Any interest in Alex Johnston or Adam Doueihi?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reverse also applies, the short guys who have to jump in the air to catch the ball have an advantage (can't tackle them till they land). The tall guys who don't have to jump to catch the ball are at a disadvantage (can tackle them as soon as they touch the ball).

Go Dogs
If a tall winger can’t jump, they’d better learn to be a forward

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AJ - no thanks. Can poach a try, but very happy with our choice of wingers. And there is no way he is a better FB than DWZ.
Doey - I still do not know what his best position is, so it is a no from me... By all accounts though, the kid is an absolute gentleman.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So..... Parra have picked up Campbell-Gillard and Matterson.
Souths are going to pick up Mitchell AND Arrow.
And there are people on here who want to help the better run clubs than us out by picking up their offloads that can’t make their team?
What the hell is wrong with fans on here, seriously. We by pass quality but are interested in unwanted guys?
Ffs
I hear u man....I hear loud and clear.....we pick up the scraps....we have become a joke when it comes to recruitment

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So what happens to your theory when the tall guy jumps?
It depends on how high he can jump. Still, it's the same as when a short guy jumps, no tackling allowed. It doesn't matter how tall (or short) they are. The rule change simply aligns that what was allowed (and not allowed) for a defensive player has now been applied to an attacking player. As a result I see the emphasis on having tall wingers as being the same as it always has been (since the no tackling until they land rule was instigated). Personally, I wouldn't be knocking back a world class winger just because he is shorter than a winger of otherwise lesser ability. Especially since how high they can jump is not necessarily aligned with how tall (or short) they are. Plus the run up can't be ignored in the how high can they jump equation.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahahha. I think Doueihe would be good for them, he is a solid player but BJ is fucked 10 percent hot 90 percent cold.
Yup he would be, we don’t need him, and as long as we get the fox I think we will be good to go,Time will tell.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Yup he would be, we don’t need him, and as long as we get the fox I think we will be good to go,Time will tell.
I’m all for Fox but we seriously need to ball playing strike weapons. We have great players in Smith, Hoppa, CHN and hopefully Fox but no one really there to inject them in the game or give them the proper space to work with. Unfortunately I think 2020 will be much of the same as 2019 with some improvements in the forwards. I hope I’m wrong

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m all for Fox but we seriously need to ball playing strike weapons. We have great players in Smith, Hoppa, CHN and hopefully Fox but no one really there to inject them in the game or give them the proper space to work with. Unfortunately I think 2020 will be much of the same as 2019 with some improvements in the forwards. I hope I’m wrong
Makes sense, i guess we are just used to hoping an wishing these days,which sucks .

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Makes sense, i guess we are just used to hoping an wishing these days,which sucks .
Brooooo it’s the worst lol I remember when the season started you would think we actually could win the comp. Even other teams fans and commentators would say the Dogs are regular NRL heavy weights and will be a huge chance. Now it’s can they even field a first grade standard team

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brooooo it’s the worst lol I remember when the season started you would think we actually could win the comp. Even other teams fans and commentators would say the Dogs are regular NRL heavy weights and will be a huge chance. Now it’s can they even field a first grade standard team
How can I not agree with ya?? It’s Been like this for a while, somethings gotta give soon, an hopefully it’s sooner than later !!! for all of our supporters Sake an satisfaction.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It depends on how high he can jump. Still, it's the same as when a short guy jumps, no tackling allowed. It doesn't matter how tall (or short) they are. The rule change simply aligns that what was allowed (and not allowed) for a defensive player has now been applied to an attacking player. As a result I see the emphasis on having tall wingers as being the same as it always has been (since the no tackling until they land rule was instigated). Personally, I wouldn't be knocking back a world class winger just because he is shorter than a winger of otherwise lesser ability. Especially since how high they can jump is not necessarily aligned with how tall (or short) they are. Plus the run up can't be ignored in the how high can they jump equation.

Go Dogs
The defender (a tall winger) can still contest the ball (against a short winger). If a winger doesn't have height he's going to have to have extreme pace, strength and/or ability (freak). For e.g. JAC has extreme pace and ability (freak) and has been improving on his strength/physique. I never said to rule someone out if they have a combination of the other traits (and/or are the best in the NRL at a certain one). I'd also take Johnston as he's better than what we've got (Reimis is possibly better, Meaney and Okunbor no contest).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I not agree with ya?? It’s Been like this for a while, somethings gotta give soon, an hopefully it’s sooner than later !!! for all of our supporters Sake an satisfaction.
We really need to turn the corner this year and start building towards being a heavyweight club again.
At least our cap woes are behind us at season end.
I hope our management continue to bring us out of this nightmare &
make us a championship outfit.