Anybody Vape?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They were trying to ban imports but because of a backlash they cancelled it.

Now they're trying to ban it again on January 1st
Are you certain about that bud? I thought it was done and dusted and the law was passed to make it illegal. Can you cite an article saying where it is still legal to import nicotine vape juice please would love to view it for my own knowledge.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see they are getting more and more popular these days.

Was talking to an old bloke while waiting for my doctor today and he had one. He reckons you can get some with nicotine and even CBD, which he uses. He said it helps with pain and heart health.

Are they any good? Would you get the benefits of CBD through a vape?
Why vape when you can sniff cocaine? Never understood it personally.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see they are getting more and more popular these days.

Was talking to an old bloke while waiting for my doctor today and he had one. He reckons you can get some with nicotine and even CBD, which he uses. He said it helps with pain and heart health.

Are they any good? Would you get the benefits of CBD through a vape?
Never smoked. My father was an 80 a day man, and it killed him at age 57.
I normally spend a bit of time in Europe, doing guided tours, and vaping is very popular there. They're into all sorts of flavours, so it smells like perfumed CO2. Better than having cigarette smoke blown in your face all day, but still unpleasant.

Whether it is better for smokers, I can't say; and there is insufficient evidence yet to say if it is harmful. I just don't like getting people's second hand smoke, regardless.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you certain about that bud? I thought it was done and dusted and the law was passed to make it illegal. Can you cite an article saying where it is still legal to import nicotine vape juice please would love to view it for my own knowledge.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seriously, I have up the darts many years ago and don’t smoke weed snymore either. Never really got into the vape. Although I sampled a little weed through a vape on New Year’s Eve many moons ago.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd think the smart thing big tobacco would do was sell their own vapes... would crush the little guys instantly.
Yep. And they've started doing that. But they still don't want them fully legal as it adds a lot more competition.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought about vaping when I decided to give up the cigarettes, but just went cold turkey. Not once have I even thought about having a smoke since. This is where I am at as of today.

View attachment 18871
I gave up about 10 years ago. Used nicotine patches but it was still a complete bitch to do.

Side note, don't leave the patch on when you go to sleep unless you want some weird arse dreams.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gave up about 10 years ago. Used nicotine patches but it was still a complete bitch to do.

Side note, don't leave the patch on when you go to sleep unless you want some weird arse dreams.
Yeah I thought I'd need patches or nicotine gum or something to help me out but I just went cold turkey and found it quite easy to be honest. I thought I'd struggle when going out and drinking alcohol but again, I didn't even worry about needing or having to smoke. I was very determined to kick the habit so I think that helped. I honestly can't even stand the smell of cigarettes now.

Yes I heard that patches can give you some weird dreams. I have weird dreams normally without having it aided by something lol.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you broke open a a vape and seen the inside ? its pretty much smoking a battery cant be good for you at all..smoke dope it’s natural

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used mylee from Canada pod system honestly much better than Juul or Vaping.

I like more than smoking the last 18 months been been darts free.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Take heed from a man who if he smoked would have died as a young man on the rugby field.. Don’t pollute your lungs..it may save your life one day..

I’ll say too..as guy who was on a ventilator.. enjoy the air.. it was beautiful the first time i breathed it again..even after breathing pure oxygen.. Don’t pollute em.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Take heed from a man who if he smoked would have died as a young man on the rugby field.. Don’t polite your lungs..it may save your life one day..

I’ll say too..as guy who was a ventilator.. enjoy the air.. it was beautiful the first time i breathed it again..even after breathing pure oxygen.. Don’t pollute em.
Take it from another man who didn't smoke till later in life. I started when I was 22 after I was forced to quit football (broke my right ankle for the second time). I quit cold turkey when I got sick in 2012.

When my ticker was at its largest (34cm wide and 32cm tall), I had 3% use of my right lung and 1.7% use of my left lung. The professors were preparing a heart AND double lung transplant, what made it worse is that my donors lungs were not compatible with me even though his heart was.

So I was meant to get the heart transplant, be put in a coma on a respirator/ventilator until suitable lungs were found.

BUT the second they removed my heart, my lungs both expanded back to normal thank God, they said because my lungs are healthy. So basically, footy saved my life.

PS I actually cried tears of joy the second I woke up as I could fill my lungs with air and breathe normally for the first time in 5 years.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. And they've started doing that. But they still don't want them fully legal as it adds a lot more competition.
Hack I'm doing my own research on CBD, what's your take on it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
an 80 a day man
Wow - assuming being awake for 15 hours per day that’s a dart about every 20min. Apart from the health reality they would’ve been cheap then. I gave up when they were ~$5/pack. Knowing a packet is $35-50 these days is enough to bring on the heart palpitations!

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was very determined to kick the habit.
Agree mate. You have to be ready. I failed once or twice but when I was serious it was different. That was 20 years ago and I haven’t had a dart since. Used to have the very occasional cigar but stopped that too. The only smoke that gets near my lungs today is the occasional shisha when I’m at a Lebanese restaurant and even then it’s not always. Keep going - love how there’s an app for that too :-).