Any players that are behind the disgraceful act of disloyalty of Money Bill $illiams

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

This is a very big call of mine, but in times like this we need to stand united be behind the club, no one is bigger than the club lets get this fact straight.
If any player comes out in the media and supports what Money Bill has done, they should also be sacked.
As i said, it is a big call, but every player now has to stand united behind the bulldogs and support Greenburg.Every player should and always honour a contract and play for the team not themselves. it is team sport, we play for each other.
this might cause some controversy on here, but i really feel strong on this matter, and any player supporting Money Bill would be a direct slap in the face to the administration and the club.If Sonny is able to get away with this then every contract signed in the NRL is basically null and void if a player moves to union.

M

mofo sixx

ffs has anyone "besides weedler, mundane etc" come out in support of him?

cut our boys some slack ffs , yea fair enough if they did come out in support of him your post may be appropriate but when they havent, its just un-necessary, stop trying to make matters worse

C

chipandchase

ffs has anyone "besides weedler, mundane etc" come out in support of him?

cut our boys some slack ffs , yea fair enough if they did come out in support of him your post may be appropriate but when they havent, its just un-necessary, stop trying to make matters worse
basically Tonga did come out and support him

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Gate shut to Williams: captain

BULLDOGS captain Andrew Ryan concedes that Sonny Bill Williams has played his last game for the club.

While the Bulldogs and the NRL were talking tough yesterday about taking legal action to ensure Williams honours his five-year contract, Ryan could not see any way back to the NRL for his team-mate.

"I don't really know what's going to happen but it would probably seem that way at the moment," Ryan said.

"Obviously he doesn't have any intention to play with the Bulldogs."

Ryan was like most of the first-grade team, finding out via phone calls on Saturday night that Williams had fled the country to accept a two-year, $2.6million-plus deal with French rugby union club Toulon.

The Bulldogs backrower said he had spoken to several of Williams' close friends in the side, including Reni Maitua, Daryl Millard, Willie Tonga and Ben Roberts, to glean if they had inside knowledge.

"I just want him to be happy but at this stage I can't make any comment because the club has asked us not to speak," Maitua said.

The Australian has been told only two players know the real reason behind Williams' decision but are not about to break their silence just yet.

That position could change this week if they feel that Williams is being unfairly vilified in the media.

Regardless of what happens, Ryan said Williams would have a lot of wounds to heal if he ever returned to the NRL.

"It would take a lot. He's hurt a lot of us," Ryan said bluntly. "We'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it but we'll see."

Ryan said most players felt particularly betrayed by Williams' decision to walk out on the club, especially as the season isn't over.

The Bulldogs are in second last place with seven rounds to go and face St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium tonight.

Without their best player, the Bulldogs face a real battle to avoid the wooden spoon given they are only four points clear of last-placed North Queensland which will soon have Test halfback Johnathan Thurston back from a knee injury.

"We've still got seven weeks to go and we still want to bust our butts and work as hard as we can," Ryan said.

"It would be a different story if at the end of the season he'd gone to the players or the club and said, 'I'm struggling, I want a bit of a change and I've got a great opportunity'.

"But to leave us where we are at the moment without telling anyone is very hard to swallow.

"For him to do that at this stage of the season and to the club that has given him a lot is very disappointing."

Williams' decision continued to send shockwaves across the game yesterday.

Former Bulldogs team-mates turned Sydney Roosters, Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley, both refused to enter the debate following their win over Manly at the SFS.

However, Roosters coach Brad Fittler said he couldn't excuse Williams' actions.

"He's walked out on a lot of people," Fittler said.

"I find it quite disappointing. I'd be quite disappointed if one of our players did it for whatever reason.

"I couldn't find a strong enough reason for his actions.

"His talent and his drawcard, everything about is a big loss to rugby league, no doubt in the world."

Roosters captain Craig Fitzgibbon indicated there must be more to the story.

"It must have been a horrible reason behind the scenes at the club as to why he's so dirty on the Bulldogs," Fitzgibbon said.

"I guess we just have to move on if he doesn't want to be there, but in saying that I can't recall another player as talented.

"It is to be hoped there can be some resolution to this issue. There's only ever been one Sonny Bill."

Manly coach Des Hasler described the walkout as unfortunate.

"One of my players wouldn't do it," Hasler said.

"Obviously the right people in the right positions will take the stance that's needed."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24086314-5012431,00.html
Read the bold part.

C

chipandchase

yea fair enouh maitua just wants him to be happy ,

i think if anyone had any inkling that he was gonna do this then a suspension would be in order ,
yes i agree if those 2 players know then they should come forward, otherwise they are supporting Money Bill and not the club.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you cant sack players because they wont hurt their friend...

sonny stabbed them in the back (maybe) doesnt mean they are the type to do the same thing...

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
ill tell you all the real reason its about
bulldogs $400.000 a year
toulon $1.5 mil a year
difference
$ 1.1 mil extra a year for less busting your guts out

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How did this thread get 70 000 views in an hour???

swaney

Waterboy
Reaction score
sonny bill williams is nothing but a liar,hypocrite and a tramp

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sack maitua.
\

F45k oath. He knows something. He has been the biggest girl all year, he has made a bigger impact at the pubs then on the field.

Earlier in the year he has a big cry about people on here talking about him leaving and his message on my space, then turns arounda few months later and says.. yeah i did ask for a release... like WTF.

He's a selfish wanna be gand banger who deserves a good flogging.

In my 30 years, I have never disliked any Bulldogs player the way I do him. There is just something really dodgy about him.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never thought football players were overly bright. But this proves it further. Hes screwed you guys over too? or maybe you cant see that? he didnt care enough to say goodbye to his teammates or friends and to me that shows what kind of person he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.