, which made me question how legitimate it was... there was something a bit strange about it that's for sure.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Recieved that call on Monday. Told them no and they politely went away

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
I received it a couple of times but it disconnected as soon as I answered

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been copping those calls for over a week, Theyve woken me up twice seems to hang up every time fkn annoying.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
4 people have made reference to "copping it".

Is it that difficult to deal with? :p

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I just copped a text from the Bulldogs for 2012 membership. I haven't been a member since 2009. olols

Leave me alone, ffs.

bulldogchook

MR BULLDOG
Reaction score
Yep started last fri arvo get 1 every day they hang up when i answer NOT VERY GOOD MARKETING

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's market research conducted by "Bulldogs Bet". They just asked me a couple of questions about membership satisfaction and if I bet. When I said no, they politely said goodbye. I imagine you'd cop the sales spiel if you said you do like a bet.
I got a call too + I was asked if there was anything that I felt needed to be improved for 2012, Good question I thought!!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Yeah me too.

What's wrong with this country and all the betting marketing over the last few years. It's getting ridiculous. Gambling is going to be a massive problem when our kids become adults. It's started already with a lot of 18-20 yr olds I know. When I was 18 all I wanted to do was go out clubbing and pick up girls, not friggn' go to the TAB!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i got my first one today. Hadnt checked into it yet, just saw the missed call number when at work. So thats what it is, about Bulldogs membership? I can delete it. I will join for 2012 without the call. I always join.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
they ask something like 4 questions:

1) How many games do you go usually per year

2) From 1 to 10 how do you rate the bulldog memberships

3) From 1 to 10 how likely are you to renew your membership in 2012

4) Something about some betting agency associated with the dogs and whether you use it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have I been contacted?

Well so far 3 missed calls and 4 SMS messages.

So the answer is "annoyingly yes"

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess the telemarketing campaign is not well received. A bit of a fail. Why dont they just put a poll on the website if they want market research, people hate being called randomly + unsolicited by anybody.

Telemarketing is a tried and failed way to make get your message across or to get market research. There are better and more modern ways to do things. Someone in marketing should go stand in the naughty corner. And DONT come out till i say so.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yep, getting them too. Noone ever on the line when I speak

Status
Not open for further replies.