Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Don't give a rats

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad to see don’t give a rats ass tops the list.
Nationalism is like an embryo for closed minded fanatics!

And it’s true after those stupid riots in 2005 a lot of young people started waving the flag around like it was some kind of gang symbol!

What about all those tossers who got the flag tatted on themselves?
If you’re one of those people who has an Aussie or fighting Kangaroo tat, just to let you know it’s like a beacon to let others know what a stupid wanker you are!

Nearly all my mates who have been to jail have an Aussie flag tat! Lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well ... continuing on from my previous statement ...

When I met "young and free" women in Thailand I would generally "rejoice" after about a minute of being happy.
Probably need to throw in a line about visiting a clap clinic to clear up that minute of rejoicing

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

And it’s true after those stupid riots in 2005 a lot of young people started waving the flag around like it was some kind of gang symbol!

If you’re one of those people who has an Aussie or fighting Kangaroo tat, just to let you know it’s like a beacon to let others know what a stupid wanker you are!

Considering it was the nationalistic pride of thousands of young Australian soldiers that gave up their lives so you can freely say and do the things you like,I find your statement to be pretty ironic and fucking stupid TBH not to mention ignorant.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Wait. Whether its for the better or not is irrelevant?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJJAJAJAAJJAJAJAHAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Changing something for the better is the only thing thats relevant.

Any reasonable person (left and right) can see that an anthem change from one that doesn't represent pre-british Australia or post 1970s Australia is not a bad thing.

And please. Stop with the slippery slope argument. "OHHHH MAHHHH GAAWWWDDD. IF I MAKE AN INDIGENOUS PERSON FEEL INCLUDED BY CHANGING THE ANTHEM, NEXT THING THEY ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO MURDER PEOPLE AND NOT BE CHARGED CRIMINALLY." "Durrr dey touk ouw jowbs"

stop with the drama snowy

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The national anthem should acknowledge advances since Europe/asia turned up with some capability and know how, last 200 years or so.

Yes Australia was still here for thousands of years prior but so was Europe / Asia and they looked very different, do we dare compare ? Ask yourself How would Australia look today if the Europeans/asia never did show up?

Would the indigenous population have built much? Who was holding them back the previous few thousand years? Where are all the pyramids in Australia! Would they have built the Harbour bridge with their toolkit? Invented air cond or the playstation? Would there be any McDonald's? Roads? Would there be cars or schools?

Maybe a little thanks would be more appropriate instead of not singing the anthem.

How would Australia look if the Europeans / Asia didn't show up? I say shutup and sing the national anthem

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have a flagpole, and used to fly the flag until it was hijacked by the rednecks in the Cronulla riots. Only fly it now on special occasions.
Also have a Eureka flag, but that's been hijacked by radicals, the same way the US rebel flag was.
I prefer to fly the Greater Sydney Ensign instead, and a Santa Claus under the Southern Cross flag on December 24.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a flagpole, and used to fly the flag until it was hijacked by the rednecks in the Cronulla riots. Only fly it now on special occasions.
Also have a Eureka flag, but that's been hijacked by radicals, the same way the US rebel flag was.
I prefer to fly the Greater Sydney Ensign instead, and a Santa Claus under the Southern Cross flag on December 24.
It's a shame when uniting symbols get hijacked for dividing purposes...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Patriotic AF!

Plus good advice lol
You betcha bro.
"We hit it on the back, we hit it on the head....."
He's a funny bastard old Col, remember listening to his tapes when I was about 8 years old and not quite sure what the adults were laughing at

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The national anthem should acknowledge advances since Europe/asia turned up with some capability and know how, last 200 years or so.

Yes Australia was still here for thousands of years prior but so was Europe / Asia and they looked very different, do we dare compare ? Ask yourself How would Australia look today if the Europeans/asia never did show up?

Would the indigenous population have built much? Who was holding them back the previous few thousand years? Where are all the pyramids in Australia! Would they have built the Harbour bridge with their toolkit? Invented air cond or the playstation? Would there be any McDonald's? Roads? Would there be cars or schools?

Maybe a little thanks would be more appropriate instead of not singing the anthem.

How would Australia look if the Europeans / Asia didn't show up? I say shutup and sing the national anthem
To be honest, i dont think the todays aboriginal people want to go back in time.
I think they are born and raised in the modern world and thats how they want to live.

Unfortunatlty the atrocities of previouse generations is still yo raw.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You have to wonder and be curious about the amount of time and enthusiasm for a one word name change, which will have zero effect on social / health / criminal / financial outcomes for aboriginals.

I wonder why there is very little attention on education levels in aboriginal communities (something that if improved would have enormous positive impacts to aboriginal life outcomes), or crime levels within aboriginal communities (including the extremely excessive rates of domestic violence and violence (including sexual assault) against children.

No one deals with these because it would require some very uncomfortable truths to be told.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have to wonder and be curious about the amount of time and enthusiasm for a one word name change, which will have zero effect on social / health / criminal / financial outcomes for aboriginals.

I wonder why there is very little attention on education levels in aboriginal communities (something that if improved would have enormous positive impacts to aboriginal life outcomes), or crime levels within aboriginal communities (including the extremely excessive rates of domestic violence and violence (including sexual assault) against children.

No one deals with these because it would require some very uncomfortable truths to be told.
Na it will cure cancer, cure corona, and destroy the patriarchy.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

People who don't feel included usually rebel against the system.

If an anthem change, which would also be inclusive for all ethnics that migrated here, would help that cause. Whats the actual big deal?

You can address the anthem AND work to addressing the issues you mentioned. It isn't one or the other.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Whats the actual big deal?
IMO the big deal is the amount of time, coverage and thought being given to something which will make zero impact on actual aboriginal people's daily lives.

You can address the anthem AND work to addressing the issues you mentioned. It isn't one or the other.
True. But that is not what is happening here. No one is talking (in any meaningful way) about the actual problems which affect aboriginal people's daily lives.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IMO the big deal is the amount of time, coverage and thought being given to something which will make zero impact on actual aboriginal people's daily lives.

True. But that is not what is happening here. No one is talking (in any meaningful way) about the actual problems which affect aboriginal people's daily lives.
1. Taking the time, coverage and thought will make a huge difference. Shows we are not stuck im the 1950s and are willing to progress. Something like thing doesnt change in a blink of an eye. Its a process. Its not like changing your shirt. You have no evidence to suggest an anthem change wont change the mindset of a portion (if not the majoirty)of indigenous or ethnic people in turn make their "daily lives" better. Its low risk with a high potential reward.

2. How do you know government agencies are not increasing their abilities to better help indigenous and ethnic communities? I work in the government. I can tell you for a fact over the past 5 years, education/training, resources etc have doubled.

We are moving forward, we are progressing. An anthem change would mean so much at little real cost

Edit* I'd also be careful on pre-perceiving what the measure will be for making a person's daily life better. What we may consider "nothing" could mean alot to another

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
1. Taking the time, coverage and thought will make a huge difference.
In my personal opinion the only difference it will make is helping to make already powerful people corporates, educators, media, NRL players and politicians feel better about themselves.

Go and talk to actual indigenous people in regional outback communities whether they give two sh**s about a single word in the anthem, or whether they care about whether their kids are being educated properly, or whether they can sleep without worrying about someone breaking in and bashing them or their family.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In my personal opinion the only difference it will make is helping to make already powerful people corporates, educators, media, NRL players and politicians feel better about themselves.

Go and talk to actual indigenous people in regional outback communities whether they give two sh**s about a single word in the anthem, or whether they care about whether their kids are being educated properly, or whether they can sleep without worrying about someone breaking in and bashing them or their family.

Thats you're opinion. And you're entitled to it. But there is no evidence to back you're opinion up. You may be right. You may be wrong. Its my opinion changing it will make ALOT of people feel more included. Morally i am ok with that.

Ahhhh. I have spoken to alot of indigenous people in the outback and in sydney metro. You're right, they do care about education, poverty, opportunity, inter community crime AND inclusion. AND not OR. Its not one or the other. The anthem will help address one issue (might not solve the issue, but it will progress a solution)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Thats you're opinion. And you're entitled to it. But there is no evidence to back you're opinion up.
Yes there is. Even if one word in the anthem changes, it will have zero meaningful impact on practical things that actual matter to indigenous communities like education, crime, financial status, health, cultural practices etc.