Any "Lawnies" out there?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While not as obsessed as some I know, I do like to keep my lawns looking good. The weather is killing me and the mower, every time I walk into the shed it starts cringing in the corner. I'm three times a fortnight at the moment. Clover is the bane of my existence, but with the help of a few litres of Bin-Die, I'm getting on top of it again. Clover is the only shit that grows in the winter here. By this time of year it's a full on trench warfare to get rid of it. If anyone has a better tip for getting rid of clover I'm all ears.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
While not as obsessed as some I know, I do like to keep my lawns looking good. The weather is killing me and the mower, every time I walk into the shed it starts cringing in the corner. I'm three times a fortnight at the moment. Clover is the bane of my existence, but with the help of a few litres of Bin-Die, I'm getting on top of it again. Clover is the only shit that grows in the winter here. By this time of year it's a full on trench warfare to get rid of it. If anyone has a better tip for getting rid of clover I'm all ears.
If you piss me off I’ll send you some winter grass. You’ll never get rid of that shit haha

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you piss me off I’ll send you some winter grass. You’ll never get rid of that shit haha
Had a little Google search.. So that’s what that pain in the ass is called!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Lawns - can't say enough good things about them. A nice soft place to sleep after a night on the turps, for sure.
Done a few of those impromptu luxury night stays but I found face down all night your nose gets a bit itchy from the grass and it’s early check out when the mums with kids get there because it is a public park I guess but a good coach grass can’t go wrong for a post kebab didn’t quite make it home nap.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Three times a fortnight? I live in Queensland would never consider mowing that often (but having said that my neighbour is a once a weeker).

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee I used to love mowing the lawn for my mum..leaving a nice green spongy finish and getting those edges just right for her.. Did the hedge too..last thing I promised her I’d do before i left that morning..the hedge..

Beautiful out there on a nice warm day.. Life was grand than..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Whipper Snipper + Lawn Mower once a fortnight = good lawn,

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Three times a fortnight? I live in Queensland would never consider mowing that often (but having said that my neighbour is a once a weeker).
if your on Facebook look up Australian Lawn Fanatics, the guy that started it in the Curator for the GABBA, some of the lawns they post pics of are so beautiful they dont look real

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our suburb has a clover plague at the moment. 3 days after u mow it's back up again too. Neighbourhood looks like it's snowed. Hanging around longer this year coz the weather has been milder than usual.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clover stands tallest at 2 am while all the other grass settles in the cold, get out there at 2am on the dot and go to town.