Any interest in Alex Johnston or Adam Doueihi?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ for me. Prob has AD covered in a foot race, more experienced, less errors in him and plus could play on the wing. PLus a change in club could work well in AJ's favour as he has looked a bit flat past few seasons. We should seize the opportunity either way, both players know there are limited spots at the rabbits.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AJ for me. Prob has AD covered in a foot race, more experienced, less errors in him and plus could play on the wing. PLus a change in club could work well in AJ's favour as he has looked a bit flat past few seasons. We should seize the opportunity either way, both players know there are limited spots at the rabbits.
Nothing Meaney can't do that AJ can imo. Be a hard pass on both. Douehi would potentially block Averillo getting a run this season if we got him

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously he'd be on 225k if he was lucky,played a handful of games not worth 400k

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to media reports,he's on 550,this year,&$700 in 21,not something I'm making up
I read those numbers as well - cant believe it to be true though - but good luck to him if is - what would J Roberts, A Reynolds, C Walker, Gagai be on - expensive backline if least experienced is on 500k.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I read those numbers as well - cant believe it to be true though - but good luck to him if is - what would J Roberts, A Reynolds, C Walker, Gagai be on - expensive backline if least experienced is on 500k.
Cook 900k, Gagai 700k and Walker 650k. The rest are unknown.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nothing Meaney can't do that AJ can imo. Be a hard pass on both. Douehi would potentially block Averillo getting a run this season if we got him
AJ is a way better winger than Meaney. What are you on about?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

not sure which outlets came up with those numbers but it's absolute crap, and as much as I hate Souths, there is no way they are paying that sort of money to a depth player

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doueihi would be a good pick up but we shouldn’t have to cop his back ended contract. Rabbitohs need to chip in a minimum $150k in 2020 and $250k in 2021 to make his back ended deal worth taking at 500k and $700k. Can’t see that happening unfortunately

we should go for Milford

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
400 max for either. Wouldnt take aj though. The other lad is versatile.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He made his debut at halfback in the charity shield. Has played 5/8, fullback, centre and wing. He has stated that his best position is at 6.
Cheers freak. This makes him a good replacement option for Foran. Keep Foran away until late year. Bring in Douls with the 350 and some. He is young and talented and versatile. Also kicks goals. Happy days

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AJ is a way better winger than Meaney. What are you on about?
Of course hes a better winger as that is his favoured position. But look at it objectively and tell me what their best assets are... It's speed. AJ isn't that strong. So yeah for the money we'd spend to get him we'd be best off keeping Meaney there

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Douehi looks wests tigers bound if they can agree on the dollars. He's a much better option for them than Corey Thomson at fullback. Wouldn't be interested in AJ personally.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So..... Parra have picked up Campbell-Gillard and Matterson.
Souths are going to pick up Mitchell AND Arrow.
And there are people on here who want to help the better run clubs than us out by picking up their offloads that can’t make their team?
What the hell is wrong with fans on here, seriously. We by pass quality but are interested in unwanted guys?
Ffs

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Of course hes a better winger as that is his favoured position. But look at it objectively and tell me what their best assets are... It's speed. AJ isn't that strong. So yeah for the money we'd spend to get him we'd be best off keeping Meaney there
Like I and many else have said, if we can get him for around 400k a season then we should. If he wants too much then no.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Douhli hasn’t shown anything in first grade yet. But seems very promising. You don’t get the fullback spot at Souths without a reason. Shame Mitchell means he will be moved. But big body. Decent pace. Has some skill. Under the right coach could be anything.

also versatility as a fullback/winger/half/bench player.
Hasn’t hit his straps yet. Reminds me a bit of a 19 year old Tedesco. Not saying he is in that class still very raw. But could be anything.

Even AJ as a fullback could be interesting. He had never had an extended run there with players coming in and out at Souths. But had speed to burn. Might be a career winger though as never got the chance to prove himself.

Thing with AJ is doubt anyone at the club would consider moving Zelezniak who probably has his last shot to prove himself as a first grade fullback.

Would be good to have a backline of AJ, douhli, Smith, zelezniak, hoppa. Pace, experience or flair 1-5. Would be a potent backline just needing a decent half to get the ball to them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Like I and many else have said, if we can get him for around 400k a season then we should. If he wants too much then no.
400k is to much for him imo. 350 max based on what I've seen from him at club level. Even if we didn't have Meaney I'd be saying that Tui Katoa could offer the same if not more