News Another sponsor gone

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Jaycar are going broke so the mad Monday was the miracle they were waiting for to get out... As too these idiots.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can contact them here

info@pdpfoods.com.au

I found the email address on their website.

Not that I am wanting drama. OK I do.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club has a Sponsorship and Corporate Partnership Manager it was Aaron Warburton up until last year and I'm not sure who replaced him. There is a few people who work under this position.
Don't claim to know anything about inner functionings of the football club org chart.
But everyone knows the board and CEO play a primary role in leveraging their commercial networks to broker commercial deals.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All I will say for now is the sponsor had problems with Dunn from few years back
Respect ..but....is it fair to be throwing out stuff like this denigrating Dunn with insinuations not backed up? I have no agenda but isn't it enough we have outsiders, who hate us, already throwing enough mud?

We don't need more from within do we?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The commercial sponsorship department at an NRL club is the board and CEO.

In the fullness of time we will see how the new board and CEO go with the commercial side of the job? They have 850K pa to claw back.
To put the amount into perspective its less than 10% of the cap, and we paid Foran $1million in 2018.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Err... new sponsors...
As a business you want to keep sponsors long term genius not chop and change. I think what Elliot did was harmless and cutting ties over that is a tad over the top but I am sure the club is kind annoyed we lost them as a sponsor.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As a business you want to keep sponsors long term genius not chop and change. I think what Elliot did was harmless and cutting ties over that is a tad over the top but I am sure the club is kind annoyed we lost them as a sponsor.
You seem a little annoyed, yourself....lol.

Sponsors come and go.... Jaycar had already announced it was on its way out before this even happened and was just grandstanding. I suspect Wicked Sister was too. Clubs have many different sponsors. Some stay long term, others don’t.

The club would probably be more annoyed with both companies trash talking its brand than with the actual loss of sponsorship, I’d think.

I’m sure people at the club are annoyed, but you asked how we would replace the sponsorship money and I gave you a pretty straight forward answer. They’ll find someone to step in.

All clubs lose sponsors and we’ve just changed our board. For all you know, Wicked Sister had ties to Dib and this was sour grapes...Jaycar certainly did.

It’s annoying, but the sky isn’t falling. There are bigger things to worry about..aka the welfare of our players. My main hope after Wicked Sister’s dummy spit is that Adam Elliott is doing ok.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
You seem a little annoyed, yourself....lol.

Sponsors come and go.... Jaycar had already announced it was on its way out before this even happened and was just grandstanding. I suspect Wicked Sister was too. Clubs have many different sponsors. Some stay long term, others don’t.

The club would probably be more annoyed with both companies trash talking its brand than with the actual loss of sponsorship, I’d think.

I’m sure people at the club are annoyed, but you asked how we would replace the sponsorship money and I gave you a pretty straight forward answer. They’ll find someone to step in.

All clubs lose sponsors and we’ve just changed our board. For all you know, Wicked Sister had ties to Dib and this was sour grapes...Jaycar certainly did.

It’s annoying, but the sky isn’t falling. There are bigger things to worry about..aka the welfare of our players. My main hope after Wicked Sister’s dummy spit is that Adam Elliott is doing ok.
"
Na not annoyed at all, sorry for the jab with the genius comment. I'm just reading some of these comments saying "We dont want ya or need ya" Like ahh yes we kinda do need sponsors. I agree get just get new sponsors but it probably would of been easier for the club to just have had them still sponsor us is all. Agree with Elliot hope is ok, old mate is probably thinking now Fuck I lost the club money.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has heard of this company until now. They’ve got more publicity out of ending the sponsorship than having it. Its just business for them. All the high moral ground talk is just words. Fuck off - we’ll be fine without you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"
Na not annoyed at all, sorry for the jab with the genius comment. I'm just reading some of these comments saying "We dont want ya or need ya" Like ahh yes we kinda do need sponsors. I agree get just get new sponsors but it probably would of been easier for the club to just have had them still sponsor us is all. Agree with Elliot hope is ok, old mate is probably thinking now Fuck I lost the club money.
Haha all good. My first comment probably seemed a bit snarky and I didn’t really mean it to.

Yeah, poor guy... just when he’s probably starting to feel a bit better, pricks from the media and corporate world start slinging more mud.

I think most people in here know it’s better to keep sponsors when you can. I think the who needs you reaction is more because people don’t like the timing and especially the way Wicked Suster went about things and question the conpany’s motives. It’s more an if that’s the way you’re going to be, fuck off and good riddance sort of mentality, I guess. Ultimately, people know that the club will bounce back and they are angry. I kinda share those sentiments. They say they are a family company? What about Adam Elliott’s family? Or the families of other players they are dragging through the mud? I think people are just sensing how over the top and disingenuous that statement was.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Time to stick a dick in their custard tarts
Only problem is the minute someone reports a picture of a cock jizzing in a chocolate mousse, it's goodbye Facebook account and hello Facebook purgatory!

For some reason they don't tend to see the funny side of such shenanigans.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than values and any other reasons given by sponsors the mad monday fiasco just gave all our sponsors the opportunity to revaluate their sponsorship dollars..

From the outside looking in for non bulldogs fans they see: new management, new coach, young team, few big names, no star signings on the horizon.. no one sees any great deal of success on the field in near future.. Easy excuse to back out
Obviously then they've been milking the club for all its worth if that's the case as the club made enormous improvement in the backend of this season and the future looks a lot brighter than it has for a while.......just an easy way out for them......Good Riddance!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Respect ..but....is it fair to be throwing out stuff like this denigrating Dunn with insinuations not backed up? I have no agenda but isn't it enough we have outsiders, who hate us, already throwing enough mud?

We don't need more from within do we?
Mate...you have my respect for having this attitude, and out of respect faith and hope for better future at our club I refuse to offload details,
Previously I've called for true unity in the club but some people mocked me, it is great to see the Hughes family back in the fold though it is sad to see a club great leave, and here is a hint, the greatest one of all will follow...I am talking about the the two people that stood by the club in time of need while others sought better fortunes elsewhere.
Do not believe their reasons for leaving, the truth is there are a lot of frictions some of which goes back to the early eighties and some are recent !
As for Dunn...I wish it wasn't the case !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once the announcements are made then all those in here that find it hard to let go of agendas will shut up.
I don’t share your optimism on that unfortunately. The club could go on a 5 year premiership run and their would still be some in here with axes to grind.