any hotels that dont have "strict no party policies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ive checked star city and meriton world square... they go by that rule..

anyone know a nice hotel that doesnt??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Doggie Diva,

Might be able to help you out here. Obviously you are talking about Sydney. I've stayed at a good number of the hotels in Sydney CBD, or at least the bigger ones.

What's your budget for a room? How many people? Why is the no party rule an issue?

If it's getting ready for a night on the cans, then there are plenty. If it's to literally hold a party in the city, good luck.

Now the reason (as far as I understand it) as to why you can't actually hold a party in most hotel rooms is fire safety standards. The hotel needs to know who is checked/booked in, and the maximum number of people they could potentially have in one room.

Sounds like you have a decent budget by the places you are talking about. Generally though, one you exceed the total pax of the room, then you'll need to rent another.

What you can do if you are thinking of having a party, is book rooms at a place like the Shangri-La, and then head either to Level 36, or to the lobby lounge for drinks and stuff with friends.

Can help out more on your reply.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well i was looking into penthouses... my brother got away with having at least 20ish people for his bday at the meriton, i was wanting to do the same without having to take a massive risk. i called them up today, the maximum you can have is 6 guests and an addition 3 more ppl as visitors up until 11pm.. LAAAMEEEE!!!

budget is around $1000

i want somewhere nice and private, where ppl will still have a good time (without having to pay a friggen fortune for drinks e.g at the shangri la)

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Maybe a holiday house would be a better idea?

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah i just dont want to make the hassle for people to get there, thats all..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How long ago was that? The Meriton wouldn't even allow you to open the balconies on weekends (last time I was there about 2 years ago).

Why not rent out some rooms at a place near The Rocks and have the party at somewhere like Bavarian Beer Cafe, or Squires @ Darling Harbour and then head back to the room later on.

Hotels don't generally like the idea of people using rooms for parties, unless you have it in their conference rooms that is.

I had my 30th at Plate at Darling Harbour, then anyone that wanted to stay booked a room at Grand Mecure (now defunct).

With a budget of $1000 you'd be pushing to get a penthouse these days to be honest.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah i might have to think about something else.. KE had thought of a good idea, i might look into that!

thanks anyway guys

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
penthouse is only 1000 bucks a night? must be a **** penthouse!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meritons "penthouses" are more like a 2 bedroom apartment to be honest.

I just spent near a grand recently booking out the next room down from penthouse at the Shangri-La to propose to my girlfriend. I checked out the Penthouse suites, but the price was downright scary and well over a grand upwards.

Most overpriced place in Sydney BTW (in my opinion) is the Four Seasons.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dont mention the four seasons

*looks at rami* that place is a hole.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Are we invited Tina?

Oh wow. This could be awkward...

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
yeah tina cuz im sick you have to make me happy :grinning: invite me

now :p

G

Gladiator.

Tina, just do it, have the party in there. After Future, we had a split level apartment at the Meriton, had over 15 people in there all night.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Tina; its probably not the best idea to publicly plot your orgies on the kennel, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.