• Leave it

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Don't give a rats

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I voted "rats". Changing the anthem will increase the division that has been created.
It's very important that all inhabitants of this country pull together and fight for a common cause.
Changing one word is rolling over to a minority which seems to be increasing the divisional problem and not helping it.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got gay marriage over the line so anthem changes should be a Singh.

The gay marriage argument was shot down 3-4 times before they got it over the line. Why can't the no group have another shot to knock gay marriage out... They get one yes and it's done forever?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The gay marriage argument was shot down 3-4 times before they got it over the line. Why can't the no group have another shot to knock gay marriage out... They get one yes and it's done forever?
Nah. Not done forever. Just until a fascist dictator takes over the world.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

On the matter of social issues, society generally trends towards the progressive, so as time passes, you will have less and less people thinking that traditional marriage is the optimum. Very unlikely more than 50% will suddenly start wanting traditional marriage to come back (especially considering the threat to your personal status in society via social media / work places / social circles if people found out you supported the conservative notion of marriage).

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the matter of social issues, society generally trends towards the progressive, so as time passes, you will have less and less people thinking that traditional marriage is the optimum. Very unlikely more than 50% will suddenly start wanting traditional marriage to come back (especially considering the threat to your personal status in society via social media / work places / social circles if people found out you supported the conservative notion of marriage).
All those silent voters like trump.. noone admits to voting for Trump but many vote for him. Same with gay marriage. They won't openly say they are against it but will vote no.

Let's not have a plebiscite where only yes people voted and the no people couldn't be bothered voting, but make it compulsory, no will get up for sure

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the civil union of gay marriage does not effect places of worship and the government doesn't force them to perform them, what's the problem?

Like I've always said, if this was CLEARLY specified before the vote (Which it wasn't if you can remember) then I'm guessing there would of been more yes votes.

But that joke of a vote was only an exercise for the government not to lose votes. Whatever the outcome was, they were immune to criticism as it was "up to the people". Obvious tactic used to not lose votes from either the yes or no groups.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rorted premier wants to change a word in the anthem, most likely to take attention away from her rorts.

She wants "one and free" instead of "young and free".

What say you?
It’s a good idea , but it won’t make some people happy. And I can understand why. But the aboriginals had close to 300 hundred different tribes or nations with different languages that have sadly been lost.how do you then, translate the current song or even create a new one that’s representative of all tribes and not sung in English ?

Last edited:

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
An anthem that would not offend anyone would be one that doesn’t mention people at all. NOBODY. No races, no religions no we no us no you no them no nobody. Just the one thing we all have in common no matter how long you been here or from where you came - the love of this place.

So get someone to write a stirring tune to this piece and we’re done. It’s been there in front of us all along. Sing it once in English and once in indigenous... or not... who cares.

And be done with Advance Australia because it can’t be fixed. Oh sure you can change a word or two to fix the controversy but not the cringeworthy rest of it or that vomit inducing tune

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I Still Call Australia Home is a good tune, would be happy with that.