Opinion Announcements?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody in the know have a clue when we will hear more about the new signings of Davey and Pele, the announcement of Ciraldo? Burton re-signing? Feel like I wake up each day waiting for this news but still nothing! Im very impatient lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well Gus hasn't denied Davey and Pele on Twitter so based off that there's a high chance they're coming/signed up.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus did say from the beginning that we wouldn't look at getting a new coach until September.

That means Potter will get until seasons end to prove himself as a candidate, and if the Ciraldo link is serious then I won't expect an announcement until after the Panthers have finished their finals run.

My thoughts anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus did say from the beginning that we wouldn't look at getting a new coach until September.

That means Potter will get until seasons end to prove himself as a candidate, and if the Ciraldo link is serious then I won't expect an announcement until after the Panthers have finished their finals run.

My thoughts anyway.
I thought Potter changed his tune a bit in the press conference leading into last weeks game. He mentioned being willing to coach other teams if it was an option. I think we've already told him he doesn't have the job.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Potter changed his tune a bit in the press conference leading into last weeks game. He mentioned being willing to coach other teams if it was an option. I think we've already told him he doesn't have the job.
If he doesn’t want an assistant role and Gus is really set on Ciraldo for head coach guess he may be gone. Personally not having Potter around and resetting the player to coach relationship by introducing a new figure isn’t the best idea considering what we’ve built. It’s tough if he doesn’t want to stay he is one hell of a coach to do what his done in a side that has played years of shite footy is phenomenal. Ciraldo with Potter assistant is our best bet tbh but Potter surely would take a head coach roll elsewhere over an assistant role here .

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he doesn’t want an assistant role and Gus is really set on Ciraldo for head coach guess he may be gone. Personally not having Potter around and resetting the player to coach relationship by introducing a new figure isn’t the best idea considering what we’ve built. It’s tough if he doesn’t want to stay he is one hell of a coach to do what his done in a side that has played years of shite footy is phenomenal. Ciraldo with Potter assistant is our best bet tbh but Potter surely would take a head coach roll elsewhere over an assistant role here .
Great idea. Wait till we're playing the best attacking football for 10 years then sack that caretaker coach that brought it about for a defensive coach. I fail to see exactly why Gould is God in this. He has liked Ciraldo for years, so what. He sacked Hook for Ciraldo then Penrith Board went behind Goulds back and signed Cleary. If Ciraldo was any good, the Penrith Board would of confirmed him as Head Coach.
So Potter was next man up here, Gould as clearly evidenced by his body language doesn't think much of Potter, and is having to death ride him till seasons end, hoping we lose a few more games, the lustre of Potter wears off, and he can anoint Ciraldo.
If I was a Dogs Board member and I have liked what I've seen at training and the smiles on the players faces on matchday, I'd want more of that Potter magic and I'd be negotiating a 2 year extension with Potts right now. No need to wait for Gould. The Dogs have their man and his name is Michael Potter.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great idea. Wait till we're playing the best attacking football for 10 years then sack that caretaker coach that brought it about for a defensive coach. I fail to see exactly why Gould is God in this. He has liked Ciraldo for years, so what. He sacked Hook for Ciraldo then Penrith Board went behind Goulds back and signed Cleary. If Ciraldo was any good, the Penrith Board would of confirmed him as Head Coach.
So Potter was next man up here, Gould as clearly evidenced by his body language doesn't think much of Potter, and is having to death ride him till seasons end, hoping we lose a few more games, the lustre of Potter wears off, and he can anoint Ciraldo.
If I was a Dogs Board member and I have liked what I've seen at training and the smiles on the players faces on matchday, I'd want more of that Potter magic and I'd be negotiating a 2 year extension with Potts right now. No need to wait for Gould. The Dogs have their man and his name is Michael Potter.
If it was my choice I would make Potter head coach in a heartbeat over Ciraldo.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Blah blah blah - except:

- Gus didn’t ‘sack Hook for Ciraldo’. He was a caretaker. Same as Potter.
- Ciraldo wasn’t ready to be a head coach back then and both Gus and the Panthers knew it.
- Gus had a handshake deal with Skeletor to coach the Panthers when he finished at Redfern and this was before the NRL Dolphins existed.
- The club appointed Cleary so not to risk losing Nathan to the Tigers and the board was split.
- If Gus ‘doesn’t rate’ and is ‘death riding’ Potts and ‘hoping we lose’ - why did he appoint him as interim?
- That’s fantastic ‘if you were a Bulldogs Director’ - just one issue there - Gus reports to the Chairman only who happens to be a big supporter of Gus, and the board wouldn’t be able to run flank on that. Unless of course you happen to support another upheaval at board level and destabilise the club again?

Seriously - stop pontificating like you’re some fountain of knowledge. It’s embarrassing :-).

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could well be a possibility.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rumours doing the rounds is that Ciraldo has already signed the contract and Gus and him are waiting for the best time to announce. On Potter I have no idea, would be good for him to stay around, i'm sure Gus will be in Ciraldo ear making suggestions considering it will be his first head coaching gig. Warburton said a week ago he hoped it would be announced in next two weeks. So one week to go on that timeline.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Jizz fest over Potter needs to stop. Don’t get me wrong, blokes done a wonderful job getting us playing attractive footy. But what winds premierships? Defence. Our defence is shit under potter. I get fitness attributes to that and there’s nothing he can do about it. But also look at the weekends game. We were gassed and he had Patolo playing 10 mins and ZDK playing 8 minutes. Shocking use of the bench cost us a chance at winning that game.

Ciraldo may be unproven. But he’ll bring a solid defence system, and ensure Burton re-signs. He will also attract players.

Potter has done a wonderful job and I’d love him to stick around as an assistant. But if he wants to be a head coach. It won’t be here.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the coach has been signed, Gus always swings towards the media’s assurance, but he intends to shock everyone.
I will never leave out Shane Flanagan just yet. It’s seems Shane has calm down a bit.
Will just have to see the outcome. I’m not convinced Cameron Ciraldo is a done deal.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the coach has been signed, Gus always swings towards the media’s assurance, but he intends to shock everyone.
I will never leave out Shane Flanagan just yet. It’s seems Shane has calm down a bit.
Will just have to see the outcome. I’m not convinced Cameron Ciraldo is a done deal.
Fitler or Slater?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The rumours doing the rounds is that Ciraldo has already signed the contract and Gus and him are waiting for the best time to announce. On Potter I have no idea, would be good for him to stay around, i'm sure Gus will be in Ciraldo ear making suggestions considering it will be his first head coaching gig. Warburton said a week ago he hoped it would be announced in next two weeks. So one week to go on that timeline.
My only concern is would Ciraldo want a popular with fans, respected old boy coach who has turned around a boring, inept struggling team and is surely popular and respected by the players?

Could be awkward with mixed messages from new coach and ex-coach. Potter has been far more successful than any other interim coach in this position before so it's new territory. Ciraldo would need to be a confident, self assured coach for sure.

One thing we all know tho is Mick Potter would do everything in his power to make it work and do all he could to assist Ciraldo so def no backstabbing coming from him and only positive help from Mick.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Death riding Potter had a good lol at that, as if....

Coaching announcement after our last game is that the most likely scenario?
If its Ciraldo, Gus probably trying to avoid the same media circus of the Barrett signing and affect on Pennies....he cherishes his legacy at that club.

We'll know whenever \_(ツ)_/¯

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trust the process
Head Coach: Ciraldo
Assistant: Maguire
Assistant: Potter
Assistant: Sandercock or DTT