Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Annual Bevan French rumour

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wigan fullback Bevan French will meet Parramatta and Canterbury officials about a shock return to the NRL in 2023.

French plans on fulfilling the final year of his Wigan contract next season before an expected move back to Australia.

And he could be a replacement for Mika Sivo at Parramatta or Matt Dufty at Belmore.

French is currently in Australia to be alongside his sick mother, Tiffany Blair, in Inverell.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal French and his manager, Allan Gainey, have plans to meet Eels and Bulldogs officials before the star fullback returns to England.

“Bevan is committed to going back but I have two clubs that want to talk to him about 2023,” Gainey said. “We are sourcing interest for 2023 because he does want to make his way back to Australia. Bevan is a cult hero over there in Wigan.”

French played 47 games for Parramatta between 2016 and 2019. But French felt his time at the Eels was closing when overlooked by Brad Arthur for round one, 2019. The coach opted for Clint Gutherson, Mika Sivo and Blake Ferguson as his back three.

Ferguson has now left with Sivo linked to French rugby from 2023.

Dufty is certain to excel at a rejuvenated Canterbury next season but has only signed a one-year contract.

French has been on Zoom calls with Wigan’s coaching and welfare staff two to three times a week completing online training sessions.

A Tingha junior, French endured an injury-plagued 2021 season after sustaining a severe hamstring injury in July which ended his season. Wigan allowed French to complete his now-completed rehabilitation in Australia to be close to family.

French, still just 25, is on a handsome contract in England valued at about $450,000 a season.

“He wants to go back to England and tear them apart,” Gainey said. “Bevan is very loyal to Wigan given they have been very understanding of his mother’s situation.

“He is very appreciative. If he were to get to Sydney this week, I have arranged for him to meet up with two clubs and have an informal chat.”

Gifted, versatile and fast, French, according to his former NRL teammates, left for England too early in his career.

He played a chunk of 2019 for Parramatta’s feeder club, Wentworthville, before signing with Wigan and playing in the club’s 2020 grand final loss to St Helens.

French has scored 26 tries in 34 games for Wigan.

In a social media message to fans last week, posted on Wigan’s social media platforms, French said: “It’s definitely not ideal circumstances I am in at the moment. From the get go, you guys have been very supportive, and I can’t thank you enough for that.

“It feels like an eternity since I last played a game of rugby league. I really can’t wait to do that, wear that jersey with pride, and do it in front of a home crowd. Hopefully we can bring more success to such a rich club.

“I’m really looking forward to making memories in the near future with everyone that is involved with the club. I really miss playing in front of a home crowd. I cannot wait to get back over there. Hopefully, it won’t be too long.”

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great another Fullback who thinks he's a 5/8.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha who writes this crap? We are looking for a replacement for a player who hasn't played a game for us yet? Lololol
Whoever wrote this article must think Dufty will be shit lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly we know who wrote it.

When did you get a gig at the DT as Buzz's sidekick Marley?
Na, I wouldn't have suggested French..another shitter I don't want at the club :tearsofjoy:

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wigan fullback Bevan French will meet Parramatta and Canterbury officials about a shock return to the NRL in 2023.

French plans on fulfilling the final year of his Wigan contract next season before an expected move back to Australia.

And he could be a replacement for Mika Sivo at Parramatta or Matt Dufty at Belmore.

French is currently in Australia to be alongside his sick mother, Tiffany Blair, in Inverell.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal French and his manager, Allan Gainey, have plans to meet Eels and Bulldogs officials before the star fullback returns to England.

“Bevan is committed to going back but I have two clubs that want to talk to him about 2023,” Gainey said. “We are sourcing interest for 2023 because he does want to make his way back to Australia. Bevan is a cult hero over there in Wigan.”

French played 47 games for Parramatta between 2016 and 2019. But French felt his time at the Eels was closing when overlooked by Brad Arthur for round one, 2019. The coach opted for Clint Gutherson, Mika Sivo and Blake Ferguson as his back three.

Ferguson has now left with Sivo linked to French rugby from 2023.

Dufty is certain to excel at a rejuvenated Canterbury next season but has only signed a one-year contract.

French has been on Zoom calls with Wigan’s coaching and welfare staff two to three times a week completing online training sessions.

A Tingha junior, French endured an injury-plagued 2021 season after sustaining a severe hamstring injury in July which ended his season. Wigan allowed French to complete his now-completed rehabilitation in Australia to be close to family.

French, still just 25, is on a handsome contract in England valued at about $450,000 a season.

“He wants to go back to England and tear them apart,” Gainey said. “Bevan is very loyal to Wigan given they have been very understanding of his mother’s situation.

“He is very appreciative. If he were to get to Sydney this week, I have arranged for him to meet up with two clubs and have an informal chat.”

Gifted, versatile and fast, French, according to his former NRL teammates, left for England too early in his career.

He played a chunk of 2019 for Parramatta’s feeder club, Wentworthville, before signing with Wigan and playing in the club’s 2020 grand final loss to St Helens.

French has scored 26 tries in 34 games for Wigan.

In a social media message to fans last week, posted on Wigan’s social media platforms, French said: “It’s definitely not ideal circumstances I am in at the moment. From the get go, you guys have been very supportive, and I can’t thank you enough for that.

“It feels like an eternity since I last played a game of rugby league. I really can’t wait to do that, wear that jersey with pride, and do it in front of a home crowd. Hopefully we can bring more success to such a rich club.

“I’m really looking forward to making memories in the near future with everyone that is involved with the club. I really miss playing in front of a home crowd. I cannot wait to get back over there. Hopefully, it won’t be too long.”

No

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cringed @ “Severe hamstring injury”