Anthony Bourdain passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mrs CD loves his stuff so much that I woke her up to tell her.

There has been a bizarre cluster of well known suicides... including the fashion designer Kate Spade and one of the Dutch royal family

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think I watched his show a few times on food network.... really interesting travel stuff with some triply, artsy camera work in between segments, if I’m thinking of the right guy.

It’s so sad when anyone gets to that place where they feel so completely hopeless. Sorry to read of this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After Gordon, Tony was my favourite. I must of seen every episode of No Reservations and Parts Unknown about 20 times each.

Never thought he would off himself...

PS loved how he took the piss out of the other "celebrity chefs" lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah read about this earlier on ... very sad.

Sounds like all may not have been well in the relationship with his partner though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
After Gordon, Tony was my favourite. I must of seen every episode of No Reservations and Parts Unknown about 20 times each.

Never thought he would off himself...

PS loved how he took the piss out of the other "celebrity chefs" lol
Same here, was a big fan of Tony and his shows. I'm not one to watch many cooking shows but his were different and well done. You got to not only see where to eat but see the places and the culture of that city/country.

Also he just seemed like an average joe kinda guy. Was open about his addictions to drugs and alcohol, depression, the struggles and then rising above it.

I'm not saying his girlfriend caused him to do it, but it's interesting how pictures of her with another guy came out only a few days before Tony passed. I can understand, that being someone who suffers depression and his girlfriend being his "high" as in was his world and then find out shes being unfaithful would give you a massive "low" where you could find yourself in a dark place where ending it becomes a real option.

As i said i'm not saying this is why, because we have no idea what was going on in his head. I'm just saying how things can look.

I am also stating this from my own experiences and that's could be also why i came to that conclusion because i know how i was feeling and where my head was at.

At the end of the day it's just sad to see another life ended too soon.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow very sad very cool bloke imo
Fuck the black dog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Didn't take long.....

PS not claiming it's true, but seems fake as I can't find reference to that tweet anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.