Any good oil on Burton

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know. Noone does, just guessing like everyone else.

He doesn't know, and no one does if he'll have a very long career, that's why you get the money while you can.

If the club and Barrett are working on getting him here next year, doesn't that suggest to you he wants to come too? If he wanted to stay there and repay the Panthers with his mates he would have told our club and we would have filled a spot. Our club wouldn't say we're leaving a spot open for him.
Obviously if the club is saying they have left a spot open I am sure he has indicated his preference is to move for 2021.

What I don’t agree with is people saying the panthers will have to release him because they will have a disgruntled player at the club.

I think if they make him stay he will be ok with that. Whilst it’s not ideal for him he doesn’t seem like the type of bloke to bitch about it. That’s where my opinion differs from others

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's time for his manager to earn what he gets paid for but still portray Matt in Good Light.
"IF" Penrith continue to knock back a request for his release, its time for his manager to start shaking the media tree.
He should tell the world how his client is happy to honour his contract at Penrith & will do so if required, but personally the Manager should vent his frustration & disgust with how little empathy Penrith are showing his client who has the opportunity to earn an extra 300k in 2021 in an industry that has a very limited time frame on income. He should shout it to the roof tops at how selfish Penrith are being with his client - a player that Penrith clearly didn't rate in their top 17 players last year which was a major factor in him looking for a new club.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Obviously if the club is saying they have left a spot open I am sure he has indicated his preference is to move for 2021.

What I don’t agree with is people saying the panthers will have to release him because they will have a disgruntled player at the club.

I think if they make him stay he will be ok with that. Whilst it’s not ideal for him he doesn’t seem like the type of bloke to bitch about it. That’s where my opinion differs from others
Yeah I don't think the have to release him either.

I just think they will have to weigh the idea up.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the have to release him either.

I just think they will have to weigh the idea up.
Yep I would think as soon as a player signs for another club a year in advance they would have to weigh up their options.

I don’t even know if Penrith are back yet so they may see how he trains to determine if he is committed. I think he probably makes their top 17 this year so that will influence them too.

As I said earlier Dane Laurie asked for a request and was denied so it looks as if they are digging their heels in. He didn’t get one so not sure how Burton is any different. You need depth to win comps

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They denied a request from Dane Laurie and he is even further down the pecking order.

It looks they are making a stand. No early releases

I am not saying it’s the right thing to do but that’s what they are doing. I reckon we are only a slight chance to get him next year
It's bit rich from Ivan Cleary and Panthers making any sort of stand after the way the whole tigers situation was handled.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor how they have treated mansour
Yep agreed but it doesn’t change the fact that they have a player under contract and don’t have to release him if they choose not to. The most successful clubs are normally pretty ruthless.

If we had developed gun juniors and other clubs poached them I wouldn’t want us to release them early.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah just read that in the DT. If Penrith have to pay an extra $250K for Chrciton, they'd be even more desperate to offload Mansour and they'd be less able to compete with us for Leniu....brilliant news for us
Are we after Spencer