Opinion Announcements?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Jizz fest over Potter needs to stop. Don’t get me wrong, blokes done a wonderful job getting us playing attractive footy. But what winds premierships? Defence. Our defence is shit under potter. I get fitness attributes to that and there’s nothing he can do about it. But also look at the weekends game. We were gassed and he had Patolo playing 10 mins and ZDK playing 8 minutes. Shocking use of the bench cost us a chance at winning that game.

Ciraldo may be unproven. But he’ll bring a solid defence system, and ensure Burton re-signs. He will also attract players.

Potter has done a wonderful job and I’d love him to stick around as an assistant. But if he wants to be a head coach. It won’t be here.
Not impossible Potter will get a crack at all. Also don't think we care about attracting players more, we are getting good ones already.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah blah blah - except:

- Gus didn’t ‘sack Hook for Ciraldo’. He was a caretaker. Same as Potter.
- Ciraldo wasn’t ready to be a head coach back then and both Gus and the Panthers knew it.
- Gus had a handshake deal with Skeletor to coach the Panthers when he finished at Redfern and this was before the NRL Dolphins existed.
- The club appointed Cleary so not to risk losing Nathan to the Tigers and the board was split.
- If Gus ‘doesn’t rate’ and is ‘death riding’ Potts and ‘hoping we lose’ - why did he appoint him as interim?
- That’s fantastic ‘if you were a Bulldogs Director’ - just one issue there - Gus reports to the Chairman only who happens to be a big supporter of Gus, and the board wouldn’t be able to run flank on that. Unless of course you happen to support another upheaval at board level and destabilise the club again?

Seriously - stop pontificating like you’re some fountain of knowledge. It’s embarrassing :-).
Well said Dinkum you’re right people just talking nonsense for the sake of things is embarrassing.
At least make an attempt to work out the management structure within our club and reporting lines, it probably wouldn’t make a difference to some.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has confirmed Skelton is top 30 for 2023

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus did say from the beginning that we wouldn't look at getting a new coach until September.

That means Potter will get until seasons end to prove himself as a candidate, and if the Ciraldo link is serious then I won't expect an announcement until after the Panthers have finished their finals run.

My thoughts anyway.
Means ciraldo once season is over

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah - except:

- Gus didn’t ‘sack Hook for Ciraldo’. He was a caretaker. Same as Potter.
- Ciraldo wasn’t ready to be a head coach back then and both Gus and the Panthers knew it.
- Gus had a handshake deal with Skeletor to coach the Panthers when he finished at Redfern and this was before the NRL Dolphins existed.
- The club appointed Cleary so not to risk losing Nathan to the Tigers and the board was split.
- If Gus ‘doesn’t rate’ and is ‘death riding’ Potts and ‘hoping we lose’ - why did he appoint him as interim?
- That’s fantastic ‘if you were a Bulldogs Director’ - just one issue there - Gus reports to the Chairman only who happens to be a big supporter of Gus, and the board wouldn’t be able to run flank on that. Unless of course you happen to support another upheaval at board level and destabilise the club again?

Seriously - stop pontificating like you’re some fountain of knowledge. It’s embarrassing :-).
What's embarrassing is you wanting to rewrite history.
Bennett was never going to Panthers. Everyone knows that. It was media chat only.
Potter was coaching the NSW Cup side, so was the next in line as caretaker coach once Barrett was dismissed.
Gould has been busy with many teams since he left us late 80's, so I fail to see why he rules our Club. He was bought in for a few purposes sure....reestablish credibility in the player market, distance the Board from the sacking of Barrett and help establish development pathways that had been decimated by Hasler. He answers to the full board and will recommend a Coach.
I'd like you to front the other Club Directors and tell them they are merely rubber stamps to whatever the Chairman and Gould decide. Wake up this isn't the CCP.
If the Board don't perform they will be voted out next cycle. They are fully aware of that and the fact THEY collectively run the Club, not Gould. There's no need to talk of Boardroom upheaval. The Board discuss many aspects of the Club regularly. They are not dictated to by Gould.
We are a Club run by members. We are not owned or controlled by 1 person or 1 family.
Don't be afraid of the truth. It won't hurt you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What's embarrassing is you wanting to rewrite history.
Bennett was never going to Panthers. Everyone knows that. It was media chat only.
Potter was coaching the NSW Cup side, so was the next in line as caretaker coach once Barrett was dismissed.
Gould has been busy with many teams since he left us late 80's, so I fail to see why he rules our Club. He was bought in for a few purposes sure....reestablish credibility in the player market, distance the Board from the sacking of Barrett and help establish development pathways that had been decimated by Hasler. He answers to the full board and will recommend a Coach.
I'd like you to front the other Club Directors and tell them they are merely rubber stamps to whatever the Chairman and Gould decide. Wake up this isn't the CCP.
If the Board don't perform they will be voted out next cycle. They are fully aware of that and the fact THEY collectively run the Club, not Gould. There's no need to talk of Boardroom upheaval. The Board discuss many aspects of the Club regularly. They are not dictated to by Gould.
We are a Club run by members. We are not owned or controlled by 1 person or 1 family.
Don't be afraid of the truth. It won't hurt you.
Fabulous commentary, albeit largely fantasy.
CCP? Keep your far right political Faux News lovin’ nonsense out of football discussion, eh?

The truth? OK :-). Here’s some actual truth: Prior to FG, Potter was coaching Mounties which is not our primary NSW Cup Team and that association ends at the end of this season. Tangles is the coach of our primary NSW Cup Team. So Potter wasn’t a shoe-in in that regard. If anything he was bought in to remain part of the Bulldogs when the Mounties relationship ends. Who made that call? Gus.

And you are utterly wrong about the board.
How do you think the leaks were plugged?
There’s only three and sometimes two people who know key outcomes before they’re public. Why? Because when more than two people know something it’s no longer a secret. Of course they all make a contribution - but they do so in different ways such as community engagement and committee work, but aren’t all privy to everything either, don’t kid yourself.

I like what Potter is doing, but I trust more that the right coaching decision will be made - and made with knowledge outsiders (yes, including you) don’t have and it won’t necessarily be Potter.

But thanks for your input anyway. I’ll let you get back to the latest episode of InfoWars. You have to source your dribble from somewhere! :-).